Hate To Ask This

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

fraroc

Re: Hate To Ask This

Post by fraroc »

JohnnyRoxx wrote:I saw Ozzy on New Year's Eve 1981-1982. The stage moves Rudy was doing looked great from where I was. It looks a lot different on this close up footage from NM (only shot a week later from the show I was at) because you don't get the FULL impact of seeing everything happen all at once - If you see the Irvine Meadows 1982 concert on DVD it looks pretty cool on there too. When I saw the Diary Tour with Randy it looked rather majestic seeing them all in front of the large castle, didn't look goofy at all. In fact, Rudy was a GOD on that stage... Just my thoughts.
I know, that's why theres no reason to hate Rudy. He's a very good bassist, been in many famous bands, and is one of the FEW celebs that I hold in high regard.

It's a total cliche that bassists don't have a stage presence and just stand there like a pile of bricks, not Rudy, he's either running around the stage or doing that hair wipping/bass flailing thing. Very animated player.

And now this whole argument about the footage with Randy. We have some Quiet Riot shows that were taped, After Hours, the amateur Palladium 81 footage the Amateur Chicago 82 footage, and now we have the "semi-proshot" Palladium 1981 and New Mexico 1982 prefs! so there is enough to get a feel of what he was like on stage!