Day on the Green California photos + Randy's fav photo

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
therhoadlesstraveled wrote:How about Randy's favorite photo? I'm dying to see it
by Ross Halfin
this is currently my myspace background!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Great pic Sarab!

It looks he used the Roland RE 201 SPACE ECHO here:

More info: Roland RE 201 SPACE ECHO (choose Roland => RE-201 )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I wonder if he use to hire the echo units because he has said in an interview that he didn't always use them Live.Plus he has been seen with three different types in use.But he could of been experimenting with his sound which he was very paranoid about.
The Flying Dutchman

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I wonder if he use to hire the echo units because he has said in an interview that he didn't always use them Live.Plus he has been seen with three different types in use.But he could of been experimenting with his sound which he was very paranoid about.
I wonder too.

And remember the guitar seminar where he said he never used 'echoes' for lead! :shock:
With Ozzy he used echoes all the time! :P
(I smell some 'Ed %1#* talking' here! :wink: )

btw. those old tape echoes were not only used for the 'echo' effect, they were also great toneshapers.
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

At one time I owned a Roland Space echo,one of the coolest effects my dad brought home all kinds of cool gadgets like that . I would set for hours with that thing driving my mom crazy. The only bad thing about them they are rubber belt driven and that thing would come off and i would have to open the box up and put it back on ..I had used the hell out of it.
LoVe Life
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

randy used an echoplex extensively with quiet riot. it was a signature part of his solo at one point.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Phil Anderson has put more pics up on his site from the Ozzy Day on the Green gig and i heard a rumour that he may be making his photos available to buy so watch this space.Flying Dutch i have asked Phil in the past if he noticed any cameras filming the show on the day and he said NO! Sorry mate the search goes on for the lost footage....
The Flying Dutchman

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Phil Anderson has put more pics up on his site from the Ozzy Day on the Green gig and i heard a rumour that he may be making his photos available to buy so watch this space.Flying Dutch i have asked Phil in the past if he noticed any cameras filming the show on the day and he said NO! Sorry mate the search goes on for the lost footage....
Hey Shaun,
I asked Phil as well and he told me this:
Hello Patrick...

Thank you for writing. I just happened to be on when I got your email.
In regards to Day On The Greens (How did you happen to know about those? Especially since you are in Holland.)... Back then I really doubt they did much filming of any kind. There were no videos and they would have used film cameras for that. In any case, from what I recall, there were no cameras anywhere. It makes for a great rumor, but I am sorry to say that I really believe it did not happen.

However, I did happen to audio bootleg the concert and have a copy of that still handy. I may put it on CD eventually (when I can find it).

I hope that this has answered your questions.

Thanks,

Phil Anderson
I'm not sure if you noticed the thread about DOTG (which is removed now...) at the new board? My point was if it was filmed from distance most people wouldn't notice cams there.

Check out this vid, DOTG 79 AC/DC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpl8mybK3A
(who filmed this.....? )

Would you notice that camera if you were standing in front? In that stadium they could easily zoom in and make great footage without bothering any people in front or on stage. I have no evidence, but I'm not convinced yet that nothing was filmed. So the investigation about DOTG goes on.... :wink:
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

therhoadlesstraveled wrote:How about Randy's favorite photo? I'm dying to see it
by Ross Halfin
GOD that pedalboard is HUGE!!

What's that box to the left of it?
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

This happened to be one of the 2 shows I photographed Randy (Oakland, CA DOTG 07/04/81) - and the only one where I was able to do it "openly", unfortunately.

I've seen a couple of my pics used as avatars here and I'm sure that I'll see most of the ones I sold (in posts throughout the site), back when I had my ad in the Circus Magazine classifieds.

I will post what I have in the near future, since nobody has seen all of them, but me. :wink:

If you're a past customer of mine from way back, PM me and I might even remember your name, even though it's been forever ago.

Dave Johnson
Corvallis, OR
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:This happened to be one of the 2 shows I photographed Randy (Oakland, CA DOTG 07/04/81) - and the only one where I was able to do it "openly", unfortunately.

I've seen a couple of my pics used as avatars here and I'm sure that I'll see most of the ones I sold (in posts throughout the site), back when I had my ad in the Circus Magazine classifieds.

I will post what I have in the near future, since nobody has seen all of them, but me. :wink:

If you're a past customer of mine from way back, PM me and I might even remember your name, even though it's been forever ago.

Dave Johnson
Corvallis, OR
Good to see you here Dave, i have a few of your photos they have 1985 DJ Copyright wrote in the bottom corner. If you have anymore to share that would be great and welcome to UR. :wink:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

therhoadlesstraveled wrote:
by Ross Halfin
GOD that pedalboard is HUGE!!

What's that box to the left of it?
For having such a big pedal board, I can't really hear Randy using his pedals a whole lot. Maybe I just don't pay close enough attention (which is more than likely the case.)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:This happened to be one of the 2 shows I photographed Randy (Oakland, CA DOTG 07/04/81) - and the only one where I was able to do it "openly", unfortunately.

Dave Johnson
Corvallis, OR
Welcome to the site Dave, do you have any stories about when you took the shots of RR?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Dave Johnson
Corvallis, OR
Hi Dave,
There were/are some rumors this gig was maybe filmed.
Do you remember any camera crew that day?
btw welcome aboard! :wink:
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Trigger wrote:

Dave Johnson
Corvallis, OR
Welcome to the site Dave, do you have any stories about when you took the shots of RR?
Thanks. I'll post some thoughts about the day, when I post photos.