Quiet Riot Movie

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

alborg
Cool Member

Re: Quiet Riot Movie

Post by alborg »

My copy arrived today!! Fan-fuckin'-tastic. What an awesome tribute to the QR Randy years.
Between this and the recently released Velocity book we finally have a fitting tribute to Randy's legacy. I can't wait for the weekend to devour the book & DVD properly. Ron signed the book to me as the very 1st order. Had a quick look at the DVD as I couldn't resist & it's amazing. Makes me think how great Peter's documentary would have been if everything worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

Very professionally done & any Randy fan would love this.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

alborg wrote:My copy arrived today!! Fan-fuckin'-tastic. What an awesome tribute to the QR Randy years.
Between this and the recently released Velocity book we finally have a fitting tribute to Randy's legacy. I can't wait for the weekend to devour the book & DVD properly. Ron signed the book to me as the very 1st order. Had a quick look at the DVD as I couldn't resist & it's amazing. Makes me think how great Peter's documentary would have been if everything worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

Very professionally done & any Randy fan would love this.
LUCKY VERRY FIRST COPY OF THE BOOK AND MOVIE
rzbk777

Post by rzbk777 »

I'm waiting for my copy, I didn't get a tracking # so I missed UPS today, but I won't miss them tomorrow!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I gotta get it! WTF was I thinking?!?!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Got mine yesterday(east coast). It was quickly snatched up by the wife and wrapped for Christmas along with the Randy photo book. I'm sure it's going to be worth it, but man it's going to be a long 4 days!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Just did a quick flip-thru, (stellar packing job, btw!), I'm off to the living room for the forseeable future...the quality is on par with the Velocity tome.
Congratulations to Ron and the rest of the folks involved! It's cool that someone finally stepped up and produced something that all fans can enjoy! 8)
~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
rzbk777

Post by rzbk777 »

I just got mine after work today, I've only flipped through the book and it looks great. I watched the DVD and it was amazing, I loved it. I haven't watched all the bonus footage yet, but hearing one of his guitar lessons was a dream come true.
Peppermint Patty

Post by Peppermint Patty »

rzbk777 wrote: ... but hearing one of his guitar lessons was a dream come true.
I got mine two days ago and stayed up all night combing through everything. All I can say is, wow! And, the bonus section is just that. To think that this is only a fraction of Sobol's arsenal ...

Not to mention Long Beach and prohibition of everything Randy, according to Sharon. All friends Randy should have been there. No wonder ...
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

I read that the Doc includes the (post QR/Ozzy years) And the review also said Ozzy was interviewed is that true?
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Ordered mine the other day. It sounds like a great companion piece to their other book. Though the QR years interest me far less than the Ozzy years, this sounds like a goldmine of Randy info, and well worth owning.

Kudos again to these guys for creating another fantastic Randy product. Too bad the Rhoads family didn't get behind this....though I'm sure we don't know the whole story, and can't see the whole picture. I'm just happy for what we've gotten so far.

It's been a great year to be a Randy fan! :)
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Peppermint Patty wrote:
rzbk777 wrote: ... but hearing one of his guitar lessons was a dream come true.
I got mine two days ago and stayed up all night combing through everything. All I can say is, wow! And, the bonus section is just that. To think that this is only a fraction of Sobol's arsenal ...

Not to mention Long Beach and prohibition of everything Randy, according to Sharon. All friends Randy should have been there. No wonder ...
PP, can you elaborate further on "this is only a fraction of Sobol's arsenal"? Is there a bunch of other stuff that he has? I hadn't heard this before. Thanks.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

mine will be here on xmas eve how sweet is that?!i want to give a special thank you to peter margolis for doing this..its too bad the rhoads family have sat around eating shit instead of trying a bit more to further randy's legacy.oh and ill bet sharon o had a hand in the original doc getting shelved too!!either way this is gonna be awesome!no bullshit with family, pissed off ex members, and lawsuits etc.we finally have a 2 books and a documentary on randy!may not be what we always wanted but its better than what we have so far..so thank you peter,ron sobol,andrew klein,rudy sarzo and everybody that participated in this book and documentary!!!!!cant wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!
Last edited by Tito on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Tito wrote:mine will be here on xmas eve how sweet is that?!i want to give a special thank you to peter margolis for doing this..its too bad the rhoads family have sat around eating shit instead of trying a bit more to further randy's legacy.oh and ill bet sharon o had a hand in the original doc getting shelved too!!either way this is gonna be awesome!no bullshit with family, pissed off ex members, and lawsuits etc.we finally have a 2 books and a documentary on randy!may not be what we always wanted but its better than what we have so far..so thank you peter,rob sobol,andrew klein,rudy sarzo and everybody that participated in this book and documentary!!!!!cant wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!
+1. The best stuff that has been released yet...
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

Kudos Tito! Mine arrived here today (Christmas eve in Aus), I've had a quick flick through the book but will get into everything when I have the time to sit down for a few hours and take it all in. I'm glad at least material like this is still getting released and Randy's legacy is still alive and he's appreciated for the artist that he is.

It's my belief that as long as people are passionate enough and willing to take the time to create these releases it may spur on others to release what they have one day, however much material is out there.
Peppermint Patty

Post by Peppermint Patty »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Peppermint Patty wrote:
rzbk777 wrote:PP, can you elaborate further on "this is only a fraction of Sobol's arsenal"? Is there a bunch of other stuff that he has? I hadn't heard this before. Thanks.
Did you order the book and DVD? I'd rather you delightfully curl up with them and discover for yourself rather than hear from me or anyone else on this forum. I will say this. Sobol, as a film student, was friends with Kevin since '72. When he met Randy and the band formed, Sobol was hardly ever without a camera. As there was seemingly no public interest in Randy during the Quiet Riot years, oodles of boxes of the chronicles of the band stayed in the back of the closet. You do the math. The 30-year mark of Randy's death, coupled with the documentary being axed, was a perfect time for this little treasure to be released. If you haven't already ordered it, do it. You will LOVE it!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

PP