palladium footage?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

estang74

Re: palladium footage?

Post by estang74 »

Sorry buddy, i read your post wrong. I do think it's worth more than 10-20k though. 1000 sales at 10 bucks a pop is 10k. You would have to think they could move 5000 to 10,000 and they would probably charge 14.99 to 19.99
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Its all about the bottom line, huh?
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

chilinvilin wrote:
fortress wrote:ok guys.. we speak, we speak blablab Sharon wont allow this blablabla

If that footage cost only 15 000 20 000 or even 100k, why the hell the randy community dont buy it?? Start a web page and ask randy Fans to give donation and when we have the amount, (even if it takes years) buy the damn footage.. Enough of waiting.. The footage is there so the community should do something.. DO IT
No fucking way would we be able to buy and then hand out or sell copies legally!
I didnt talk about selling the movie after purchasing it.. Give a copie to people who did give money to buy it that's it.

ITs not Sharon Business if someone got a copy of something and they sell it to us...
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

I was 5th row for that Capital Theater show April 24, 1981, I would love to see that footage. I had seen Blizzard of Ozz several times, and the Capital show was the best.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

leftyaxeman wrote:I was 5th row for that Capital Theater show April 24, 1981, I would love to see that footage. I had seen Blizzard of Ozz several times, and the Capital show was the best.

I am back

If you we're 5th row at the capital theater then you could clear this up for us

Looking back at the old capital footage there was a camera next the the guitarist next to the person on bass a person in front of the singer and last a person way in the back

DO YOU REMBERE ANY CAMERAS
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile.

Wish I could tell you I saw cameras at the show, but I wasn't looking for them and I was quite stoned. Motorhead the opening act was feeding back horribly killing everyone's ears. Myself and a few friends, after a couple of tunes, escaped to the lobby to save our hearing and caught a serious buzz. We went back to our 5th row seats at the start of the Blizzard of Ozz set. It was my 1st time seeing Blizzard of Ozz. As a guitarist, I was mesmerized watching Randy, it was a guitar lesson for me. I was totally focused on watching Randy perform, it was quite an eye & ear opener for me, to say the least.

What stuck me as strange was Rudy, he looked so out of place, I mean he was wearing a red jumpsuit & knee high white patent leather boots. He looked like he should have been singing back up for Tina Turner, not bassist in Ozzy's band, lol. Boy, was I missing Bob Daisley!! I was a fan of Tommy Aldridge already from his playing with Pat Travers Band.

I had attended several shows at the Capital Theater, Robin Trower, Rush, Zappa, Blizzard, etc and do remember seeing the camera in the back, but don't recall noticing a camera for Blizzard, I'm sorry to say, but that doesn't mean the show wasn't recorded, just the memory is hazy from time.

Nine days later I caught both sets of Blizzard of Ozz at the Palladium in NYC.

Sorry I couldn't clear things up. It was one of the best shows I've ever witnessed.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Well thanks for the response

I have heard that back in the day Motörhead was the loudest band ever for real

Don't worry will find the treasure of all treasures some day
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

It says in the 30 years after the blizzard doc. that the footage is courtesy of George de Soto or George de Sota i dont remember for sure.
I went ahead and rode the white horse
randy will never die
Mass Poster

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:It says in the 30 years after the blizzard doc. that the footage is courtesy of George de Soto or George de Sota i dont remember for sure.
According to this he was a FILM STUDENT

http://www.jayfan.com/Metal/Ozzy-Osbour ... 136_3.html