Forgerys Fakes and Facsimile

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Thats is a Real Randy Autograph. I would buy it.. It amazes me how many Randy autographs you see where someone writes there name upside down in this case Ozzy.. But for $300.00 I would get it.. Thanks Dave
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: Anyone know anything about the paper it's wrote on ?
The band were in Rochester NY for a few days during the first week or so of the 'Blizzard' US tour, they recorded 4 songs for local TV on 28th April 1981 as well playing a show in Rochester the following night.
I have a radio add from Rochester local radio that lists where you can go and meet Ozzy and the boys and I am sure that this guitar centre was listed.
I think that this is preety likely to be from that first week and was before Randy was recognised as the musical genius he was.
This is a very nice peice of RR history. 8)

(PS, I didn't check the dates but you will find them in the audio section or Randy Perry's archive in the general section)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

yes that is a real one...they filmed after hours during this time and this is when this was signed...
300 is too high for a scrap paper sig and the guy has a reserve on it!
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Im sorry to say but I might have to sell one of my Randy autographs. I jusy wanted you guys to know first.. Its nit cheap! Thanks Wyldeone Dave
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

what's the details on it and how much? post a pic.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

romeorose wrote:what's the details on it and how much? post a pic.
Still Thinking on this one..
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Heres the RR auto I got recently this is the one I will be selling..
Later Dave
Attachments
HPIM2697.JPG
HPIM2697.JPG
HPIM2698.JPG
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

one more photo since I doubled one
Attachments
HPIM2695.JPG
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Heres another one
wyldeone
Cool Member

RR autograph

Post by wyldeone »

Lets try that again
I keep trying to add this attachment and its not letting me.. Please help!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm not too sure what to think about this RR signature as Bob Daisley's looks good. But the guy has other questionable signatures which makes me think it may be dodgy. ? Plus it is a little bit expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RANDY-RHOADS-SIGNED ... tsupported
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, I've made negative comments regarding the spending of money on autographs, so this time I'd like to ask a question.

Could someone explain the interest in collecting autographs that they did non receive themselves from the celebrity in question?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul you have a very annoying way of putting a discussion over by pissing on the fire before it has been lit. If it's not your thing why ask about it, OK. People collect RR autographs because you cannot get his in person anymore and for all the other dead celebrities who cannot be chased for signatures. To meet a famous rock band singer,guitarist celebrity in person is cool and it makes the gig a little bit extra special like an added bonus for the memory and night in question. Most bands are very paranoid about meeting fans after gigs and it can some times pay off to hang around backstage after a gig. Or finding out which hotel the band are stayng at and stalking them for that signature. So it is easy to say why collect signatures that are not presented in person. Because it can be hard to get up close to that celeb etc. Plenty people collect something like stamps, football cards, etc. But you cannot grasp the idea that if its not collected in person from the celeb that it's not justified to be worthy ?.Plus all the dead celebs signatures all always going to be more prized and alot more collectible. I must admit that i have some signatures that have been dedicated 'To John' ect ' and i wish that the dedication wasn't there. But a signature from your favourite band or guitarist is a cool item to have.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Paul you have a very annoying way of putting a discussion over by pissing on the fire before it has been lit. If it's not your thing why ask about it, OK. People collect RR autographs because you cannot get his in person anymore and for all the other dead celebrities who cannot be chased for signatures. To meet a famous rock band singer,guitarist celebrity in person is cool and it makes the gig a little bit extra special like an added bonus for the memory and night in question. Most bands are very paranoid about meeting fans after gigs and it can some times pay off to hang around backstage after a gig. Or finding out which hotel the band are stayng at and stalking them for that signature. So it is easy to say why collect signatures that are not presented in person. Because it can be hard to get up close to that celeb etc. Plenty people collect something like stamps, football cards, etc. But you cannot grasp the idea that if its not collected in person from the celeb that it's not justified to be worthy ?.Plus all the dead celebs signatures all always going to be more prized and alot more collectible. I must admit that i have some signatures that have been dedicated 'To John' ect ' and i wish that the dedication wasn't there. But a signature from your favourite band or guitarist is a cool item to have.
Well Put Idol!!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I'm not too sure what to think about this RR signature as Bob Daisley's looks good. But the guy has other questionable signatures which makes me think it may be dodgy. ? Plus it is a little bit expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RANDY-RHOADS-SIGNED ... 54a3QQitem
Z250455938211QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported
look at some of the samples provided in this thread and how to tell the fake from real...you should be able to figure it out then ...