Something Tells Me

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Re: Something Tells Me

Post by axeman_12656 »

look at this pic... a few tried to say at the top of this post that i just said that because he plays a les paul. I have the last laugh in this thread. bahaha........
Live Life Stronger Than Death
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Holy Damn...Rob looks stoned in that performance. Slowly walking around stage just going thru the motions for the millionth time and not giving two...reminds me of some of the worst performances of Ozzy or Vince Nail. Damn.
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

I saw him this November and he played 74 LP's just like Randy, he has hair and stage clothes just like Randy and his solos were very Randy influenced sounding
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

BowTie29 wrote:and his solos were very Randy influenced sounding
how?
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Saw Priest recently in Lowell, MA with this guy. he's no KK and certainly no Randy. Proest as a band were absolutely phenomenal though! I've seen them several times and this was one of the best shows. Love it. But this new Git player aint no Randy by a long shot. he just looks like him.
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

No offense meant to any of you who "enjoyed" seeing Priest within the last 6 years, but they are an absolute SHADOW of the Judas Priest of the late 70's to the late 80's.

Night and day comparison.

Guess that speaks VOLUMES about the current music scene, more than anything.

Glad I saw all these legendary rock/metal bands BITD when they actually kicked major ass "live."
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Hey RRP, what makes you think I didnt see them in the 80's? (Which i have, as have millions of other people). I agree they're not what they were during the SFV or DOTF tours but that doesnt mean that no one should "enjoy" their show now. Priest played a ton of their obscure early stuff for their hardcore fans, that would never be expected live - very few bands do that. Most of these older bands just play their greatest hits and leave. But instead, Priest put effort into making this tour different and was having fun doing it. Yes, as a long time fan of the band, i have to tell you that I "enjoyed" the show.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea. I Saw it when I saw em in Jersey. He's a great guitarist. Anyway, he changed the pickups.........