Randy Rhoads - The Quiet Riot Years

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

alborg
Cool Member

Randy Rhoads - The Quiet Riot Years

Post by alborg »

http://www.redmatchproductions.com/

Expensive to ship to Australia but I'm still going to order it. The DVD preview looks like it's the Quiet Riot parts of the shelved documentary?...
Last edited by alborg on Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads - The Quiet Riot Years

Post by randy will never die »

DAM EVERYTHING IS STARTING TO POP UP NOW IF A LITTLE MORE FOOTAGE POPED UP I THINK WE WOULD BE GRATEFULL FOR 20 MORE YEARS

IS IT ME OR DOES ANYONE THINK ITS WEIRD THAT PETERS NAME IS ONT THE TOP OF THE PRODUCTION LIST
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Another Andrew Klein money-grab.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

how white is randy's les paul in that pic from their first show :shock: awesome
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

sytharnia wrote:how white is randy's les paul in that pic from their first show :shock: awesome
Well, it started out as 'Alpine White' so it's probably pretty new ;)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

randy will never die wrote:DAM EVERYTHING IS STARTING TO POP UP NOW IF A LITTLE MORE FOOTAGE POPPED UP I THINK WE WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR 20 MORE YEARS

Don't count on it. A few years ago three full Quiet Riot shows surfaced and it just intensified the WE WANT MORE chant. Then we got the footage from Ozzy's Box Set and it just intensified the chant again.

RR fans are like Gene Simmons with money, there is never enough.
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

Has anyone else noticed that the DVD includes a guitar lesson with RR? Interesting, it seems the documentary material is being put to use.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Stiltzkin wrote:
sytharnia wrote:how white is randy's les paul in that pic from their first show :shock: awesome
Well, it started out as 'Alpine White' so it's probably pretty new ;)
thanks for the mr holmes

:P
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Don't count on it. A few years ago three full Quiet Riot shows surfaced and it just intensified the WE WANT MORE chant. Then we got the footage from Ozzy's Box Set and it just intensified the chant again.

RR fans are like Gene Simmons with money, there is never enough.
I feel the same way; the after hours footage is great and has great camera angles... Other fragments are cool. But I thought people would be more excited with the anniversairy footage than they actually were.

69$ for QR related material to me is steeper than the recent 100$ book (guess I'm not that interested in QR?). It does have a DVD :?
I got the feeling they are trying to squeeze too much out of Randy's time with QR, anyone else? Aside from the solo RR did during the QR period I don't really care that much about the songs. I guess you really had to follow them / be there at that time.
Telling how great Randy was during the QR time to me is like the intro to the story how great he really became afterwards...
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

Look at the rhoads famiily they will only ok what brings in the dough..bottom line..
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Tito wrote:Look at the rhoads famiily they will only ok what brings in the dough..bottom line..
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

to be honest squeezing money out of randys name is wrong and i am not just talkin about randy i mean jimmy hendrix dimebag bon scot ect... making money off of a dead stars is wrong no matter who you are

they should relese this stuff out of memory of the falling hero but i guss everything is about money theis days
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I'm just glad that some cool stuff is getting released. Especially looking forward to watching the DVD & hearing the RR lesson.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I have to agree about what has been released by the family. I didn't but I know a few of you bought the wine and I'm guess even fewer of you bought the $13,000 guitar. I remember people going, yeah I'm gonna buy the wine and its great that the family is putting "something" out. They could put out a book with photos. Did they? They could of put out some recordings, seek permission or even listen to tapes but they could of gotten involved with what and what isn't out there. Bottom line is I'm buying this, I bought the boxset and I bought the vinyl live show, the polka-dot singles and flying high again singles but had to say no to the wine because the artist on the bottle had nothing to do with the product or visa versa. At least these guys were at the scene and did something, worked for Quiet Riot and took pictures. Now they are cashing in with a memoir book 35 years later, wow, but can you taste the nepotism in the wine?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stewie wrote:69$ for QR related material to me is steeper than the recent 100$ book (guess I'm not that interested in QR?). It does have a DVD :?
I got the feeling they are trying to squeeze too much out of Randy's time with QR... I guess you really had to follow them / be there at that time...
See, I'm the opposite, Stew. I would rather delve into the Quiet Riot years. To me it's the development stage that is interesting. The time in Quiet Riot made him what he was. That was his introduction to being a rock star and developed his attitude towards the lifestyle.

Were the songs as good as the Ozzy years? Depends on your point of view. I like the '70's glam period, so I like the Quiet Riot stuff. The Ozzy stuff bores me because I've been hearing it for 30 years.

Another thing with the Quiet Riot days is that there is a larger pool to get information from. His Ozzy days are relegated to what Ozzy and Rudy say... no one else who was there is talking, or has been gagged.

If and when I have funds again, I'd like to get this package. I hope it's still available when I can afford it.