Well...The Trailer (Long Version) Should be soon

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Re: Well...The Trailer (Long Version) Should be soon

Post by Geo Sav »

I'm gonna take what I can get! Release the figgen thing!
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Rudy Sarzo comments on the new footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY2cVO5TSj0
Mozart82

Post by Mozart82 »

Cool! Thanks for posting the clip 8)
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

You can just see the emotion in Rudy's face watching the footage. How cool that he's going to be a part of it.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Wizard of ozz over at ozzfest.com had this to say about the DVD.

"You can watch the full concert (minus the time it takes the photographer who shot the footage to change the 8mm reels which were only 3 min long) as bonus content on the Blizzard/Diary box set dvd without any talking over it or anything. Just the straight concert!"

Sounds to me like we WILL NOT HAVE ANY COMPLETE SONGS. if the reels only ran 3 minutes each.

The new clip with Rudy is more what i am hoping for. His face while watching it is priceless!!!
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

axeman_12656 wrote:Wizard of ozz over at ozzfest.com had this to say about the DVD.

"You can watch the full concert (minus the time it takes the photographer who shot the footage to change the 8mm reels which were only 3 min long) as bonus content on the Blizzard/Diary box set dvd without any talking over it or anything. Just the straight concert!"

Sounds to me like we WILL NOT HAVE ANY COMPLETE SONGS. if the reels only ran 3 minutes each.

The new clip with Rudy is more what i am hoping for. His face while watching it is priceless!!!
Interesting as it says full show. How long were the reels again. I hope it does not interrupt new songs. The reels werent 3 mins surely. I think it means 3 mins to change a reel.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Axemeister wrote:
Interesting as it says full show. How long were the reels again. I hope it does not interrupt new songs. The reels werent 3 mins surely. I think it means 3 mins to change a reel.

Let's hope!

Someone posted earlier that this footage is gonna have people talking over it and so on. Let’s make this clear for those who don't know.

THE FOOTAGE IS UNCUT AND IN ITS ENTIRETY IN THE BONUS SECTION OF THE DVD.

IT DOES HOWEVER HAVE PEOPLE TALKING OVER THE FOOTAGE IN THE ACTUAL DOC ITSELF.

of course it will have splices as the 8MM film is being changed from time to time. I didn't mean to make it sound like an UNCUT performace.
Last edited by axeman_12656 on Wed May 04, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I wanna get my hands on this so bad.
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

Can't wait. Happy day. Any more word of the 1982 show?
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
jimiforrest

Post by jimiforrest »

Per Sharon, in a previous interview...the reels were 20 minutes long. The 3 minutes refers to the time it took to change the reels.
jimiforrest

Post by jimiforrest »

Just doing a little quick math...depending on whether or not they filmed the intro (Carmina Burrana). If the intro was filmed on the first tape, the tape would have been changed during Mr. Crowley. If the film started at the beginning of I Don't Know, the tape would be changed during Flying High Again. Next tape change would be roughly around the time of Tommy's drum solo. We know that No Bone Movies is included. So that would indicate another tape change during one of the Sabbath songs.

Math is based on the bootleg audio of this show and the lengths of each song. Of course this is all speculation. I'm hoping for the tape change to be on Flying High Again (don't start hating before you hear me out) as there is a rough spot in Randy's solo on that song right before it goes into the (descending) tapping sequence at the end of the solo. However, Randy killed on Crowley during that set.

This math also doesn't consider inclusion of any partial songs, if included.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

jimiforrest wrote:Per Sharon, in a previous interview...the reels were 20 minutes long. The 3 minutes refers to the time it took to change the reels.
Good call.. She did say that.

I for one couldn't be happier with how this concert looks. for a BOOTLEG what better quality could there possibly be? its DEAD CLOSE. Ozzy is right on top of the camara at one point. and it looks like while the camara focuses on Ozzy... we as fans are lucky that the camaraman was stage right allowing us to see Randy in the Background for much of the shot. If the student were on the other side of the stage I think we would have seen less Randy and more Rudy. That would kinda remind me of After Hours. lol (im sure we all share the displeasure of the Crazy Train solo kicking in and the shot immediatly switching to Rudy, then slowmo Ozzy. lol)
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

jimiforrest wrote:Per Sharon, in a previous interview...the reels were 20 minutes long. The 3 minutes refers to the time it took to change the reels.
Sorry Guys!

But a simple Google search reviled this fact about 8MM Film

"Common length film spools allowed filming of about 3 minutes to 4.5 minutes at 12, 15, 16 and 18 frames per second."
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Wizard of Ozz said their is a clip coming soon of Rudy watching the 81 footage with Blasko.

call me crazy.. I look forward to that. It's interesting to get the two of them together.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Wizard of Ozz said their is a clip coming soon of Rudy watching the 81 footage with Blasko.

call me crazy.. I look forward to that. It's interesting to get the two of them together.