Randy Rhoads Documentary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary

Post by dannyahansen »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
I live in a small town just south of Olympia, WA. Twenty years ago there was a kid in a small town near here who had the same issues/complaints as you. He started a band and was called 'average' and a 'follower' by the other musicians in the area. He kept doing what he wanted and changed the world with one song.

You can do that, too.

Check your PMs
Oh cool. So did you know Kurt? It is just a guess that is who you are talking about?

Anyway my school experience is just like yours and this other fellows. It is what it is. Everyone thinks, at the time, that no one knows what they are going through and that their experience is unique.

I was one of the few people at my school who even knew who Randy Rhoads was and who listened to Ozzy. Most people at the time were into Smashing Pumpkins and Green Day and Nirvana.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Yeah, I was talking about Kurt... I didn't 'know' him like a friend, just enough to recognize one another at a party or bar and say hello.

He wasn't any different than most people, he was average at his instrument and simply figured out how to play catchy licks. He had heroes in the local scene he wanted to be like and then became more famous than any of them! He was definitely of the 'you don't understand my generation' type.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:He was definitely of the 'you don't understand my generation' type.
he defined his generation.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

dannyahansen wrote: Anyway my school experience is just like yours and this other fellows. It is what it is. Everyone thinks, at the time, that no one knows what they are going through and that their experience is unique.
That's the beauty of the human experience- it is rather subjective. I don't know about anyone else but I would hate to be a member of this generation- without the proper guidance and encouragement, many of these young people will grow up emulating the shit they see perpetuated in the media- and think it's ok.

Could you imagine waking up one morning to find a video of your activities last night on youtube- and it's gone viral? Or if normal teenage bickering suddenly turned the whole social media scene against you- and people were posting all kinds of crazy shit about you for the rest of the world to see, all over the place? Technology came with some pretty serious consequences for these kids.

This kid sees something in Randy and wants to pay homage to that and I think it's cool that Randy is still out there, and RWND isn't the only person on the board that I've seen say that Randy was a huge influence, if not a role model as they were growing up.

But he does need to work on grammar, I thought that sometimes his posts brought a tear to my eye- but it was blood! ;)
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Yeah, I was talking about Kurt... I didn't 'know' him like a friend, just enough to recognize one another at a party or bar and say hello.

He wasn't any different than most people, he was average at his instrument and simply figured out how to play catchy licks. He had heroes in the local scene he wanted to be like and then became more famous than any of them! He was definitely of the 'you don't understand my generation' type.
That is pretty cool to be that close to that stuff. Even though Kurt's music drives me nuts he was innovative and his story is an interesting one and he was did define a whole generation by his music.
FTLOSM

Post by FTLOSM »

So has anyone heard anything new about that documentary?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

FTLOSM wrote:So has anyone heard anything new about that documentary?
nope, and I doubt anyone will ;) 8)
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

randy will never die wrote:no effence to anyone but untill someone has the balls to talk to peter personally about the move and tell him how inportant it is to all of us we wont see it for problly 20+ years i could be rong on this but it is the sad truth i am verry sorry i am only 16 and my long life dream is to see the last remaning footage of randy pro shoot

my other long life dream is to be like randy not onlly a rock/classical musican but to be a good person in life i would give it ALL away just to see randy pro shoot not talkin about the after hours footage \

THANK YOU :( :( :| :( :(
agreed man. i'm 16 too and i wanna see this footage so badly!
I went ahead and rode the white horse
LongRhoadsAhead
Cool Member

Post by LongRhoadsAhead »

LongRhoadsAhead wrote:
randy will never die wrote:no effence to anyone but untill someone has the balls to talk to peter personally about the move and tell him how inportant it is to all of us we wont see it for problly 20+ years i could be rong on this but it is the sad truth i am verry sorry i am only 16 and my long life dream is to see the last remaning footage of randy pro shoot

my other long life dream is to be like randy not onlly a rock/classical musican but to be a good person in life i would give it ALL away just to see randy pro shoot not talkin about the after hours footage \

THANK YOU :( :( :| :( :(
agreed man. i'm 16 too and i wanna see this footage so badly!
wait. i didn't see the part where you'd "give it all up" haha i wouldn't do that. that's a bit on the extreme side don't you think?
I went ahead and rode the white horse
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

i as trying to make a point but it came out wrong plus iwas haveing a really dark day since your 16 too you will know what i mean matter in fact every one has one of those days
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

randy will never die wrote:I was having a really dark day... every one has one of those days
I was 16 thirty years ago, and I do still have those days...
infoleather

Post by infoleather »

I think we can only wait and see if it happens or not...
The Vintage leather satchel bags for men are generally hand made, therefore it will take more time to make Black chain strap bag in general