Record Store Day - New Ozzy releases

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Record Store Day - New Ozzy releases

Post by Tito »

wow a pic from the palladium??MAN PLEASE ALREADY!!!!LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!the osbournes are really desperate!!!!!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Tito wrote:wow a pic from the palladium??MAN PLEASE ALREADY!!!!LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!the osbournes are really desperate!!!!!!!
Desperate it's beyond me, when they hype something up that big and put a stupid price on it, for a released limited edition. Then a few months later its out in separate packages. Ozzy may be getting old but they are going to make sure all his chips are cashed in before he's knocking on heavens door. Let the madness begin HA!!!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

How much are we talking for the single? Why are they putting it out now? Just a cashgrab, nothing new?
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

Price is 12.90€ here in Finland.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

They have a spokesperson talking about some of the releases. He was able to show the Believer single, but not the live album. Coming this weekend already! It will be interesting and a cool collectible to have a polka dot vinyl picture disc. Hope there is some great artwork for the live double LP.

Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Ozzy's official announcement with photos of the covers and track listing:

http://www.ozzy.com/us/news/two-special ... y-april-21

My only concern is if Ozzy is truly releasing these to commemorate Randy's passing after 30 years, there should be tons of Randy photos on these records. Does anyone agree? I'll find out tomorrow morning for sure.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

If it is for Randy, why ain't he on the cover? The believer live photo, I believe (no pun intended) had Randy next to Ozzy. Maybe they will put him on the back? Or is the polka-dot enough?
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

I was lucky enough to get them both, some other guys weren't. :|

They have a gig photos from Palladium(?) on the back.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I was lucky too! All the stores opened earlier than they said on the websites. I managed to get both the single, the 2lp live and the bag of free schwag.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

:mrgreen: :D :lol: :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:
Attachments
1RRRRR.JPG
1RRR.JPG
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Han is the Live album a gatefold sleeve. Whats on the inside of the cover. I see the O$bournes have $haron as executive producer. Well i suppose they'll save a few quid. All the record stores i tried in town didn't have the Ozzy single or the album on vinyl. Anyone in the UK have any joy finding them.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I'm being a little sheepish about opening the live album. They are sealed, the singles aren't. I may want it keep them sealed as I collect old Ozzy lp's sealed in my collection. Yes, it is a gatefold. If the pics turn out to be lame, I won't open them. Anyone know if the vinyl is colored?
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

hansolo wrote:I'm being a little sheepish about opening the live album. They are sealed, the singles aren't. I may want it keep them sealed as I collect old Ozzy lp's sealed in my collection. Yes, it is a gatefold. If the pics turn out to be lame, I won't open them. Anyone know if the vinyl is colored?
It's black vinyl. Gatefold has a full size Ozzy pic from the single cover.

EDIT: the records are in plastic sleeves so no artwork, lyrics or pics on them.
Last edited by Isodee on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

That's lame (artwork) but I had to collect it. It would killed me (mentally) if I didn't buy one, or pass it up or blew off the day. I didn't sleep well, either.

I picked up a Misfits "Walk among us" album for my friend. What's cool is there is only 3,000 made in the U.S & 1,500 purple vinyl international. The U.S. have 1,250 red vinyl, 1,250 blue and 500 clear. That makes it interesting.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Click on the thumbnails for a much larger size!

Believer is a 7" or 45rpm single with a polka dot picture disc inside.

The Live album is the same concert as box set, along with Goodbye to Romance Vocal/Guitar and RR solo.

Rhoads photos on back of both from same show by Mark Weiss. Inside of Live gatefold is just Ozzy across both panels. Same as Believer cover. If these were truly in dedication to Randy's 30th Anniversary there really should have been more pictures of him. Just my opinion, but they're great to have.

Covers

Believer Back

Live Back