Vandelism In Wikipedia

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Vandelism In Wikipedia

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I have discovered why all Randy links are being systematically erased on Wikipedia. The person responsible goes under the name Anger 22. Before I show you his profile I want everyone to know upfront that he is a computer hacker from Canada. That being said I do not know what laws can be enforced if Wikipedia takes no action against him. Apparently someone got him very angry and he goes around all of Wikipedia censoring whomever he pleases. I have contacted Wikipedia and told them about the problem. If there is to be any truce then I strongly suggest no one leave a nasty message on his user page. This is why Randy's page is incomplete and without a photo. No matter how many times you edit the page Anger 22's hacker software kicks in and erases you immediately. Here is his profile:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User:Anger22
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Inbred pea-brains have attacked this User page 54 times
Which means I'm doing something right

NEED TO SPEAK TO ME...DO IT HERE
The RickK Anti-Vandalism Barnstar
I salute you for your excellent work combatting vandalism and your excepitonal civility and cool-headedness! Keep it up! AmiDaniel (Talk) 04:56, 5 May 2006 (UTC)

The Working Man's Barnstar
Thanks for everything you have done for WikiProject Guitarists, including recruiting other members! Aguerriero (talk) 03:24, 26 July 2006 (UTC)

The Original Barnstar
Thank you for keeping the Guitar Project going strong--Seadog.M.S

15 000 This user has over 15 000 edits on the English Wikipedia.

Warning to Vandals: This user is armed with VandalProof
vn-54 This user page has been vandalized 54 times.
This user comes from Canada.
This user graduated from the University of New Brunswick.
MEng This user has a Master of Engineering degree.
This user is a musician.
RUSH
This user knows how to get through the friction of the day.
This user's ancestors were members of The Anglican Church.
gtr-3 This user is an advanced guitarist.
This user doesn't think you can have too many guitars.
This user is a member of WikiProject Guitarists.

This user is a member of the Guitar equipment task force of WikiProject Guitarists.

Contents
[hide]

* 1 Who am I?
* 2 Why I'm Here?
o 2.1 The "Good" in Wikipedia
o 2.2 The "Bad" in Wikipedia
o 2.3 The "Ugly" in Wikipedia
* 3 My Interests
* 4 My Name

[edit] Who am I?

I am a semi-retired Engineer, part-time musician and full time husband and father. I own a successful consulting firm(that I try to avoid as much as possible) I split time between Nova Scotia and Ontario...depending on whether I'm working-or trying not to. My wife(of nearly 30 years) and I have 2 sons who are both school teachers.

[edit] Why I'm Here?

-Had been browsing and doing occasional anon edits(99% vandal rv's) for quite a long while.

-finally stepped in with a name in early 2006

I didn't think I'd have a great deal of time to spend doing major additions or overhauls to any articles...BUT...along the way I have managed to expand/wikify many (mostly Canadian) music related articles and have also been busy trying to contribute to the Wiki-Project Guitarists.

As always, I can spot vandals, POV purveyors, link spammers and Wikipedia Policy evaders from a great distance and have worked hard to keep their efforts meaningless.

also...

Death to: RED LINKS

I wish I had more time to eliminate the dreaded red link. Stub creation is a start...but 1 sentence does NOT an article make. Back-tracking and expanding has been a pet project as of late. It'll be a never ending process. I have been quite successful at spotting copyvio within Wikipedia. It's one thing to find and remove it. But leaving a blank article behind isn't satisfactory either. So far I have cleaned and re-built several articles that were cut/paste jobs...the last one being Tom Scholz. That, I expect, will be a never-ending process.

[edit] The "Good" in Wikipedia

* Anyone looking to see just how Wikipedia should work at its best...just go and review the Featured Article process that Rush went through. It was nice to observe a group of dedicated editors take, what was an excellent article to begin with, and build it into what I consider to be the best music articles on Wikipedia. To bad they all couldn't work that way!

* Also, Accolades to the efforts of everyone in the WikiProject-Canadian Military History Task Force!!!...a good job done by all!

[edit] The "Bad" in Wikipedia

The Cabal that's not supposed to exist in Wikipedia...but does anyway. Especially in some of the Wiki Projects related to Sports or Politics. You can get more bruises trying to edit a hockey/football article than you'd get actually playing the game. There's a lot of biting going on in those projects that will, hopefully, go away someday.

[edit] The "Ugly" in Wikipedia

Just review the number of Vandal RV's in my edit history and you'll see the worst part of Wikipedia. Over 2500 articles in my watchlist right now. I do my best.

[edit] My Interests

* Music (real music not Pop fluff)
* Engineering/Science (my chosen career)
* History ( because I am a trivia nut)
* Sports (mostly Hockey)
* Atlantic Canada (my region of choice)
* Countitus

[edit] My Name

Anger22 doesn't represent my disposition, nor is it my age. I am a rather content person with no time to get angry about anything. Also I have seen a lot more than 22 years since I was actually 22 years old. It's just a nick that I've had since I was in University. Trying to explain its meaning would require more time than I have...today anyways. Anger22 (Talk 2 22)
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I tried to add a pic twice and it was deleted both times. I had authorization from the photographer, even mentioned it, didn't help... The second time I released the pic to public domain as mentioned in the message I got, again deleted. :?
How they succeeded to add that 'tombe' picture there is a mystery to me...... :shock: It looks like the real vandale here is Wikipedia themselves.
I got this message two times:

Image:Randy_17_Wikipedia.jpg listed for deletion
Dear uploader: The media file you uploaded as Image:Randy_17_Wikipedia.jpg has been listed for speedy deletion because you selected a copyright license type implying some type of restricted use, such as for non-commercial use only, or for educational use only or for use on Wikipedia by permission. While it might seem reasonable to assume that such files can be freely used on Wikipedia, a non-profit website, this is in fact not the case. Please do not upload any more files with these restrictions on them, because content on Wikipedia needs to be compatible with the GNU Free Documentation License, which allows anyone to use it for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial.
If you created this media file and want to use it on Wikipedia, you may re-upload it, but use the license {{GFDL-self}} to license it under the GFDL, or {{cc-by-sa-2.5}} to license it under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license, or use {{PD-self}} to release it into the public domain.
If you did not create this media file but want to use it on Wikipedia, there are two ways to proceed. First, you may choose one of the fair use tags from this list if you believe one of those fair use rationales applies to this file. Second, you may want to contact the copyright holder and request that they make the media available under a free license.
If you have any questions please ask at Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. Thank you. Sherool (talk) 13:09, 12 November 2006 (UTC)

Are they for real or what? I'm no license expert.......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

How Tainted Is Wikipedia?

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

The best way to see if Wikipedia is truly corrupt is to upload one of our member's artwork drawings. If they delete that then you will know for sure that information is being unjustly censored. What I don't know is if one is forever identified as a "vandal" if they uploaded a copyrighted picture by accident or not really knowing what permission was needed to use it. If Wikipedia keeps a history of what you have uploaded then some kind of bias may be given towards you in all future editing...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How Tainted Is Wikipedia?

Post by Trigger »

[quote="RR-ElectricAngel"]The best way to see if Wikipedia is truly corrupt is to upload one of our member's artwork drawings. quote]

I am happy for you to use my drawing to check it out :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.