Documentary Release Date?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Maybe I have been wrong, I thought this documentary was to be about Randy !, Maybe now, Chelsea Constable, ? Why don't we add in to the mix someone who has much more stage presence, Yuto Miyazawa and he can sing, Randy would have loved him !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75P509wAclw
estang74

Post by estang74 »

Rybones wrote:On the topic of Chelsea, let me start by saying I think highly of her playing. There is just some stuff I'm confused on.

She is endorsed by lots of music merchants. Is she sponsored because of playing cover stuff? I haven't seen anything original by her.

Make no mistake I'm in a cover band I'm def not saying that in a bad way. I was curious how you get endorsed by doing that. Aside from her Talent and being extremely pretty (Saw her at Rhoads memorial when filming began...shes quote pretty indeed) she is a solid player.
I just got out of the coverband thing after an 8 year run and I got buddies who are in coverbands who are endorsed. It all depends on how much you gig and if you gig regionally.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

RRfish wrote:Maybe I have been wrong, I thought this documentary was to be about Randy !, Maybe now, Chelsea Constable, ? Why don't we add in to the mix someone who has much more stage presence
well as many who read the forum know, we have said since day one only interview the people who knew Randy with the exception perhaps of those who had to fill his shoes in the Ozzy band.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Messenger

Post by The Messenger »

I agree..the only reason he interviewd me is because i was at Randys last show in Knoxville. He had told me at one time that he had to many interviews with more important people and that she would be put on the second "extra" dvd. But since me and her father had a fallen out he may put her on the main dvd now just to spite me and I dont care I hope she makes it.
The Messenger

Post by The Messenger »

keep an eye on this site...http://www.randyrhoadsfilm.com/
this site is owned and controlled by Dakota Pictures not Peter! as soon as the film is ready this sites lights will come on. Peter told me that Troy owned that site and it will not be messed with until the film comes out.

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about RANDYRHOADSFILM.COM AboutUs: RANDYRHOADSFILM.COM

Registrant:
Dakota Pictures
ATTN: RANDYRHOADSFILM.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA20172-0447

Domain Name: RANDYRHOADSFILM.COM

Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month!

Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your domain name.

Learn More

Administrative Contact :
Dakota Pictures
nn2ma8yy6j2@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Technical Contact :
Dakota Pictures
nn2ma8yy6j2@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA20172-0447
Phone: 570-708-8780

Record expires on 17-Jan-2013
Record created on 17-Jan-2007
Database last updated on 31-Dec-2008
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

When they say released do they mean actually released or done?

I though Peter said he was going to have to "shop" it around at sundance or whatever in september of whatever here he released it first, then he said it would take a few months after that to actually go to DVD
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I would imagine if the info was wrong or old, the link would be gone by now. I would guess the folks from this paper got the contact info for Dakota from Chelsea's people, perhaps?
Who knows, maybe Dakota decided to forego the festival circut, and are just putting it to DVD instead.
The Anvil doc got a lot of good press and gave them a lot of exposure. One would hope it would be the same for the Rhoads doc...on the other hand, Sundance's feeling could be: "Nah, we're all set with another metal doc...we just had Anvil."
Who knows?
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I went to the myspace from Peter and read this:
Tentative release date for the film is September, 2009
To me this is not a confirmation that it really will be released next month..... (maybe someone misunderstood?)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

That's what I'm wondering, Dutch. I am thinking where Constable is in their film, Dakota had to have seen the newspaper feature, therefore would have seen there was a misprint of when the film would be released, and had it changed.
Speculating in the dark.....
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

THats fine if the film is delayed because with all these pointless interviews with people who didn't know Randy I was going to email Peter and ask him to interview David Bowie. Bowie didn't know Randy but that doenst matter AND! Bowie is amazing, and I love him!

A delayed release might get my wish granted :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Just because Dakota said it will be released in September really means nothing. They had to give the newspaper something to print. If they'd said the film was to be released in 5 years, it'd take away from the article. Saying September 2009 is just as much a teaser as someone at Dakota giving Romeo access to a trailer and then causing a ruckus when it was posted online.

The more I look at this situation, the more I think Dakota is being calculated to spur interest. Unfortunately they are only spurring interest amongst the ranks of fans who would have seen the film anyway.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Trigger wrote:THats fine if the film is delayed because with all these pointless interviews with people who didn't know Randy I was going to email Peter and ask him to interview David Bowie. Bowie didn't know Randy but that doenst matter AND! Bowie is amazing, and I love him!

A delayed release might get my wish granted :wink:
Well, Bowie did play with Mick Ronson...so that's not entirely out of left field, right?

While we're at it, let's go ahead and interview The Edge from U2 because he also plays an all white Les Paul Custom on occasion. Come to think of it, so do I! Where's my interview?!
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Why not interview David Cassidy? He played guitar in the '70's and his guitar had strings on it and he's a guy... three things he's got in common with Randy Rhoads!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

What about Segovia! :lol:

Or Neil Armstrong! (he was also a human like Randy! :P )
Last edited by The Flying Dutchman on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:What about Segovia! :lol:
Kinda dead isn't he? It might be hard to get him to talk :lol: