HEY FRIENDS.....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Isodee
Cool Member

Re: HEY FRIENDS.....

Post by Isodee »

^Thayer looks like Bruce Kulick in that pic! So they have different flags for different nationalities? Not worth 4000 bucks. :lol:
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

whats holding the book together barbed wire? : /
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Tito wrote:whats holding the book together barbed wire? : /
For that price, hopefully gold binding! That's ridiculous. But there is a cross section of KISS fans that will snap this up and not say squat about the price.

Mind you, the same fans would probably buy a kleenex that Gene Simmons blew his nose into.

It's all about how much you're willing to pay. Gene Simmons, regardless of what you think of him, is a master marketer. Same goes for Sharon Osbourne.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i gotta agree with you on that canuck!!!paul aint no dummy either...hes the quiet genius of kiss too!!!to tell you the truth i respect the hell out of paul n gene for their business sense!!!god blees them wow!!!
Glam Keef

Post by Glam Keef »

Just got an email from Amazon - they have refunded my money saying they can't obtain the RR book - here we go again!!!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Gene Simmons, regardless of what you think of him, is a master marketer. Same goes for Sharon Osbourne.
He's in the same league as the Sham-wow guy.Sells crap by the millions which is nothing to write home about.But i think that was the whole idea behind kiss-sell the 'show' not the music.Sorry,not a fan of the music and less so of the egos behind it.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Glam Keef wrote:Just got an email from Amazon - they have refunded my money saying they can't obtain the RR book - here we go again!!!
Go directly to the source: http://velocitybooks.org/
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

oth wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Gene Simmons, regardless of what you think of him, is a master marketer. Same goes for Sharon Osbourne.
He's in the same league as the Sham-wow guy.Sells crap by the millions which is nothing to write home about.But i think that was the whole idea behind kiss-sell the 'show' not the music.Sorry,not a fan of the music and less so of the egos behind it.
LOL!

You have me thinking about Gene and Sharon selling Sham-Wows! And using the song "Made for Loving You" into something like "wiping you" - people are looking at me crazy right now, because I'm cracking the eff up!
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Well lets do some math. $4299 apiece for the kiss book times 1000 = 4,299,000.00. Yeah thats over 4 million as long as they sell most of them...Thats gouging the fans not a $100 book...
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The KISS one is a joke... I'm sure they priced it like that just to see if anyone would bite, and the sheep always will. The RR book is gouging, in my opinion... I'm not spending anymore money on Randy stuff. The value just isn't there for me.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

oth wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
True, but as you say, the guy sold MILLIONS of them. As far as marketing and selling product goes, I'd say he's ahead of he curve on that, wouldn't you?

I agree that the music is mediocre and the egos behind it are solely concerned with money. But isn't that the aim of the music industry - to make money? We can all debate that it's to express creativity and get a point of view across, which are wonderful by-products, but the music industry has been concerned with making money since its beginning.

It's all in how well you can sell your brand. KISS has a successful and marketable brand - and so does Ozzy Osbourne.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Just a question - if this book was $50, would people buy it? The main concern seems to be money. Just curious.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Just a question - if this book was $50, would people buy it? The main concern seems to be money. Just curious.
I'd buy it even if it cost $500... It is something nice that I've been waiting a long time to see. In the early 80's I'd study every new picture or bit of info on Randy that would be printed in small run metal fanzines & even that shitty Hit Parader mag... I seem to recall that Guitar for the practicing musician would have the best stuff as well as guitar world & guitar player. I'm eager to read the book & I'm sure that there will be some mega cool pictures included. This will have to tide me over until the Margolis movie is ever released in my lifetime... Money is a factor for many people but for me I look at it as a treat or early Christmas gift... I freakin work hard enough so I deserve this.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Just a question - if this book was $50, would people buy it? The main concern seems to be money. Just curious.

I hope this project actually happens! Kelle Rhoads made some remarks in interviews during his time with Rhoads that he had a suspicion about hoaxes in the music industry- maybe he was on to something? There has been talk of docos, books, even a museum- but nothing happens. I'm not holding my breath on this book.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

You bet that price is the issue. $50 is way better and quite approchable for me. I can also ask many people for a $50 gift for birthday or christmas, while asking for a $100 gift is really pushing it past the line - I wouldnt even dare ask that.

I also agree that if it had the audio CD included that is heard on the trailer, that would be an extra worth paying extra for. But right now its not clear why it costs so damn much.