Randy fired Bob Daisley & Lee Kerslake ??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

BLIZZARD!! lol

i think everyone in the band felt like Randy was their best friend. he was just that kinda person that everyone wanted to be around. now it seems that most try to out do each other. One person who don't say much about it is Rudy but Randy was bound to be extremely close to him.

Josh
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

frank wrote:so uh, which do you prefer, blizzard or diary?
Actually I prefer Blizzard, mainly for the sound of the guitar. To me it is apparent that the Daiary album had the guitar run through the mixing board as opposed to Blizzard having the guitar running direct to the amp.

I also prefer the Blizzard songs. Like Revelation and I Don't Know they just sound fresher than anything on Diary...
Last edited by Paul Wolfe on Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

blizzard huh? okay, food for thought. i'll have to go back and give a fresh listen. (btw, you guys are soooo easily distracted.)
frank

Post by frank »

okay guys, my turn to weigh in. i went back and had a good listen. sorry. you're wrong. while blizzard is amazing, its also transitional. too much quiet riot influence in no bone movies and steal away the night. not that there's anything wrong with it, but randy was still finding his way. while diary may have been rushed, i believe it's a promise of things that may have come. tonight is exquisite. so much emotion. my personal favorite. diary is epic. it's not rock, it is in it's own category. you can't kill rock and roll with the total mick ronson outro is painfully delicious. i rest my case. :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I agree that the songwriting was great on the Diary record, it's the production I don't like as much as Blizzard. Diary isn't as raw or "live" sounding as Blizzard, and that is what effects my preference the most.

I also prefer the songs, as I mentioned before. Blizzard sounds, to me, more like what Randy would play. Maybe it's because of the Quiet Riot influence? Diary sounds more like he was writing "Ozzy" music in my opinion.

Not having Frank's personal insight makes my feeling on the subject much more speculative, but it is only my opinion.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

HOLD ON Before you's highjack the thread. :roll: Yes that means you :!: Frank and RockyRhoads i was saying that i didn't want to do another Best RR Guitar/ Blizzard v's Diary thread so could you do it at the appropriate thread Thank you
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hey GI you know something I was enjoying reading what Frank and Rocky were saying that much I hadn't realised it had gone off topic! :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's funny how some people can take a thread like a conversation that meanders in and out of the original topic and lots of interesting insights occur. Then other people can only see the negatives and get upset and talk in 'net lingo about "hijacking"...

Frank and I were taking the opportunity to carry on a conversation. Once you post your topic, it is no longer your thread, but it belongs to the board as a whole.

Besides, the subject of "Randy firing Bob and Lee" was discussed and brought to a conclusion - the answer is, only I know the truth, because I went back in time with my Delorean and asked Randy. I haven't told everyone what the true answer is, because it is more enjoyable to have conversations which arise naturally when people discuss things.

So if you really want to know if Randy had a hand in firing Bob and Lee, I will gladly sell you my Delorean - complete with time machine - for a mere $27,000,000.

In the meantime, I'll start a new thread since you did say "Thank You" (although please would have been more appropriate.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:Hey GI you know something I was enjoying reading what Frank and Rocky were saying that much I hadn't realised it had gone off topic! :)
Yeah Trigger i think Frank was having a joke with Rocky but its turned into a serious matter as Rocky has now done a "Blizzard V's Diary " thread :roll: :roll: Sorry Ian i'm having a serious conversation with you i'm not aloud to do that ,i better stick with the issue HA!!!
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:So if you really want to know if Randy had a hand in firing Bob and Lee, I will gladly sell you my Delorean - complete with time machine - for a mere $27,000,000.
Are you willing to throw in the cup holder or will I have to buy that separatly?
frank

Post by frank »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:HOLD ON Before you's highjack the thread. :roll: Yes that means you :!: Frank and RockyRhoads i was saying that i didn't want to do another Best RR Guitar/ Blizzard v's Diary thread so could you do it at the appropriate thread Thank you
:wink: yeah, i was having fun with it. dammit, you guys are too clever.