Did Jake Like Randy

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: Did Jake Like Randy

Post by sytharnia »

don't know what all to back and forth is about in this thread but jake has stated in an interview in GFTPM with warren demartini that he loved what randy was doing and when he died jake and warren were hanging out and had a drink for randy so the simple answer is yes jake liked randy as a player...but he hated getting randy thrown in his face on tour with ozzy
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

sytharnia wrote:don't know what all to back and forth is about in this thread but jake has stated in an interview in GFTPM with warren demartini that he loved what randy was doing and when he died jake and warren were hanging out and had a drink for randy so the simple answer is yes jake liked randy as a player...but he hated getting randy thrown in his face on tour with ozzy
I read the same thing. I think warren also helped him learn some of the songs.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Geo Sav wrote:
sytharnia wrote: I read the same thing. I think warren also helped him learn some of the songs.
Probably a favor from Warren since Jake got him the RATT gig :D
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

You may be right 8)
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Geo Sav wrote:You may be right 8)
I'm always right :twisted:
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

speaking of warren, this is awesome (well apart from that guitar looking so wrong on him....but at least it still sounds great)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InDLtCaZ ... r_embedded
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Cool stuff! Jamming with dweezil zappa. I guess frank zappa liked warrens playing from something I readin the past. Thanks for posting that.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Geo Sav wrote:Cool stuff! Jamming with dweezil zappa. I guess frank zappa liked warrens playing from something I readin the past. Thanks for posting that.
not sure if he was very aware of warren or not but warrens black performance guitar (cosair or something) came about because he got to play franks one and they pretty much made him the same thing
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

sytharnia wrote:
Geo Sav wrote:Cool stuff! Jamming with dweezil zappa. I guess frank zappa liked warrens playing from something I readin the past. Thanks for posting that.
not sure if he was very aware of warren or not but warrens black performance guitar (cosair or something) came about because he got to play franks one and they pretty much made him the same thing
I'm about 90% I read that in a guitar magazine back in the day with dweezil or frank himself. If I have the time I will try to find it.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

In the very first interview I ever saw with Jake, prior to the release of BATM, he said he thought Randy was the best guitar player he had heard post-Eddie. He was a fan, but he also took on the toughest slot anyone has ever had to, and its kinda like I heard Zakk say about it, "Randy Rhoads and Jake E. Lee is a hell of a legacy to live up to". I have always thought Jake did a great job of upholding the tremendous legacy of Randy, while building his own identity within Ozzy. Lots of interesting post, glad I made it back on here :)
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"