so.........

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

so.........

Post by axeman_12656 »

So.......... Quiet here. We all act like the guy has been gone for 29 years or something.

No activity
Live Life Stronger Than Death
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Re: so.........

Post by cableguyxx »

for the record....I jam Diary and/or Blizzard almost every single day driving to/from work. It never gets dull or boring. The remastered Diary is smokin'. Too bad the involved parties couldn't get past the money/credit issues and give the hardcore fans who have faithfully put up with so much crap for the past 3 decades, the real box set that could have been presented with the bonus material that would have made this the mother of all box sets.

The rest of it has simply gotten boring. The wind has left the sails so to speak.
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

Dennis Miller used "Crazy Train" for his radio show bumper music once today. Box set just left me hungry for some good new footage. I think the well has gone dry on anything pertaining to new Randy stuff.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

cableguyxx wrote:Too bad the involved parties couldn't get past the money/credit issues and give the hardcore fans who have faithfully put up with so much crap for the past 3 decades, the real box set that could have been presented with the bonus material that would have made this the mother of all box sets.

The rest of it has simply gotten boring. The wind has left the sails so to speak.
+1

I'm very happy with the box-set though. Don't ge met wrong, I'm grateful we got it. BUT they could have done more for sure! A good PR machine to keep Randy's legacy going is also missing. For years I had the feeling they rather store Randy and his whole legacy in area51 or something. What are we gonna talk about if there is nothing to look out for? They can do a lot more really. The whole fiasco with the doc is also a big shame. There is some light though, really looking forward for Bob Daisley's book!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

If it wasn't for this and other RR forums the guy would be, but a memory. It's up to 'us' the fans who visit this site to keep it interesting. We cannot just look forward to material items like footage etc. The lucky one's who managed to get to see Randy in concert, or if you have been to Musonia for a visit. Or if you have any interesting stories to share with us. Post them up and get yourself recognised here. If you have any memorabilia from the time you seen Ozzy or Quiet Riot share it with us. Or if you just have a small collection of cd's, vinyl, posters etc get them photographed and share them with us. If you've been to see any good bands lately, let us know about them. It's up to us to keep the site active and to keep RR up there with the best. :wink:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

You have a point Shaun, but it's very hard to keep it going that way I guess.
It goes hand in hand, if there are things to look out for, there is more talke and people sharing more stuff. But yeah, it would be great if people who seen the master themselves could share their memories! Though it's hard since it's already so long ago, memories geting vague.....

Hey, what about Dave Tangye, did he talk bullshit about the pro-shot or what? (that '81 St. Louis/New Jersey show he talked about) It's a 'crime' if they hide that.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: Hey, what about Dave Tangye, did he talk bullshit about the pro-shot or what? (that '81 St. Louis/New Jersey show he talked about) It's a 'crime' if they hide that.....
Well how many people have been contridicted over the years about so called footage. The Palladium footage which came out recently, that never got mentioned by Rudy in his book and it must of been so obvious that the guy had a super 8 camera in the front row. How all of the band members say that they know of no archive footage etc. Look how surprised Ozzy was when he viewed that footage for the first time. If he'd seen other similar footage, it wouldn't of been a surprise to him ?. My belief is that he never thought he'd be viewing a live gig with RR 30 years later. I've always said that if Ozzy's camp had any unseen footage of Randy in concert it would of been used in the Tribute Crazy Train video.
But for Dave to mention the '81 St Louis/New Jersey gig being filmed. It's another one which may see the light in years to come. What i find hard to believe is, if that show was pro shot you would of thought the band would of had a preview of the unedited gig. Did Ozzy not like his vocals on it ? so it ended up not being used and forgoting about ?. I don't think Dave would of mentioned this otherwise. Remember he's very much like Bob Daisley and he kept diaries of his time with Ozzy. So for whatever his mind cannot remember i'm sure a read through his diaries will jogg the memory of old.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

cableguyxx wrote:for the record....I jam Diary and/or Blizzard almost every single day driving to/from work. It never gets dull or boring.
I listened to Randy everyday in my office. I always bring my ipod, i keep a doc there. Those 2 albums are always my defualt album. If i'm not sure what I wanna hear I put those albums on. like you said.. they never dull. To be honest it seems like to this day i still hear new things when I listen to them. Its amazing.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: The lucky one's who managed to get to see Randy in concert, or if you have been to Musonia for a visit. Or if you have any interesting stories to share with us. Post them up and get yourself recognized here. :wink:
Back in 2000 I saw Quiet Riot on the Glam Slam Metal Jam Tour with Poison and Warrant. I had third row seats stage right, aisle seat. I knew in advance that QR did a meet and greet at every show. I told my buddy I wanted to wear a Randy Rhoads shirt to spark conversation about him when I met them.

Well near the end of the set Kevin was dedicating Thunderbird to Randy. A few lines into the song he looks at me and gives me a thumbs up from the stage. That was an awesome moment.
Then near the end of the song Rudy also gave me a thumbs up. My buddy was jealous.

Well after their set I went to the meet and greet to have a chance to meet the guys. They are all really nice. But Kevin and Frankie were def the personalities of the group. Kevin was like "Hey man, I was hoping to get to talk to you. I love the shirt. Where did you get it?" I told him that I got it from Ebay. Back then Ebay was just starting and wasn't so common. He was like "Wow, I’m gonna have to go check that out. I want one." He then told me that he spotted the shirt early on in the set and kind of kept coming back to it throughout the show as a focal point in the crowd. So, I thought that was really cool.

I really miss Kevin DuBrow!!

Just thought I would share.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I could see not remembering a guy with a camera in 1981 (at one gig) not realizing it would be an archival thing, later on. I always hear stories of sh!t I've said but didn't remember. Because when amongst friends, I have a tendency to bullshirt or blow off steam. People you know, who are familiar with you, know when someone is taking the piss and just joking. But more footage, please (holds out porridge bowl)...