How many real fans do you think Randy Rhoads really has?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: How many real fans do you think Randy Rhoads really has?

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I'm a fan but thank fuck i'm not a fan who has a RR room and eats his dinner from a Randy plate and drinks from his RR mug and spends half his life talking to his family and friends about RR. Do you get me !!..
I'm with you 100% on that. However, you did say you get sick of the discussions already here, so why not have a poll about something else? It's a discussion, and without discussions this place dies. Maybe we should have a thread about things people want to talk about... I know RR autographs wouldn't be on my list.
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:In 30 years time you could be bang into hard core rave music. But you'll never forget who RR is.
Especially if you had an official t-shrt.

Funny how you claim to NOT be obsessive, yet aren't you the one selling overpriced autographs and presenting yourself as an authority on collectibles?

You're right, a poll is trivial, but if it gets kids talking about Randy, then it's good. I've been a fan for 30+ years, so I know about liking something for a long time. You, sir, are old and condescending towards young people. I've apologized in the past for being acerbic, but you want everyone to think you are such an authority and then you talk down to the one kid here who is trying to learn all he can about the guy you call your 'idol'.

Ian & Skezza found better things to do and all the other old timers walked away from this place. Now you an Stiltzkin seem to think you are the kings of the hill. I was here before you, and less than a month after Stiltzkin. For that matter, this place was barely 6 weeks old when I was asked to join. So, Shawn, get off your fucking high horse. Go sell your crap on eBay and quit lying at Ultimate Rhoads.

Oh, and Stiltzkin, I realize this isn't directly related to RR, so you might want to move it. :wink:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote: I'm with you 100% on that. However, you did say you get sick of the discussions already here, so why not have a poll about something else? It's a discussion, and without discussions this place dies. Maybe we should have a thread about things people want to talk about... I know RR autographs wouldn't be on my list.
Yeah to keep the place active we need to discuss topics, but hopefully keeping them fresh and not dull, old repetitive stuff that has just resurfaced in a new thread. Thats why i told the newbie Nickolas to go through the archives to bring up anything he finds interesting. I've got all the time in the world for young kids who want to learn. So why do you think i'm here to be the king pin or are you still upset after the last skirmish with your mate Frank. OK you like talking about guitar theory i like talking about RR collectibles including buying autographs. It's my hobby. I buy and sell Rock memorabilia. Check out the 'Forgeries Fakes & Facsimiles' thread. It was started up by Joe on my request and look how popular its been. I've stopped many person being stung by rip off merchents and fans that come here have actually bought items from me. They've ended up owning something from RR in the shape of his signature. It's probably the only thing of any value you could own that came from Randy's own hand. I don't want to bore you about it as it ain't your thing.
Paul Wolfe wrote: Funny how you claim to NOT be obsessive, yet aren't you the one selling overpriced autographs and presenting yourself as an authority on collectibles?
How does that make me an obsessive, do i have a RR room ? do i buy everything that has his image printed on it ?. No and no.. i collect Rock/ HM memorabilia not just RR related i have collectible items from all the 70's 80's to present day artists. I've got some knowledge on collectibles, but i'm no expert.
Paul Wolfe wrote: You're right, a poll is trivial, but if it gets kids talking about Randy, then it's good. I've been a fan for 30+ years, so I know about liking something for a long time. You, sir, are old and condescending towards young people. I've apologized in the past for being acerbic, but you want everyone to think you are such an authority and then you talk down to the one kid here who is trying to learn all he can about the guy you call your 'idol'.
Who's talking down to the lad ?, i'm explaining to him how the thread is 'not going where he thinks it's going'. well saying that you've come along and started your hissy fit AGAIN...do you need Frank for back up or shall i just 'agree to disagree'. Acerbic my arse your just shit stirring Paul and trying to return the argument we had the other week. I couldn't give a toss how it goes but your adamant your going to have the last word.
Paul Wolfe wrote: Ian & Skezza found better things to do and all the other old timers walked away from this place. Now you an Stiltzkin seem to think you are the kings of the hill. I was here before you, and less than a month after Stiltzkin. For that matter, this place was barely 6 weeks old when I was asked to join. So, Shawn, get off your fucking high horse. Go sell your crap on eBay and quit lying at Ultimate Rhoads.
Ian is now a moderator over at the Rhoadies FB page. He's probably sick of your persistent BS. But he's probably full of work and he's just moved into a new house and the guy is a mate of mine. Joe (skezza) is a very good friend of mine and he probably couldn't give a toss if this site fell on its arse tomorrow. He was here when the site went down and revamped the look of the place and hasn't been active here for a long time. 'By the way Joe Happy birthday dude'.
So i now have to walk in your shadow.. yeah ok sorry Sir.. hang on a moment can you give me a hand down, this fkn horse is way too high.
I don't sell crap mate, its all quality, ask the guys on here who've bought stuff from me. All my auctions have started at low affordable prices i cannot predict how much the auctions end at. Remember the competitions i had here years ago i supplied all the prizes for free. That's me trying to do something good for the fans here. I'm lying ??? when do i ever do such... Hang on a minute i'll throw that out to every member here, not you ok. Am i a liar ?.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Like I said I don't like we're this is going

Somehow I knew This was gonna end in a brawl :(
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Who says this site is dying? At this point, they are turning up here to watch the battle of words and wits. Gotta keep these ratings high...
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

My RR mug just fell out of my hands and I spilled wine all over my RR underoos. They are ruined! It was the blue underoos with the polka-dot vest and tie size 3X. Why do I get up and drink so heavily?
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

hansolo wrote:Why do I get up and drink so heavily?
So you do not go on a killing spree, taking out politicians and the mentally damaged physcos.
RRForever

Post by RRForever »

Peace to all. Just good fun :)

I can't afford to have a Randy Rhoads room. That does sound kind of cool, though. Always wanted to go to the Musonia :)
RRForever

Post by RRForever »

I saw that Rhoadies Facebook page. Awesome.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

shawn wrote:
So you do not go on a killing spree, taking out politicians and the mentally damaged physcos.
I only have plastic Star Wars guns. A few stormtroopers rifles and about 5 Han Solo pistols. I'm coming out with my hands up! :oops:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

hansolo wrote:
shawn wrote:
I only have plastic Star Wars guns. A few stormtroopers rifles and about 5 Han Solo pistols. I'm coming out with my hands up! :oops:
Don't forget your army of bionic Steve Austin figures. The Six Million $$$Dollar man they'll start a one-sided war ;-)
RRForever

Post by RRForever »

hansolo wrote:
shawn wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

hansolo wrote:
shawn wrote:
Five Han Solo pistols, you definitely will shoot first.
RRforeveRR

Post by RRforeveRR »

I'd have to say that the bickering, for some reason, led me to a quick ebay search for RR related items and I snatched up a 94 page BOO band book in good-excellent condition, for a very reasonable price today (: I don't know if it's common or rare, but I do know that I'm like a kid at Christmas time since I've won that auction. I'll definitely share in the memorabilia corner once I receive it.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

jake e lee.com has more members than here and TK combined....now that surprised me
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RRforeveRR wrote:I'd have to say that the bickering, for some reason, led me to a quick ebay search for RR related items and I snatched up a 94 page BOO band book in good-excellent condition, for a very reasonable price today (: I don't know if it's common or rare, but I do know that I'm like a kid at Christmas time since I've won that auction. I'll definitely share in the memorabilia corner once I receive it.
Is that the HM photo book, i'm going on the number of pages. Not many books have come out about the band. I only know of about 4 that have been released since the 80's to present day. Well at least the bickering prompted you to buy a cool item ;-)