Rhoads Documentary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Rhoads Documentary

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Randy was a brilliant untouchable guitar player and he definitely does NOT need your lies and twisted truth to increase his brilliance in anyone's memory. He was special, a one off, a true star, and making the people who were struggling to carry on with their lives following his death look like idiots moneygrabbers incompetents and control freaks is truly shameful. You were not there, you apparently have the empathy of a dead slug, you know nothing.

If you can't spread light and love over someone who oozed light and talent, please crawl in a hole and bury yourself. The human race has enough to be ashamed of without your shameful self profiting addition.

Randy was brilliant.

So you're saying this was an email sent to Bernie from Peter/Dakota? If so, it doesn't make sense as Bernie replaced Randy... he wasn't involved with the band while Randy was alive, so how would he have any input other than to describe the mood after Randy's death?
Paul it was Bernie's response to whatever upset him. In my haste to post this up i had to go back and read what he said in reply. Like Matt has mentioned Bernie is an old Hippy at heart and a very cool guy. I couldn't see him wantng to pick a fight with PM. But i don't know the full story on what has upset the apple kart here. But he's pissed off another key player in his down spiraling docu. These are just the one's we know of, no wonder it's turned into a book.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, I get it...

What I had heard about the doc was that it rambled on and on and lacked focus. In other words, LOTS of interviews for the sake of interviews and not much in the way of coherence as to who Randy was and why he was important.

As I've often said, I'll simply wait until this thing is released for public consumption - if ever - it's a shame that anyone would let their ego get in the way of creating a tribute to someone they once knew.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm guessing at who's ego's amigos gets the kudos here... vote
now !!!
infowars

Post by infowars »

When are you good people going to realize that two selfish SOBs Doug Rhoads and Kelly Garni tryed to control the film for thier own pocket and ego. When it did not go thier way they turned Mr.Rhoads against Peter. Ask Peter Margolis..this is why it has been shelved.

I was told by Peter that one day very soon he would set the record strait. This will most likely turn into a film about his attempt to create this film about Randy.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

infowars wrote:This will most likely turn into a film about his attempt to create this film about Randy.
That would probably be more interesting

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

Well, this whole doc thing is very disheartening! I feel blessed to have been able to witness the T.A. interview in person!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

infowars wrote:When are you good people going to realize that two selfish SOBs Doug Rhoads and Kelly Garni tryed to control the film for thier own pocket and ego. When it did not go thier way they turned Mr.Rhoads against Peter. Ask Peter Margolis..this is why it has been shelved.

I was told by Peter that one day very soon he would set the record strait. This will most likely turn into a film about his attempt to create this film about Randy.
Too many people have had bad words for PM including wait for it wait for it.....BOB DAISLEY and it looks like Bernie Torme has had problems after his interview. Like Paul mentions above, who wants to watch a docu with 101 punters who know of Randy, talking about him like he's going to walk in the room. The people i have mentioned are good connections for the pre and post Randy story. If Kelle & Garni did take so much 'control' on this movie. Be it for ego's running wild or whatever someone has to give it the green light. It could sit on the shelf forever or if your not joking about the 'making of the docu'. It could turn out to be a proper crock of shite.
Sepheratta
Cool Member

Post by Sepheratta »

Woah I just watched it. "Randy Rhoads The Last Train Home" on YouTube.

Sounds cool. Wish they would release it.........
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I stopped being interested in the doc years ago when it was being used as a political tool. however, if it comes out great I will watch it if not I am more than happy with the new live album and the new footage, thats all I wanted anyway.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I still would love to see this. I thought the trailer was killer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Yes the trailer was great but the rest is just silly.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

What was the rest? Did you see it and how was it silly?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Geo Sav wrote:What was the rest? Did you see it and how was it silly?
I have a feeling he's talking about the aftermath of the trailer,
when Peter began threatening everyone with legal actions for
watching the trailer :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Stiltzkin wrote:
That is what I meant but i do not regret showing it here, it is likely that even without us getting the trailer that things would have worked out any better for the Doc'.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Stiltzkin wrote:
I presume that his words constituted an idle threat, but please tell me that he at least attempted to formulate a cease and desist order- not that his credibility wasn't moot point by then anyway. I really, reallllly looked forward to the doco but once I saw the trailer (usually a summary to advertise the best selling points of a product) my anticipation may have deflated audibly, must have anyway from the suspect hairy-eyeball I was getting from my dog! :shock:

That trailer probably should NOT have been released, it could have implied that perhaps someone either didn't know what they were talking about when they secured the go ahead for this film and/or they delagated purpose/vision to someone else to figure out what they could coincide from whatever the hell that was. To be fair though, it could have been a "draft" in the loosest possible context of the word draft.

Using the analogy that there are 3 sides to every story, and my speculation about the things that I've seen alleged about the director, it wasn't ignorant- if he is in fact as "manipulative" or "disingenuous" as alleged- he probably will find a way to drag others down with him, strangely I doubt that will lack focus.

Anyways, what did he say was it "stolen" or was it confidentiality? Did anything he allege come to fruitation? Sorry to ask so many questions, I am not up to speed on this end of the story, I've been too busy ignoring my thoughts and resulting emotions about it.

*edited for my unintentional hyperbole, I'm not drinking this time sometimes my humor is well, rather dry and I don't want to offend anyone*
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon