Is this the Unedited version of Blizzard ??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Is this the Unedited version of Blizzard ??

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen this on ebay and i cannot think what this guy is selling.He's saying direct from the studio as it was laid down ?? Working Tracks ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/OZZY-Blizzard-of-Oz ... dZViewItem
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

could it mean it's an original....before the remastered versions came out?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I asked the guy what the item was and this was his reply ..Very interesting But could it be an imposter(s) pretending to record Blizzard i think this would of come to light before now...

These are tracks from the studio recording which show the evolution of the songs. Randy is still working and reworking parts and leads. These are probably reels from the recording session which were rerecorded until they got the results they wanted. A good listen for Randy/Ozzy fans.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

seems like a fake. has anyone heard these? can they be validated?
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

well i have Suicide Solution while it was being worked and i have no bone movies and steal away in a rough mix, however none of the other tracks i can validate
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I was told by a person who passed me some real Randy trinkets that hours of stuff like this is being held, we did see parts of Dee used on tribute so it is there.....We will have to wait to see how much people are preppared to leach out next year I know people are thinking of letting it out and the 25th seems a good time!!! (to some people) it will cost us a few piles of cash.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Trigger wrote:I was told by a person who passed me some real Randy trinkets that hours of stuff like this is being held, we did see parts of Dee used on tribute so it is there.....We will have to wait to see how much people are preppared to leach out next year I know people are thinking of letting it out and the 25th seems a good time!!! (to some people) it will cost us a few piles of cash.

T
There is probably a goldmine of stuff out there. Some approval is needed but also some time and effort from certain people
to put some things out. Hope with the 25th some things will be put straight, still not sure if that will happen though since
decades long nobody seems really motivated to do something.... (yet they felt the need to butcher two historical rock albums.....)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hey Dutch

I think I would be happy if all I got to hear was the full outro for the track 'Tonight' 8)

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Trigger wrote:Hey Dutch

I think I would be happy if all I got to hear was the full outro for the track 'Tonight' 8)

T
Lets keep things positive and say less is more! :P

It can be worser though, as for footage fans of Charlie Parker only have a few minutes film.
If I'm correct this is all it......: Charlie Parker
The start reminds me of Randy's best new talent award, both Charlie and Randy had a very fluid legato technique. And there
is exactly 30 years between these two awards. :!:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I e-mailed the guy and asked him if he could do me a copy of the disc YEAH! for $30 i'm thinking money making scam.If he just has to burn a few copys off at $30 a time.If he'd sold me it for $10 OK thats including shipping yeah but i'm not buying a cheap disc thats worth about 20p ftom him for £15-$30
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

I have this and its just the panned side of the tracks. Pretty cool cause all you hear is mainly Randy's guitar.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

cableguyxx wrote:The faded out Tonight outro solo would be soooooo cool 8) I hope it still exists somewhere.
Since they re-recorded the drums and bass on both Blizzard & Diary it proves that the seperated tracks of those albums are
still there. And that means that there is a good chance that the entire guitar track of Tonight is still out there.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Hi Darin, I believe it's the panned version. I know that my cd is called working tracks that was wrote on the front. Your right it is well done cause all you for the most part is Randy's guitar in more pure form. Crazy Train sounds cool cause it's sounds more like a beefed up vintage Marshall than that effect that Max Norman put on it to give it that classic sound.