A few pics, not all new but what the Hell

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Re: A few pics, not all new but what the Hell

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:Thanks GI 8) I have that book...well, sort of. Can you believe when I was a kid, I actually bought two and cut them up to add those pages to the scrapbook I have? After all these years, I think a couple of pages were lost over the years, as I started it in '82 and was finished with the bulk of it by '85.
Do you remember if Shinko did one on just Heavy Metal of the day in general?
I seem to remember one that had Ozzy, Priest, Maiden, UFO, Scorps. I remember most of these acts each had a volume of their own. I think AC/DC wound up with two.
Your memory has been giving a big jolt its all coming back to you now Eh! :wink: You are on the right lines. I have the collection of HM photo books they did individual books on Led Zep, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Ozzy and possibly Status Quo ?. Then they had a few books with various bands, one was titled 'HM Photo book - Heavy Metal in Japan'. This had loads of bands in it Rainbow Saxon Rush Kiss Y&T MSG Priest UFO Twisted Sister Aerosmith VH Def Leppard Gillan Thin Lizzy AC/DC Motley Crue Blackfoot + more. Then a very similar one entitled Metal Age this had other bands like WASP Iron Maiden ZZ Top Accept Lita Ford Journey Nightranger Motorhead + others. Then the last one which i think is very rare is the HM/USA book this had alot of Metal bands like Manowar Amored Saint BlacknBlue Queensryche WASP Quiet Riot + more. A great collection and i never get bored looking through them it brings back loads of memories of the 80's metal scene and days of going to see the same bands back at the time Oh! Happy Days :lol: :lol:
Ahh memories, I'm sure I also got most of the books you mentioned. I collected a lot of photobooks and tour programmes around in the mid 80's, I still love looking through 'em every now and then, reminiscing about the great gigs I've had the privilage of going to, and the good times in general.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll