Floyd Rose

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

white gold

Re: Floyd Rose

Post by white gold »

Isodee wrote:
sytharnia wrote:
white gold wrote:I believe Zakk has a replica PDV, in an interview i remember him saying that if you touched the bar it would go out of tune.
every pic of zakk I have seen with a polka dot it has a floyd though
White gold, this one? Zakk's wife had it made for him if I remember correct (too bad the pic is so low res!).

I think that would be it, i remember him saying it was an exact replica "it even has the same bridge where if you touch it, it goes out of tune" i'll see if i can dig up the vid on youtube. Yes, he does have one with a floyd rose too.

might be this one
Please visit my youtube for guitar videos http://www.youtube.com/user/yngvai777
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

sytharnia wrote: if set up right, so no string sticking at the nut or in the saddles, the machine heads being nice and tight and not moving and strings properly stretched a standard trem should stay in tune pretty well. I have 4 guitars with them and never have tuning issues, they are only set up to dive though
+1

I have a strat with an old fashioned style 6 screw trem, set up to pivot both ways (about 3 semitones on the b). The thing stays in tune extremely well. I went to a band practice once, played for a couple of hours and was using the trem a lot on one song. Next day more band practice and the guitar was still in tune!

Set up is everything 8)

Rob

ps. maybe worth noting nothing on the axe is fender
www.rstorey.co.uk
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Yngwie uses Fender standard trems and beats the piss out of them. He says there are no tuning issues with any of his strats.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

the one zakk has in the pic is not an exact replica, i see 3 things wrong just on the head stock. obviously it was before the relic, but its probably 90%
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

white gold wrote:
might be this one
no locking nut so not likely