30th Anniversary Tribute

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Re: 30th Anniversary Tribute

Post by Silver Rhoads »

zennman wrote:So whatever happened with the puppy?
I am pretty sure many people confirmed that Jodi took Bonehead home. Randy received him as a gift I believe while they were on the road. Original Topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6139&p=66481&hilit=dog#p66481
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

NicDots wrote:Image

RIP Randy!
Right on! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Silver Rhoads wrote:
I am pretty sure many people confirmed that Jodi took Bonehead home. Randy received him as a gift I believe while they were on the road. Original Topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6139&p=66481&hilit=dog#p66481
jodi took bonehead in. he died of old age.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

frank wrote:
Silver Rhoads wrote:
What a cute little bugger that pup is. Randy took a few pictures with him and you could tell he was getting a kick out of him. I can imagine how difficult it was for Jodi. I'm sure Bonehead helped her cope in some way. Dogs are great therapy. I've had them all of my life.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

I'm glad I joined this forum. It's cool to hear some of the behind the scenes stuff, plus I think it's nice to see that people like Frank who were close to him still keep his memory alive. I think the reason why Randy is an inspiration to me is because he was (from what I understand) humble and not a typical cocky rockstar. The fact that he played the way he did is just the icing on the cake. The more I learned about Rhoads the more it all made sense. His playing, his devotion to his own style. You just don't get that with guitarists of today. I honestly cannot think of anybody in my era that I'm as impressed by. And this is thirty years later.
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

frank wrote:
Silver Rhoads wrote:
Awww, that's nice she got the pup.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Did Randy buy bonehead himself or did someone get him the dog? Sorry if it was mentioned I don't rember reading that.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well i wouldn't be surprised if the O$bournes had Bonehead and past him onto Randy. As they've always been into pets, dogs and cats etc. As we've seen in the O's series on TV.
Frank can you remember where he came from ?. As we know he was picked up while Randy was on tour from the photos like the one above.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

if memory serves, sharon got bonehead for randy...ulterior motive: she wanted a companion for her dog while they were on the road.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Sounds like something she would do. Thanks Frank.