Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

DMRX
Mass Poster

Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Post by DMRX »

Where was Siletn or B & W footage mentioned??
All I can think of is the supposed 2 Videos that were from the Brothers was to be Silent but I dunno if it was Color or not??
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Guys, this might be something...or not...Was going through some old stuff today and found that Ozzy said around the time that the '81 US tour finished that he'd like to make an underground film called 'Diary of a Madman', which would be about the realities of the rock lifestyle. We know that it never came out, but who knows, might be a clue that someone was at least filming behind the scenes and maybe something from front of house as well during the 'Diary' tour, like a video diary situation.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Right,We can only Imagine,Just So So many What ifs?????????
I'll have to Look but I have an article or two where hes talking About that.
Heres part of an AWSOME ASSED Interview from @/3 82 it was the Cover Story for,(I believe a UK Magazine of the day called RELIX) But Here He Talks Of doing a Double or Two albums at Once to be called "Killer of Giants" & "Bark atthe Moon"
So He Obviously had the Ideas for years & he even refers to himself as a "Rock & Roll Rebel" in the interview.
My Theory about this is Ozzy Owed Jet 3 albums or a Double record to Fufil his Contract w/Jet & Sharon wanted to "Take Over" So,either this was the Idea to fufill his obligations before the "Sabbath live album" was suggested.It is Rumored that when the word that Sabbath was Putting out a live album w/Dio singing Ozzys songs,Ozz would One-Up them & put out a live album w/Ozzy doing Sabbath song w/his Band before Sabbath Did.(I have a few articles in old Hit Paraders on both Sabbath & Ozzy about this before & after the albums were released) It was Sold by the Media as a Feud.There is also the theory of Ozzy wanting to recieve royalties on the Sabbath tunes to which he had been Screwed by bad Contreacts?
johnorlitta

Post by johnorlitta »

Thanks for posting that page DMRX. I had heard about this interview, and found it kinda funny that Ozzy says he "writes", then he says he "doesn't write, can't spell". I'm guessing he was just messing with the interviewers head. Would you be able to post the rest of the interview?
"Mother, please show the children
Before it's too late
To fight each other, there's no one winning
We must fight all the hate"
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

Just viewed the Documentary Trailer for the first time. I'm no Rhoads video expert, but given a pretty good idea of what does exist from seeing it and reading boards like this one thing hit me...I believe some of the "new footage" was included in the Documentary Trailer.

For instance, I'd never heard or seen any up-close, live footage of Randy playing the solo to Over The Mountain...that's got to be new, right? Is there any other snippets of live footage in the trailer that folks can't tie to already known RR video footage?
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Right,PM appearantly was able con aquire the "Master Tapes" from ET.(entertainment tonight) Which is awsome,I cant believe they still had those tapes in their vault or wherever! But that is All of the new footage that is Confirmed so far.Everything else in the trailer is out there already.I wish Some "Inside source" Would Just spill tha Damn Beans already w/what 2 shows Sharon was talking about at the Press Conference in June,right??
myhero

Post by myhero »

"Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?" yes.
johnorlitta

Post by johnorlitta »

I'm a firm believer that there has to be something stored away somewhere, that will eventually surface.
Before it's too late
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

johnorlitta wrote:I'm a firm believer that there has to be something stored away somewhere, that will eventually surface.
I agree. I think people are worried about legal issues more now than then. During or after Randy's untimely passing,stuff was hard to find yet,when the internet came into play,stuff started showing up. Now,more than ever people know whom or the name Ozzy alone could fetch a big buck but,upping it to the net could cost them big time. I am sure a member of a family has and passed on and are unsure of what to do with this said footage. I'm still on the hunt and I'm not worried about them (Osbourne clan). Ever trying to take blood from a stone? Fine me and send me to prison and I will come out with a legal degree,file a wrongfull suit against them on my own (I'm sure Bob and Lee would jump in on that) and I will go public - millionares file suit,send man to prison wrongfully. When and If I do (find footage),it goes to the Rhoads family - not the estate that Sharron claims to be part of. Part's will (of said footage) be magically upped to the internet without my knowing. :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I know that fears of legal puishment are keeping more audio from reaching us because this is something I have been involved with for many years before I ever popped up on the forums.
I do believe we will see and hear new video and audio but when I wouldnt like to guess?!?!?!

At least as fans we are in a different place to where we were shortly after the forums opened, back then the recieved opinon was that no video existed and that was what we were told to believe but now we are told YES video was recorded and the people who own that video are confirming it!
I only hope those who can agree just get on with it and act like grown ups because WE are giving them a living and they owe it to RR to keep his profile up and us fans for keeping the faith.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
johnorlitta

Post by johnorlitta »

I agree. I wish that all parties involved would get past all of the legal crap and show us some new audio/video of Randy. It's a long time coming and it's been more than a little bit frustrating to hear that "this one has this" and "this one will be coming out with this" but everything comes to a grinding halt because of legalities.
Before it's too late
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I can't help be get a little angry that the fan base has members who will now never see the Randy video after 30 years of dedicated following and promoting of Randy's legacy!
Everytime this subject pops into my mind or I read about it here I remember Dave (Wyldeone) who passed away in May as the news of the video being confirmed was gaing speed. This makes me depressed because he deserved to see this and in his time a a fan I can think of no good reason why they kept the fans so depleated of RR audio and video.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea. That footage better come soon for the price we'll be paying. I've been waiting 11 years for this
johnorlitta

Post by johnorlitta »

That could be why they've been holding out so long- they probably figure that if they make us wait for it long enough, we won't care about how much we'll pay to see or hear it. We'll pay premium cost, and they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
Before it's too late
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

johnorlitta wrote:That could be why they've been holding out so long- they probably figure that if they make us wait for it long enough, we won't care about how much we'll pay to see or hear it. We'll pay premium cost, and they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
Cant agree more with ya :twisted: