Kelle Rhoads Speaks from Birthday Celebration

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Re: Kelle Rhoads Speaks from Birthday Celebration

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

axeman_12656 wrote:Ozzy did far too much before and far too much after 1979 - 1982 than to lay his legacy all on Randy and Bobs shoulders.
I wouldn't exactly classify "The Osbournes" as a successful legacy.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

LOL....
Exactly. "successful legacy" also includes respected. Whether you're talking about just the TV show or the family/band as a whole, there's not many people who respect that family anymore, if anyone. Seems as if the a**kissers only do.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Sorta like the losers who throw puff balls for Bob to hit on Facebook.
Talk about ass kissing.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

When you have to resort to a level of wise cracks and insults, you know you've lost the debate.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

I stand by what I said. No loss.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Well, I'm not protecting Kelle either. He just has a great sense of humor. He's only joking around. Some people find his "coming Joke" offensive. It doesn't bother me. Kelle's and other's mentioned that Randy had the same kind of sense of humor. So, what Kelle was buzzed.

The subject of the wine is always being broached. Yeah, Kathy and her husband have a winery, which is a great thing to have. I would have done the same thing as a tribute. It's her brother. Good wine has NEVER been cheap. Silver Oak Cabernets are all $75.00 - $100.00.

The guitars? Oh man, wayyyyy to expensive. It's cool that there are replicas that are exact, but fans should be able to afford them. I think Randy would have been embarrassed by that and probably wouldn't have allowed that. That's just my opinion.
classicalmetal

Post by classicalmetal »

I think all of the artist replica guitars are way to high but if there is a market then why should Randy's cost less then Eddie Van Halen's? That's kind of like saying Randy is just not as important. If anybody could buy an exact replica for $1000 to $2000 then there would be tons of people that would have them and in turn would not be as special.

What would be a better solution would be to have a general replica without all the more personalized things added to the guitar. Then charge $1000 to $2000 for the guitar. I mean you have to pay about this price anyways for a USA model of a Jackson Rhoads. Even 3 or 4 grand is not that out of this world. Yes I would love to pick up an exact replica for a grand or so but I just think it would cheapen Randy's name. I know I'll never own an exact replica unless I win millions in the lottery but that's fine. Again I think they should make a general replica for those of use that can't afford that large amount of money. I do think there should be a model that is more of a "special" model that ten other people in your town don't also own. They should also do some giveaway's for true Randy fans. Somehow I don't think this would happen though.

As far as Kellie's video yea he got a little vulgar and should have left some of it out but I doubt many of us have gotten drunk and not said things we regret later or were a little embarrassed about the next day. He could have said alot worse.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well he didn't do himself or the family name any favours as far as being vulgar or making a dick out of himself ?. He just looked like a pompous ass, puffing on his fat cigar and being a vehicle to plug himself... Like he has to keep mentioning Randy so the spotlight isn't on him for the entire video. That story about the car having bow ties in the boot. What a load of shit, like the car has never been looked into in the last 30 years. The Rhoads are far too tight to leave valuable pieces of RR memorabilia lying around to gather dust in the back of an old car. He's pulling that one out of the bag for a WOW!! story, nothing else. I don't agree on how the birthday of Randy has now moved from his grave site to the comfort of his sisters winery. Lets pop a few corks and get drunk, that'll be $58.00 thank you very much. I thought the idea of the wine was originaly good. I can see them selling it as a vehicle to make cash and nothing else. The limited amount of bottles hasn't run out yet ???...
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Well he didn't do himself or the family name any favours as far as being vulgar or making a dick out of himself ?. He just looked like a pompous ass, puffing on his fat cigar and being a vehicle to plug himself... Like he has to keep mentioning Randy so the spotlight isn't on him for the entire video. That story about the car having bow ties in the boot. What a load of shit, like the car has never been looked into in the last 30 years. The Rhoads are far too tight to leave valuable pieces of RR memorabilia lying around to gather dust in the back of an old car. He's pulling that one out of the bag for a WOW!! story, nothing else. I don't agree on how the birthday of Randy has now moved from his grave site to the comfort of his sisters winery. Lets pop a few corks and get drunk, that'll be $58.00 thank you very much. I thought the idea of the wine was originaly good. I can see them selling it as a vehicle to make cash and nothing else. The limited amount of bottles hasn't run out yet ???...
If it has "moved" from his grave site to the winery, there's only one reason for it, you can't charge people or take bookings via credit card at the cemetery, but you sure can at the winery.

And for all the people who attend there will be a "Wine Special" no doubt (buy two bottles get the third at half price) and for an extra $5 you can get your photo taken with a Rhoads family member in the car park before you leave.

I can think of many ways to remember and honor someones memory without it having to be a money maker as well. Just a coincidence? I think not.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Hearing all this reinforces the fact that I never want to meet anyone with ties to Randy besides other fans. Better to be a fan from far away than be struck with the spectacle that is the RR legacy.

I will say that I think there are positive elements within those close to Randy, but I just want no part of it in a personal way. For me, no visits to Musonia, no meet and greets, etc. To me, that would diminish the aura of Randy. I have the music and the bit of footage that's available to us, and that's good.

Don't meet your idols (or in this case, those close to them), people. Good chance you'll be disappointed.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Hearing all this reinforces the fact that I never want to meet anyone with ties to Randy besides other fans. Better to be a fan from far away than be struck with the spectacle that is the RR legacy.

I will say that I think there are positive elements within those close to Randy, but I just want no part of it in a personal way. For me, no visits to Musonia, no meet and greets, etc. To me, that would diminish the aura of Randy. I have the music and the bit of footage that's available to us, and that's good.

Don't meet your idols (or in this case, those close to them), people. Good chance you'll be disappointed.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

oth wrote:I remember i was bashing romeorose relentlessly and then his momentary friend kg started bashing me but i didnt respond to him,i took the high road and just bashed romerose more :)

oth, that just made me crack up, thanks for that!
classicalmetal wrote:As far as Kellie's video yea he got a little vulgar and should have left some of it out but I doubt many of us have gotten drunk and not said things we regret later or were a little embarrassed about the next day. He could have said alot worse.
But how many of us who want to represent our family business and be taken seriously say vulgar things on video while drunk and then have the video posted online? If Kelle wants to speak that way in private, who cares, but he was speaking publicly and that was an embarrassment.

Maybe the event was moved to the winery at the request of the cemetery management? Isn't that a possibility? Why always bash these things? The winery is in Santa Rosa which is 480 miles from the cemetery and the tasting room is in Burbank which is 64 miles from the cemetery... so maybe it was a change based on being more convenient to get Kathy, Kelle and Mrs. Rhoads to attend? It's not always a conspiracy to make a buck.

I think if you were to meet Frank Santa Cruz or Kathy or Randy's mom you might not feel the same about ruining your feelings about Randy. Just try to meet the 'right' people and not those who you feel are trying to cash in on his name.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote: Maybe the event was moved to the winery at the request of the cemetery management? Isn't that a possibility? Why always bash these things? The winery is in Santa Rosa which is 480 miles from the cemetery and the tasting room is in Burbank which is 64 miles from the cemetery... so maybe it was a change based on being more convenient to get Kathy, Kelle and Mrs. Rhoads to attend? It's not always a conspiracy to make a buck.
This is the second year that the birthday celebrations have been held at the winery. I could understand if it was to the request of Mrs Rhoads to hold the occasion at the winery. As she is getting old and frail and not as active as she use to be. Did Delores make it to the birthday celebration party ?. As she didn't get mentioned during Kelle's vid speach. The wine was originaly brought out as a tribute 'limited edition'. This was back in 2009 and they are still selling the RR wine 2 years later. I could understand if this was a small celebration and a few friends and family. From the way Kelle is performing you'd think he'd just collected an Oscar on behalf of Randy for a life time achievement award. While the spotlights on me i may aswell mention my new cd and by the way i'm flat broke so give me some money. Very convenient i don't think, when Mrs Rhoads isn't holding the reins the horses are running wild. When she isn't around, i think the legacy will be changing for the better of the family and it will be very profitable. Watch this space!!!
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote: Maybe the event was moved to the winery at the request of the cemetery management? Isn't that a possibility? Why always bash these things? The winery is in Santa Rosa which is 480 miles from the cemetery and the tasting room is in Burbank which is 64 miles from the cemetery... so maybe it was a change based on being more convenient to get Kathy, Kelle and Mrs. Rhoads to attend? It's not always a conspiracy to make a buck.
This is the second year that the birthday celebrations have been held at the winery. I could understand if it was to the request of Mrs Rhoads to hold the occasion at the winery. As she is getting old and frail and not as active as she use to be. Did Delores make it to the birthday celebration party ?. As she didn't get mentioned during Kelle's vid speach. The wine was originaly brought out as a tribute 'limited edition'. This was back in 2009 and they are still selling the RR wine 2 years later. I could understand if this was a small celebration and a few friends and family. From the way Kelle is performing you'd think he'd just collected an Oscar on behalf of Randy for a life time achievement award. While the spotlights on me i may aswell mention my new cd and by the way i'm flat broke so give me some money. Very convenient i don't think, when Mrs Rhoads isn't holding the reins the horses are running wild. When she isn't around, i think the legacy will be changing for the better of the family and it will be very profitable. Watch this space!!!
+1
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:While the spotlights on me i may as well mention my new CD and by the way I'm flat broke so give me some money. Very convenient i don't think, when Mrs Rhoads isn't holding the reins the horses are running wild.

+1