rr custome guitars

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

the crush
Cool Member

Re: rr custome guitars

Post by the crush »

blues_n_cues wrote:
the crush wrote:has anyone here ever ordered a guitar from this company i wonder how the quality is they probably are pretty cheap and fret out but who knows i am have a custom polka dot v being built right now should be about another month and ill have it but its costing me 2 grand a local builder is doing it hes in my area mi. cant wait
looking forward to build pics... :D
yes i will be posting pixs for sure when its done getting some cool custom stuff done im getting the RR logo on 5th fret and some other cool custom stuff done to the guitar
check out my guitar playing here
http://www.reverbnation.com/sinsofamadman
check out my custom RR guitar
built by VonLinsowe Custom Guitars Facebook
check out my ozzy tribute band Sins of a Madman on FB or www.sins of a madman.com or on YouTube
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

In the early 2000's Fender bought Charvel and put out EVH models with the (3) diff paint jobs. I wanted one but didn't want to pay for the relicing or paint jobs. Why would one pay for rust? Fast forward to 2008-2010 Charvel/Fender releases the hotrod series. Made in the USA necks w/Duncan or Dimarzio pickups, Floyd Rose Trem bar, etc. They listed for $1,100 but you could find one used or in parts for $750ish. All in all they have Great necks, good pick-ups and bridge but rumours of quality control outsourcing to an Asian country (Vietnam) for Floyd rose work and inferior electronic controls (switches) cast a little shadow but they are worth it. The line (Charvel moved this line to Japan in 2010) went to Japan which is incompatible with the USA's neck/body. I bought 5 (USA) of them and eventually may sell and/or switch electronics but they made their pots huge!

So, yes you can buy a good guitar for a good price. I also built one Charvel with a German made Floyd and a rosewood fretboard (rare), re-creating a Japanese Strat I had as a teen. I would love a Concorde just like Randy's but I don't need the stripes/paint. Right before the USA Charvels appeared I said, "Why can't I get a guitar off the shelf with a Floyd and decent pick-ups and not have a huge bill?" The only problem is I tried one out at the HOG (House of guitars) and one of the posts for the fulcrum points for the whammy, was bent forward (off 90 degree angle). I wasn't gonna drop $1,100 for this piece o' crap. Now why can't I buy a neck-through-body RR Jackson with a Floyd (gold hardware) w/Duncans for a cool grand?

Also, Randy's Concorde had a blue stripes...
quinnsryche

Post by quinnsryche »

There is a guy on ebay selling RR polka dot customs for $700. Would someone please take a look and see what they think? Just type in Rhoads polka dot guitar and you'll find it easy. The guy is in Streamwood, Illinois. I live close by but can't afford it right now to even go take a look. Maybe if my house sells soon I can do it before we move.