Great new interview about the new Randy book

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Re: Great new interview about the new Randy book

Post by whoopiecat »

That is a negative on the Pete interview, Dutch, though he is in there. :)

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Silver Rhoads wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:I got a UPS email saying this would be delivered next week! Looking forward to getting this!

Those that have it - any new info/really interesting stuff they've included?
There is so much in this book it would be difficult to mention here. I don't want to ruin it for those that are still waiting.

It took me two hours just to go through and view all of the pictures first. I am now reading it. Yes, there's plenty of new interviews/comments from all of those that were very close to him, like Lori Hollen and Jodi to name a couple. Once you look at the book, I think you would agree in saying that Randy really deserves this kind of quality. It really is like the Kisstory book in a way. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm glad it has surpassed my expectations. I'm really happy about this. It's a great Friday!

On a side note, I also received the new KISS Destroyer Resurrected. It sounds great. Sorry for the digression.

If you want me to spill the beans on some photos, that is up to you guys, but it's probably best to wait until it's in your hands.
Thanks, Silver Rhoads! With this and the Iron Maiden Eddie Head CD set I bought, this is gonna be a GREAT next couple of weeks music and memorabilia wise! :)
Iron Maiden Eddie Head CD set? I'll have to look into that. Read the entire beginning with all of Quiet Riot last night. Started on the Ozzy years this morning. It's reads perfectly and very detailed. Laughed my ass off at some of Randy's practical jokes I haven't heard about before. Photos are still amazing. I feel like a big kid enjoying a great Christmas gift. I don't know if it was ever mentioned, but the books weighs a little over 7 pounds. I guess that is 3.175 in kilograms.

EDIT: OK, just saw what the Eddie head boxed set is about. I'm glad I have many of the remasters. Didn't realize how rare that thing was.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Spill the beans if you could!

Maybe it would be best to start another thread with in the title stating something like that. Sadly, i won't be purchasing the book.

Thanks
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm surprised that Pete Merton's interview didn't get any mention in the book. I'm sure he would of had alot to bring to the docu and the book. I'd like a sneak preview of the book as i've just found out it's on me Christmas list thanks to me bro. If someone could start a separate thread up with a spoiler title. That's for everyone who'd rather wait until they get a copy. Any contributions would be great to see ...
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Well, when I said, "spill the beans" about the photos, I meant talk a little about what's in the book. There is no way to scan something of this size and weight. It's really bulky. There is a photograph on twitter of a two-pager, but it has reflections on it and it's warped looking from of course taking a photo of an open book. So, that wouldn't work either.

A new thread could be started to mention what's inside. People could avoid it if they don't want or like spoilers.

I haven't finished reading the whole book, so I can't comment on all of the text just yet. I'm halfway, but I did look at all of the photos first.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well i can guarantee the books contents will be photographed scanned or whatever means it takes to talk about the book. I'm looking forward to seeing this as i was put off with the idea of it being sold in book form. Then released as the dvd, which could still happen. I said in another thread that the contents in the book will be the same as the dvd but it will not be $100 for the dvd. I photograph most of the pics i post up on here so its easily done.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well i can guarantee the books contents will be photographed scanned or whatever means it takes to talk about the book. I'm looking forward to seeing this as i was put off with the idea of it being sold in book form. Then released as the dvd, which could still happen. I said in another thread that the contents in the book will be the same as the dvd but it will not be $100 for the dvd. I photograph most of the pics i post up on here so its easily done.
Please do not take this the wrong way. I believe that having the contents scanned & uploaded would affect sales & would be an infringement of copyright? Also, I wouldn't want to flatten my book to scan it after paying so much for it. I'm glad that the book is finally out there & hope that it's success somehow leads to the documentary being released as well. I'd gladly pay whatever it costs for the DVD too as realistically what else do we have that celebrates his legacy apart from his too few recordings? A spoiler with peoples descriptions should be enough & if people want more then it's up to them to decide to buy the book or not. Again, I must stress this is not a personal attack but just my thoughts on the matter.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

It's definitely too big and heavy to scan. If you guys want to take photos of the pages, that's up to you. I don't have a problem with it, but the publishing company may. They have some clear restrictions about that in the book. It always has to say that and it does say "without permission". Maybe you could ask them first and say it is just to show some samples. They may Okay it.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Silver Rhoads wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:
Silver Rhoads wrote: There is so much in this book it would be difficult to mention here. I don't want to ruin it for those that are still waiting.

It took me two hours just to go through and view all of the pictures first. I am now reading it. Yes, there's plenty of new interviews/comments from all of those that were very close to him, like Lori Hollen and Jodi to name a couple. Once you look at the book, I think you would agree in saying that Randy really deserves this kind of quality. It really is like the Kisstory book in a way. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm glad it has surpassed my expectations. I'm really happy about this. It's a great Friday!

On a side note, I also received the new KISS Destroyer Resurrected. It sounds great. Sorry for the digression.

If you want me to spill the beans on some photos, that is up to you guys, but it's probably best to wait until it's in your hands.
Thanks, Silver Rhoads! With this and the Iron Maiden Eddie Head CD set I bought, this is gonna be a GREAT next couple of weeks music and memorabilia wise! :)
Iron Maiden Eddie Head CD set? I'll have to look into that. Read the entire beginning with all of Quiet Riot last night. Started on the Ozzy years this morning. It's reads perfectly and very detailed. Laughed my ass off at some of Randy's practical jokes I haven't heard about before. Photos are still amazing. I feel like a big kid enjoying a great Christmas gift. I don't know if it was ever mentioned, but the books weighs a little over 7 pounds. I guess that is 3.175 in kilograms.

EDIT: OK, just saw what the Eddie head boxed set is about. I'm glad I have many of the remasters. Didn't realize how rare that thing was.
Yeah, I'm a big Maiden fan, and I got an opportunity to buy the Eddie Head set recently. I snapped it up, as the bloody thing is getting harder and harder to find, and is one of the coolest rock collectibles I've ever seen. I've wanted to get it for a while, and finally secured one!
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Silver Rhoads wrote:It's definitely too big and heavy to scan. If you guys want to take photos of the pages, that's up to you. I don't have a problem with it, but the publishing company may. They have some clear restrictions about that in the book. It always has to say that and it does say "without permission". Maybe you could ask them first and say it is just to show some samples. They may Okay it.
I'm guessing no...copyright and all that?
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Silver Rhoads wrote:It's definitely too big and heavy to scan. If you guys want to take photos of the pages, that's up to you. I don't have a problem with it, but the publishing company may. They have some clear restrictions about that in the book. It always has to say that and it does say "without permission". Maybe you could ask them first and say it is just to show some samples. They may Okay it.
That is exactly what I meant in my post. I would assume that the publishers would be keeping an eye out on the RR sites looking out for any copyright infringements so that they can follow them up & maybe cause trouble with the site owners? I know that there were problems with the KISS sites when pictures from the Lydia Criss book were uploaded. That is why I suggested to post in a spoiler thread so people on the fence can make up their minds if they want to buy the book or not.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Can someone tell me the weight / dimensions of the book? Shipping to Belgium has an estimate of 60$.. This makes the book cost me 160$ which is quite steep... Has anyone in Europe ordered it already?

From what I read everyone seems very positive about this book.. Great :)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

whoopiecat wrote:That is a negative on the Pete interview, Dutch, though he is in there. :)

~T.
Too bad, but thnx! :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Stewie wrote:Can someone tell me the weight / dimensions of the book? Shipping to Belgium has an estimate of 60$.. This makes the book cost me 160$ which is quite steep... Has anyone in Europe ordered it already?

Mine cost $160 to Australia. I think that is a standard shipping cost for out of the USA?
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

alborg wrote:
Stewie wrote:Can someone tell me the weight / dimensions of the book? Shipping to Belgium has an estimate of 60$.. This makes the book cost me 160$ which is quite steep... Has anyone in Europe ordered it already?

Mine cost $160 to Australia. I think that is a standard shipping cost for out of the USA?
Yep. I live in Canada, and it's STILL that much. I'm not sure if it is the standard shipping cost or not, as they are shipping by UPS, which is significantly faster than regular mail, which moves at a snail's pace at times. I'm happy to spend a few extra $$$ if it means the book arrives quicker, and in good shape. UPS is very reputable. In fact, when I got my confirmation email, I immediately thought better of the publishers - clearly they cared enough to make sure their customers got what they paid for, and there was thought and care put into it....which bodes well for the book itself.