Which of these 4 autographed items isnt a fake?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

oth
Mass Poster

Which of these 4 autographed items isnt a fake?

Post by oth »

One seller,4 signed albums.Three are bad forgeries,one is legit.Im surprised this seller doesnt see the blatantly obvious.This is actually a good lesson in spotting the legit amongst a sea of fakes.I dont know how to insert the pics so here s the link:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/my-jeweler/m.ht ... 4340.l2562
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Re: Which of these 4 autographed items isnt a fake?

Post by Geo Sav »

I gotta be honest. I can't see any of those being legit. I would have had to been there myself. Especially that kinda coin. That's crazy.
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

This one on the list could be legit. The others "not so much"

Here's one of mine that I purchased from Wyldeone (RIP)

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

And how much was that going for?
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Zenman is correct.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

here is a photocopy in the photo of the real deal a friend of mine got at the guitar seminar. I have resized the photo and being a photocopy of the flyer might have changed the size. I would say compare closely to that. I agree with zenman also the bottom looks real to me.

oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Awesome auto.Its funny because i had an auto from that pittsburgh show but it was his scruffy version.I think he had a nice auto and then a rushed auto for when he was pressed for time.

The one in the auction for 1100 is legit.
Glam Keef

Post by Glam Keef »

These so called autograph dealers make me laugh. Their guarantees aren't worth the paper they are written on. I agree that the 3 are definate fakes. I hope nobody bids.

In Australia there are a bunch of misleading framed items being sold in gift shops for about $65 (aussie dollars). The 'autographed' photos are a photocopy and the certificate says that it is a limited run - yeah right!!!
I had an argument in one shop when I enquired about the authenticity and the seller swore it was a genuine autographed copy. I then found a second one in the same shop with EXACTLY the same penstrokes and NO pen indentations which proved they were mass produced fakes. here's one on ebay but teh seller seems pretty honest in his description.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Randy-Rhoads ... 415d433cfe
dasboot

Post by dasboot »

I thought the same thing that the first three are obvious fakes, but the last one looked legit. The Ozzy signature is dead on as is Randy's. God, amazing that there is one real one among the fakes from the same seller. what's the deal?
"He could interpret blazing renditions of his compositions as easily as taking a breath"-Rudy Sarzo
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Glam Keef wrote:These so called autograph dealers make me laugh. Their guarantees aren't worth the paper they are written on. I agree that the 3 are definate fakes. I hope nobody bids.

In Australia there are a bunch of misleading framed items being sold in gift shops for about $65 (aussie dollars). The 'autographed' photos are a photocopy and the certificate says that it is a limited run - yeah right!!!
I had an argument in one shop when I enquired about the authenticity and the seller swore it was a genuine autographed copy. I then found a second one in the same shop with EXACTLY the same penstrokes and NO pen indentations which proved they were mass produced fakes. here's one on ebay but teh seller seems pretty honest in his description.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Randy-Rhoads ... 415d433cfe
Well,that is a legit signature.But why would you pay 94$ for a bunch of photocopies that have been framed?Cost of that is probably 7$ and the value is pretty much worthless.The photo with the autograph is cool however because Randy wasnt really around long enough to sign non-promo 8x10 photo's.
Glam Keef

Post by Glam Keef »

For comparison, here is my RR autograph. he signed it right there in front of me so I can tell you it's 100% genuine.
There is a similar thread on this site from a few months ago "Forgeries and facsimiles" I think it's called.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

last one is legit.....no doubt.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Well, first off RE; the third one with all 4 original Blizzard band members signing a 1981 BOO (slightly different Ozzy logo) would be near impossible. I suppose you could get Ozzy and Randy's and then have Bob and Lee sign it later on, all with a bic! They were just signed in the US in 1981 and upon discussing 1981 tour, Lee and Bob were fired. I really doubt that one is legit. The last one looks good. I'm no expert. The first ones in silver look look like B.S.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

I've been trying to remember what and where, but I cannot put my finger on it for the life of me. I *think* that it was about 10 years ago there were some Ozzy/Randy autos for sale, but to beware because there wasn't such thing as a silver sharpie at the time of Randy's death. Or maybe it wasn't Ozy/Randy items, but I've been racking my brain since I read this thread earlier, and I can't remember more to find a link or something.

I find it odd that there would be one real amongst 3 forgeries, and especially odd that this seller had sold other RR items in the past. It really does seem as though this seller focuses on RR, Rolexes, and various musical supplies. (I assume) he really made note of where the money lies, and well, that's that.

I hope no one spends a grand on any of those, that's just too much!
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon