Great new interview about the new Randy book

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

Re: Great new interview about the new Randy book

Post by hansolo »

Wow. Take it easy on Guitar Idol. I know he can handle it but remember, fanny in in England means pus but in America it means ass. Guitar Idol (forgive my spelling) is quite a knowledgeable member here. I sassed off to him ONCE. ONCE, BUT I QUICKLY LEARNED HE KNOWS HIS SHIZNIT. We all need to keep a sense of humor here. Believe me, I said some condemning thing here but I kept explaining it was all in fun, eventually people saw the humor and I made some knocks at myself. Loosen up, my friend. If I make it to Europe, you can bet I'd like to meet Idol and buy him a pint or two. He attended a BOO UK show in '80! So, relax. It's okay. Do we not all love Randy here? Don't be so defensive. I knocked Kiss a bit. I saw them in original make-up for my first concert. I hd a few albums too. But I give Ace credit for leaving at the right time and after that tour it was "unmasked". I was a big fan. BTW Vinnie Vincent had an early Jackson RR proto-type when I saw them in '83.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

BTW Vinnie Vincent had an early Jackson RR proto-type when I saw them in '83.

heard about that but from what i have heard around the interne it was oringilly for randy but he turned it down and it was givin to vinnie

keep in mind this is a story that i have heard around the web so i could be wrong and i am not a 100% on the story

And if i am wrong i am sorry
:)
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

hansolo wrote:And I'm 15 come November!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5746&start=195
hansolo wrote: BTW Vinnie Vincent had an early Jackson RR proto-type when I saw them in '83.
You sly time traveller you.
hansolo wrote: I saw them in original make-up for my first concert. I hd a few albums too. But I give Ace credit for leaving at the right time and after that tour it was "unmasked".
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

hansolo wrote:Wow. Take it easy on Guitar Idol. I know he can handle it but remember, fanny in in England means pus but in America it means ass. Guitar Idol (forgive my spelling) is quite a knowledgeable member here. I sassed off to him ONCE. ONCE, BUT I QUICKLY LEARNED HE KNOWS HIS SHIZNIT.
Joe thanks for the support, but it's no big deal to defend my spelling. Let them mock, its all down to being politically correct these days and being drunk and typing are not my speciality. I know my 'Shiznit' and that's all that matters :wink:
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Wow!
UPS delivered the book a short time ago, and I've only flipped through it and I am absolutely floored! :shock:
My thanks, gentlemen...this was very well done, I appreciate all of the heart and work that was put into it.
Words fail as of now, but in short, I feel like it's '84 and I'm a junior in High School again. :twisted:
Kick-ass, through and through, for sure...it has to be seen. 8)
If you're a serious fan, it'd be somewhat silly to not own this fantastic piece of work!
Ripoff? Not even in the slightest...
Thanks and congrats to you, Peter!
Off to begin the reading, which should bring me to suppertime! :lol:

~Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Received my book this morning! Just spent about 2 hours just looking at the photos before reading it. More rare photos than I could have hoped for!

Words can never express how great this book is! It's like early Christmas! Fantastic and a wonderful job! I'm just friggin' stunned! I had to personally thank those involved with the book. Simply amazing!

FINALLY, Randy gets QUALITY treatment!
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

I got a UPS email saying this would be delivered next week! Looking forward to getting this!

Those that have it - any new info/really interesting stuff they've included?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I literally just stopped at pg. 200 for dinner, and the majority of the photos are new to me, as is a decent amount of text. (and I'm 44.)
Very well done, I would be suprised if this didn't exceed the expectations of any Randy fan.
The pictures of Randy's gear are outstanding...great to see the Les Paul after all these years...ditto for the Black Jackson. :D
You have every reason to look forward to receiving this book! 8)

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

CANT WAIT TO GET IT!!!!THANKS TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:I got a UPS email saying this would be delivered next week! Looking forward to getting this!

There is so much in this book it would be difficult to mention here. I don't want to ruin it for those that are still waiting.

It took me two hours just to go through and view all of the pictures first. I am now reading it. Yes, there's plenty of new interviews/comments from all of those that were very close to him, like Lori Hollen and Jodi to name a couple. Once you look at the book, I think you would agree in saying that Randy really deserves this kind of quality. It really is like the Kisstory book in a way. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm glad it has surpassed my expectations. I'm really happy about this. It's a great Friday!

On a side note, I also received the new KISS Destroyer Resurrected. It sounds great. Sorry for the digression.

If you want me to spill the beans on some photos, that is up to you guys, but it's probably best to wait until it's in your hands.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

All I can say is that this is an awesome book!!! The quality of construction and materials is exceptional and worth every penny spent, hats off to Peter and the rest of the people who put this book together. I have just spent two hours looking at the pictures and have not read much of the text yet. Highly recommended to any Randy fan.
Regards, Funk
FUNK49
rzbk777

Post by rzbk777 »

I am 37 and have been a die hard Randy fan since my early teens, he is the reason I play guitar myself. UPS says mine will be here on Monday and I am like a kid waiting to open Christmas presents! :D :mrgreen:
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

The international orders have shipped. I am expecting my copy to arrive next Wednesday. I am taking the day off work to make sure it arrives safely & start to read it... I'm sure I'll love it.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Silver Rhoads wrote:
CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:I got a UPS email saying this would be delivered next week! Looking forward to getting this!

There is so much in this book it would be difficult to mention here. I don't want to ruin it for those that are still waiting.

It took me two hours just to go through and view all of the pictures first. I am now reading it. Yes, there's plenty of new interviews/comments from all of those that were very close to him, like Lori Hollen and Jodi to name a couple. Once you look at the book, I think you would agree in saying that Randy really deserves this kind of quality. It really is like the Kisstory book in a way. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm glad it has surpassed my expectations. I'm really happy about this. It's a great Friday!

On a side note, I also received the new KISS Destroyer Resurrected. It sounds great. Sorry for the digression.

If you want me to spill the beans on some photos, that is up to you guys, but it's probably best to wait until it's in your hands.
Thanks, Silver Rhoads! With this and the Iron Maiden Eddie Head CD set I bought, this is gonna be a GREAT next couple of weeks music and memorabilia wise! :)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

whoopiecat wrote:I literally just stopped at pg. 200 for dinner, and the majority of the photos are new to me, as is a decent amount of text. (and I'm 44.)
Very well done, I would be suprised if this didn't exceed the expectations of any Randy fan.
The pictures of Randy's gear are outstanding...great to see the Les Paul after all these years...ditto for the Black Jackson. :D
You have every reason to look forward to receiving this book! 8)

~T.
Oke, sounds very promising! 8)
Is there an interview with "Pete Mertons" in it as well?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.