Weird topic RR dreams

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Weird topic RR dreams

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, I didn't have a dream involving Randy, but I woke up in the middle of the night and immediately thought of this thread.

I went to bed about 10:30 PM and woke up at 12:24 AM overwhelmed with fear. My heart was racing like something absolutely terrible had happened. I checked the house, all doors and windows were locked and everyone (wife, kids & dog) were sleeping soundly. No signs of any problems. I checked outside and all was normal as well.

What was I dreaming of? No clue. I simple woke up panicked.

And then I thought of this thread and wished I'd had a dream with Randy teaching me guitar! I went back to sleep and dreamt of helping the guys on American Pickers, which is what I was watching before going to bed.

Weird.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Really weird indeed Paul! You probably had a nightmare while being into a deep sleep. These dreams you do not remember. I heard people only remember dreams when they were in a light sleep. Usually at the end of their sleep.

Sometimes I have periods that I have certain repeating dreams.
Some of them really scared the sh*t out of me: for example I am alone in a room at home sitting on a couch and when I leave that room and then come back the couch is suddenly moved while nobody was there.... I get a little panic, tell others but of course they don't believe me. Then I realize I must be in a dream but somehow I can't wake up :!: , very scary! When I finally wake up from that dream it is a BIG relief! pffff.... :P
Mmm it's 23:05 pm here, so enough of this creepy dream stuff..., have a good night! :wink: :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Really weird indeed Paul! You probably had a nightmare while being into a deep sleep. These dreams you do not remember. I heard people only remember dreams when they were in a light sleep. Usually at the end of their sleep.

Sometimes I have periods that I have certain repeating dreams.
Some of them really scared the sh*t out of me: for example I am alone in a room at home sitting on a couch and when I leave that room and then come back the couch is suddenly moved while nobody was there.... I get a little panic, tell others but of course they don't believe me. Then I realize I must be in a dream but somehow I can't wake up :!: , very scary! When I finally wake up from that dream it is a BIG relief! pffff.... :P
Mmm it's 23:05 pm here, so enough of this creepy dream stuff..., have a good night! :wink: :)
hay dutchman have you heard of lucid dreaming its were you can controll your dream and do whatever you want but you have to be able to relize your in a dream before you can controll it
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The other creepy dream I had a while back involved my dad walking into the kitchen for a birthday party and me telling him he shouldn't be there talking to me because he died nearly two years ago.

Since then I've had a dream or two just having a conversation with my dad. I chalk that up to missing him and wishing he was still here to talk to. It'll be two years on November 26th. It was the day after Thanksgiving 2010.

I've had a Randy dream as well... just him giving me advice on a guitar subject I'd been working on, like arpeggios...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

randy will never die wrote:hay dutchman have you heard of lucid dreaming its were you can controll your dream and do whatever you want but you have to be able to relize your in a dream before you can controll it
Never heard of that, but it's sounds very interesting!

Paul, you probably right about your dad and the reason of that dream.
Thinking about the Randy dream I had in which he survived the crash. I think it must have been a combination of reading those autopsy reports and visiting Leesburg and my mind took a freewheel with that information....
btw very cool you had a private guitar lesson from Randy! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:The other creepy dream I had a while back involved my dad walking into the kitchen for a birthday party and me telling him he shouldn't be there talking to me because he died nearly two years ago.

Since then I've had a dream or two just having a conversation with my dad. I chalk that up to missing him and wishing he was still here to talk to. It'll be two years on November 26th. It was the day after Thanksgiving 2010.
Dreams like these are cool and sad at the same time. My parents turn up in my dreams alot and i'm asking them where have they been. As if they have been away on a long holiday. I think its just us trying to keep those memories fresh and never to forget them.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:The other creepy dream I had a while back involved my dad walking into the kitchen for a birthday party and me telling him he shouldn't be there talking to me because he died nearly two years ago.

Dreams like these are cool and sad at the same time. My parents turn up in my dreams alot and i'm asking them where have they been. As if they have been away on a long holiday. I think its just us trying to keep those memories fresh and never to forget them.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

makes me thankfull my mom is still alive
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

"hay dutchman have you heard of lucid dreaming its were you can controll your dream and do whatever you want but you have to be able to relize your in a dream before you can control it"

I have had a few lucid dreams where I realize "this is a dream" and I'm awake-waking in my dreams. I realize I'm dreaming which means I can do anything but I usually don't know what to do or how to do it. Most dreams, I'm just a passenger or a theatre goer watching and reacting but sometimes I just realize that it's not real. For instance, I was having a dream and everything is always slightly different, like your home is never exactly the same as in real life. Like an alternative universe.

I get the Randy survives the crash dreams and the parents. I think it is a deep want and somehow your mind manufactures it. My first girlfriend moved away (we had only gone out for six months) when I was a teenager. We never saw each other again but I used to have dreams like "that never happened" type of dreams and you wake up in this false sense of security and realize it was all BS.

I have many re-occurring dreams like walking through the woods by a stream, in a large houses with many rooms almost like a fun house going through them with a haunted theme sometimes. I have many dreams of parties or celebrations too.

The weirdest dream into reality was when I stayed at my grandmothers and watched her dog (they went down south - funeral) for a weekend. I dreamt something bad happened to the dog and woke up to the sound of my little cousin yelling the dogs name. I looked outside and my cousin, uncle and the dog were outside in the back. I sighed with relief and went downstairs for a milk and turned on the TV. Five minutes later there was a knock on the door and someone had ran the dog over. That was a horrible day.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I meant awake-walking!
randy will never die
Mass Poster

trust me i have many lucide dreams and they are the best thing that has happined to me besides finding this site

if you can please try this go on youtube and type lucide dream and go in the controll panell and click on longer than 20 mins i recomend you do this at the time you go to bed but you can do this during the day

listening to this for like 15 mins with a dark room and eyes closed will make you verry tried

AND YOU HAVE TO USE EARPHONES OR EARBUDS

THESE ARE HOUR THINGS MAKE SURE YOUR ARE LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO SLEEP

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... clk=long/a

but there are things on youtube called binauralbeats and they do any thing from making you smart for an hour to taking away pain even have an orgasim yes thats right i said orgasim go 2 this site and read more about this
http://www.i-doser.com/faq.htm
http://www.i-doser.com/about.html

YES IT IS SAFE I DO IT ALL THE TIME
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's orgasm or an organism if its a life form. I had to laugh ;-)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

randy will never die wrote:there are things on youtube called binauralbeats and they do any thing from making you smart for an hour to taking away pain even have an orgasim yes thats right i said orgasim go 2 this site and read more about this

When I was in extreme pain from my back injuries I researched this hypnosis stuff you are referring to and it didn't work even slightly. I'm sure some people who want it to work can get themselves to believe it works, but from personal experience I have found it to be nothing more than noise.

Using meditation techniques you can reduce pain and do other things that "binaural beats" supposedly induce. The reason is that while meditating you are focusing your brain away from your pain so you don't notice it as much. The pain isn't 'gone' you just don't notice it as much.
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

LOL I knew I should not have brought this topic up!
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Paul Wolfe wrote:
randy will never die wrote:there are things on youtube called binauralbeats and they do any thing from making you smart for an hour to taking away pain even have an orgasim yes thats right i said orgasim go 2 this site and read more about this

When I was in extreme pain from my back injuries I researched this hypnosis stuff you are referring to and it didn't work even slightly. I'm sure some people who want it to work can get themselves to believe it works, but from personal experience I have found it to be nothing more than noise.

Using meditation techniques you can reduce pain and do other things that "binaural beats" supposedly induce. The reason is that while meditating you are focusing your brain away from your pain so you don't notice it as much. The pain isn't 'gone' you just don't notice it as much.
paul it only works for small things like headeacs and stuff
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

hey ginger and caffeine are really good for headaches and stuff!!!!!for me sex is the best headache reliever!!!!!!!