Brad Gillis to Jake E Lee?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sbjch1997

Brad Gillis to Jake E Lee?

Post by sbjch1997 »

Hi I have recently been listening to some bootlegs of BG with Ozzy. I was wondering why he didnt become the permanent replacement instead of Jake E Lee. Thanks
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Re: Brad Gillis to Jake E Lee?

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Brad had his own band : Night Ranger
xk319

Post by xk319 »

Brad was ready to stay, Ozzy said he was real good, but he just wanted someone else for the full time gig (i.e. songwriting and recording).
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I heard Ozzy didn't like Brad and would pick on him, like the keyboardist Lindsay Bridgewater. I guess if you were quiet and didn't say much, Ozzy would gun for you! I also heard Brad was ready to stay on. I did see Night Ranger open for Kiss '82/'83 Creatures of the night. I bet Ozzy was looking for another Randy, as silly as it sounds. I kinda think that's why things went sour with Ozzy and Jake. Jake's only crime was not being Randy. It's like you have the perfect girlfriend then she's gone and you start dating again. You just want that exact feel, fit but you will never find that again. And the poor new girlfriend who has to deal with this!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

hansolo wrote:I heard Ozzy didn't like Brad and would pick on him, like the keyboardist Lindsay Bridgewater. I guess if you were quiet and didn't say much, Ozzy would gun for you! I also heard Brad was ready to stay on. I did see Night Ranger open for Kiss '82/'83 Creatures of the night. I bet Ozzy was looking for another Randy, as silly as it sounds. I kinda think that's why things went sour with Ozzy and Jake. Jake's only crime was not being Randy. It's like you have the perfect girlfriend then she's gone and you start dating again. You just want that exact feel, fit but you will never find that again. And the poor new girlfriend who has to deal with this!
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. That concert was awsome btw, I was there too and loved it. Creatures Of The Night is very under rated imo.