My 30th anniversary exp. (pics of tribute concorde)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sik_kreations
Cool Member

My 30th anniversary exp. (pics of tribute concorde)

Post by sik_kreations »

As long as ive been a rhoads fan, going on 15 years I've never gone to the memorial. So this time I finally went and brought along my tribute guitar that I painted and airbrushed that my friend Julian @dark arts guitars built. I got to meet the family, jay banbury who I used one of his photos and even the guy with the Randy rhoads tribute room.. Sunday the day before I almost gave up thinking I wasn't gun a make it with the guitar, but my builder friend said if I got it to him in the a.m. He would put it together.. Soat 10pm Sunday night I cleared it, not in a booth but in a garage...so last min.. And I'm surprised I made it. Sooo happy I did!

Me and jay banbury..

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 633&type=3

Backside

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... e=1&ref=nf

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 633&type=3

It felt pretty good when I had people asking me if I painted over a 10k dollar relic... And had someone ask y it said Concorde and not Jackson...lol
Last edited by sik_kreations on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
alborg
Cool Member

Re: My 30th anniversary experience

Post by alborg »

Nice!
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

very nice. I'd be interested to talk to the builder but I don't do facebook. you could pm me some contact info if possible.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I want one! Minus the pictures though but they are well done :)
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

that is sweet ass, man:) I think that you guys did an effin fantastic job, it's sure to bring envy but also a wonderful tribute to Randy on his 30th anniversary and beyond:) keep us updated on how people react to seeing it, I bet that it will keep his name out there for those who may not know the beauty of who Randy is:)
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

RRFan4Ever wrote:that is sweet ass, man:) I think that you guys did an effin fantastic job, it's sure to bring envy but also a wonderful tribute to Randy on his 30th anniversary and beyond:) keep us updated on how people react to seeing it, I bet that it will keep his name out there for those who may not know the beauty of who Randy is:)

Thanks!
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Re: My 30th anniversary exp. (pics of tribute concorde)

Post by randy will never die »

best memory every very nice airbrushing man
Whipper
Cool Member

Re: My 30th anniversary exp. (pics of tribute concorde)

Post by Whipper »

:shock: Wow, you did a phenomenal job with the airbrushing!!! I'd give anything to be able to airbrush like that! It looks right up there with Jason Oberly's work! Julian did a fantastic job on the build too! Congrats!!
Ric