Randy's Car ??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

JAY
Cool Member

Re: Randy's Car ??

Post by JAY »

When i was at Musonia in Feb 11- Kelle told me that him and Kathys husband had recently pushed the car into delores garage because all of a sudden she wanted it moved . Nobody had been in the car since RR and apparently there was a bag with bowties and some stomp boxes in the back? Ive got him telling the story on video somewhere. So the cars in Delores garage last I heard.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I find that story a little far fetched, i don't think they would of left any of his personal items in the car. The car would be an easy target for being broken into and if they did find items of his in the car, they just happened to be bow ties and stomp boxes. Why not spice the story up a bit more and say his entire back line was hidding in the garage and its never been in a locked vault. Kelle likes to tell the fans news, but i honestly think its a little story that would be boring without the extra few pieces of RR memorabilia hidding away. So what happened to the car Kelle "Oh it was Mom's idea to store it in the garage". Not before we went and looked in the boot and found a whole bag of bow ties. I've seen the video and its just something that wouldn't be left outside. Why would they be in there!!.. Don't tell me Randy would of stashed them away in case someone happened to find them 30 years later. No effence to you Jay as you are just the messenger, but its just my opinion on this one. The video is here 10:10 onwards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxPaLOg_ ... e=youtu.be
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I'm not a big Kelle fan. He always comes off 180 degrees of how Randy did. Randy was humble in front of the cameras. Maybe he has a few too many glasses of wine before addressing the crowd but watching him wave around his cigar and improvise makes me cringe. I doubt a bag of bow ties would have survived 30 years in the California sun and heat. It did seem like he was one-upping the Randy fan. "There's one fan who thinks they have all of Randy's bow ties..." Kelle is thinking, EBAY! ;) I don't know.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Why not spice the story up a bit more and say his entire back line was hidding in the garage and its never been in a locked vault...
C'mon Kelle should have said Randy's Black Beauty Les Paul was in the trunk! :lol:

I agree that Kelle does come across as enjoying the spotlight and wanting to be the center of attention. I've never met him, personally, but I've heard both good and bad from those who have. To me, he is who he is, and that's just fine.

My question is why would a 'bag full of bow ties' be important in any way?
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

I met Kelle personally and he was very giving of his time about Randy, about Musonia, and about himself. He could have been a real dick to me and others that have made the trip to Musonia, but he has been very cool overall. He could have clammed up and done nothing for anyone regarding Randy, so let's consider that for a second before we start giving him any shit.

I know I'd raise my hand when asked if I was ever a knucklehead after having a bit much to drink and I'm sure others here would, too.

During my time with him and Delores, I certainly felt that they wanted only the best for Randy when he was alive and for his memory/legacy. I never got the feeling that Kelle was bitter or riding Randy's coat tails.

There is no handbook for being a sibling of someone famous and I'm grateful that he is sharing what he does. I'll take the occasional foot in mouth as it is a small price to pay for what we get in return.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I hate to watch myself on video. I usually try to be too entertaining and ham it up. I'm not trying to slam the guy. It's just how he comes off to me, from a far. Just another couch comment, right from the hip.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Why not spice the story up a bit more and say his entire back line was hidding in the garage and its never been in a locked vault...
C'mon Kelle should have said Randy's Black Beauty Les Paul was in the trunk! :lol:

Randy's Black Beauty is still with the family and it was photographed for the RR Klein / Rosen book. It was one of those guitars which i didn't expect to be around now. I heard that he recorded some of the DOAM album using the same guitar.
A bag full of bow ties would be a cool find for any RR fan its a personal item to have and to me they would of been made in a limited supply to the amount of stage outfits Randy had. I think Jodi made them for him and i know he used to give them to the fans. It must of been Lori Hollen, Kelle was having a 'pop at' as she has the only other collection of RR bow ties.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:

Randy's Black Beauty is still with the family and it was photographed for the RR Klein / Rosen book. It was one of those guitars which i didn't expect to be around now. I heard that he recorded some of the DOAM album using the same guitar.
A bag full of bow ties would be a cool find for any RR fan its a personal item to have and to me they would of been made in a limited supply to the amount of stage outfits Randy had. I think Jodi made them for him and i know he used to give them to the fans. It must of been Lori Hollen, Kelle was having a 'pop at' as she has the only other collection of RR bow ties.
I though Randy's black beauty was listed on eBay a while back ?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:

Yeah, yeah, I know all the guitars are with the family (sounds so mafia when it's put that way). I'm just saying that when you insinuate that Kelle made up the story of finding bowties, why not make up a story about one of his guitars being in the trunk?

My point of "who cares" about the bowties is this: they won't be selling or giving them away, they'd just be collecting dust with all his other stuff, so who cares if the found them? I know the history of Lori Hollen and the bowties, but again, so what if there were some she didn't have? By saying she had them all, she assumed she did, so what?

Just more drama surrounding Randy.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well it was Kelle's OMG story ..what can i tell the fans to give them a WOW story...why should he say that he found the holy grail in the boot of his car. When i know he's talking out of his ass...Randy's car was more then likely on the drive for most of its life. As Frank has let us know he would bum lifts and cigarettes and that suggests to me Randy couldn't afford to run his car. If he had shit loads of money i think he would of had a much better car and i don't think he'd still be living with his mom. Just my opinion and yeah who gives a stuff about them bow ties they'll be tossed into Randy's room to gather dust with the rest of his personal effects.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well it was Kelle's OMG story ..what can i tell the fans to give them a WOW story...why should he say that he found the holy grail in the boot of his car...
My point is that you are assuming Kelle's story is fabricated, since you were not there when the car was moved. So if you're making up a story, why not say you found something more interesting than a bag of bowties? To me - and others may not feel as I do - that's not a "wow" at all. Bowties? Whoopie! Finding a manuscript of lessons he was writing, or a diary/log of lessons he'd been giving... that'd pique my interest.

I wouldn't call the Black Beauty a 'holy grail' either (that term is SO over used). The only really important guitar, in my opinion, is the white Les Paul, seconded by the polka-dot V. He created his life's work - lessons & music - on that Les Paul. All others are just tools of his trade.

Anyway, I get your point. I was exaggerating about the black Les Paul. It'd be worthless after 30 years in a car in Cali. It would have been a :shock: :shock: :shock: to find it there, though!! :D
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

What I heard is that besides the bowties they also found pro footage in Randy's car.... Randy left a message for those who would find it after 30 years. He hided this footage in his car because he didn't want people to hear it because his pedalboard made to much noise.... The familly wants to keep this quiet, so please be careful with this information out of respect for Randy and his family.

:mrgreen:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:What I heard is that besides the bowties they also found pro footage in Randy's car.... Randy left a message for those who would find it after 30 years. He hided this footage in his car because he didn't want people to hear it because his pedalboard made to much noise.... The familly wants to keep this quiet, so please be careful with this information out of respect for Randy and his family. :mrgreen:
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!!! WOW!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul your missing the point, Kelle is putting that info out for the interest of the fans. He's already talked about him he better not steel the spotlight too much. His conversation is drying up and his 'que' cards have ran out. What can i say.. OK they probably did move the car into the garage. After they got the man power to do it.. Jay said it was Kelle and Kathy's brother pushing a car with '4 flat tyres'. They stumbled across a bag full of bow ties...Jodi must have made him loads and left them in the boot. I just find it hard to believe that the car has never been looked at or opened in all this time. I was joking when i said why didn't they find the Holy Grail in the car as thats what Kelle is trying to say without sounding too over joyed. He is talking out of his ass... unless the bag of bow ties is seen in musonia by a fan or someone like Jay says yeah i seen those bow ties at the time... i took a photo etc. I'll say Kelle is knocking out the 'pork pies-white lies' to beef his interview up. Sometimes a little white lie isn't too bad to make the conversation interesting it would of been pure boring to say they'd just moved the car..
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:What I heard is that besides the bowties they also found pro footage in Randy's car.... Randy left a message for those who would find it after 30 years. He hided this footage in his car because he didn't want people to hear it because his pedalboard made to much noise.... The familly wants to keep this quiet, so please be careful with this information out of respect for Randy and his family. :mrgreen:
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!!! WOW!!
You're welcome sir!
btw another 'WOW' I forgot to tell you is that Ozzy & Randy had a huge fight about this because Ozzy couldn't hear any noise.... :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.