Quiet Riot Movie

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Quiet Riot Movie

Post by Tito »

just watched the documentary..it was beautiful!!!!you guys are gonna love it!!!!!!gotta party like a rock star in a bit so im waiting to read the book...i skimmed through it and its just amazing some of the pics i seen in it!!!well happy holidays guys be safe and keep rockin!!!!!!!
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Still waiting for my copy - UPS has been dickin me around, changing delivery dates & times on almost an hourly basis when ever I check progress via the tracking number. Was promised it would arrive by 5pm Xmas Eve - but alas - nothing. Gonna be a loooonnngggg wait for thursday or friday. :(
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Speechless, simply speechless! Best Christmas ever. Something every Randy Rhoads should see or own! Kudos to Ron Sobol and a new found appreciation for Peter M. Unbelievable job!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

+1 mitch!!!
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Peppermint Patty wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Peppermint Patty wrote:
Did you order the book and DVD? I'd rather you delightfully curl up with them and discover for yourself rather than hear from me or anyone else on this forum. I will say this. Sobol, as a film student, was friends with Kevin since '72. When he met Randy and the band formed, Sobol was hardly ever without a camera. As there was seemingly no public interest in Randy during the Quiet Riot years, oodles of boxes of the chronicles of the band stayed in the back of the closet. You do the math. The 30-year mark of Randy's death, coupled with the documentary being axed, was a perfect time for this little treasure to be released. If you haven't already ordered it, do it. You will LOVE it!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

PP
Thanks, PP! I did indeed order the book and DVD; can't wait to see what cool stuff is therein. Like I said before, the QR years, for me, are much less interesting than the Ozzy years, but this truly seems to be a package that no Randy fan should be without!

Thanks, and Merry Christmas! :)
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Tito wrote:just watched the documentary..it was beautiful!!!!you guys are gonna love it!!!!!!gotta party like a rock star in a bit so im waiting to read the book...i skimmed through it and its just amazing some of the pics i seen in it!!!well happy holidays guys be safe and keep rockin!!!!!!!
Awesome, Tito! Enjoy the holidays, man! Let us know what you think of the book when you get into it! I'm curious!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

thank you canuck!!!enjoy the holidays!!!to be honest i felt the same at first about the early years but after seeing the documentary i was glad i got it..it gives a really good insight to randy as a human bieng..it was very touching to say the least!!!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I just opened it and my jaw dropped. I didn't think it would be that big and so nice. They way they used to do books. I can't wait to watch the DVD. Ron autographed it to me and I think he threw in 2 "outtakes" (extra cover) which I thought were posters but it looked like an introduction by Kevin's sister too. Not sure. I haven't compared, I just thumbed through it quick and thought I will be checking this out a lot. I feel like a kid on Christmas after getting a new toy that you want to play with! Again, too bad the Ozzy years couldn't be told (for the same old reason) to make it a complete story but I think it was a great salvage. Peters footage + Ron Sobol photographs/movies. We're expecting a storm tonight and I'm not going anywhere. I'll start a thread for the spoilers.
rzbk777

Post by rzbk777 »

hansolo wrote:I just opened it and my jaw dropped. I didn't think it would be that big and so nice. They way they used to do books. I can't wait to watch the DVD. Ron autographed it to me and I think he threw in 2 "outtakes" (extra cover) which I thought were posters but it looked like an introduction by Kevin's sister too. Not sure. I haven't compared, I just thumbed through it quick and thought I will be checking this out a lot. I feel like a kid on Christmas after getting a new toy that you want to play with! Again, too bad the Ozzy years couldn't be told (for the same old reason) to make it a complete story but I think it was a great salvage. Peters footage + Ron Sobol photographs/movies. We're expecting a storm tonight and I'm not going anywhere. I'll start a thread for the spoilers.

Ron did the same for me, he seems like a great guy!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Waiting on mine!!! I dropped the ball and should have ordered it sooner!
leftyaxeman

Post by leftyaxeman »

Just got mine!!! Amazing!!! My wife purchased for me for Christmas. Just getting a chance to look at it now...
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Think Im going to get it since you all gave it a thumbs up..
BayRagni

Post by BayRagni »

I interviewed Ron Sobol last night for my radio show Totally Driven Radio

It is on the main page here for rest of the day, and I will post the archive link when I get it, so everyone can hear.

It was an almost 30 min interview, so much I wanted to ask, and so much I naturally remembered after I let him go

But was a fun conversation

http://www.vocnation.com/
BayRagni

Post by BayRagni »

Here is the permalink to hear the Ron Sobol interview

http://1wrestlingradio.podomatic.com/en ... 6_26-08_00
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

This just arrived yesterday at my door, but I haven't had a chance to have an in depth look at it yet. Looks pretty great from what I've seen so far, though. Really nice work! It's been a great last year to be a Randy fan!