Eerie Sounds on Blizzard Of Ozz

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Re: Eerie Sounds on Blizzard Of Ozz

Post by TheMrAxeman »

i like them both, but sometimes i like one more than the other. right now it is BOO, it just seems like they were having a lot more fun on that album for some reason
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Rhoads-Fan
Cool Member

Post by Rhoads-Fan »

Geo Sav wrote:Both albums are flawless IMO. I know Randy was rushed on DOAM for solos. Hardly noticeable. If I could find a problem about both albums it would be the are too short. A couple more songs on both albums would have been cool.
Right! Today there would be 12-14 songs on a disc. It seems like as soon as I put DOAM on, it is over. BOO seems to last a little longer, imo.
sharkfinvee

Post by sharkfinvee »

At the end of 'dee' on tribute (i think it's the final take), when the guitar fades out, you can quite clearly hear the sound of a jet aircraft taking off.Whack up the volume and you can hear the bleed coming through...this is because Gatwick airport is pretty close to ridge farm....a bit of an anorak thing to point out but some of you might like to know :D
Count Jonah

Post by Count Jonah »

Wow! It became a p!ssing contest between two mighty albums. Franky, DOAM gets more points with me due to the title track. Does anyone else imagine a majestic castle rising high up in the night sky or morning mist? I know the album artwork is inspiring part of my imagination, but it's more due to the ethereal music and climaxing riffs.

Back to BOO, I would agree that most of those lyrics seem to be about uncertainty, despair, remorse, ect. But half of those songs are uptempo. It's only the other percentage of the album were the music perfectly captures this dark and dire mood. As great as DOAM is, it's nowhere near as creepy as this.

A lot of metal/hard rock bands were spaced out on beer and drugs during this period, but they didn't write or play anything like this. The only thing I can think of that comes close would be Venom and the super obscure Death SS during the late 70's, very early 80's period. And of course early Black Sabbath. That seems like it would be the logical explanation; It was Ozzy's way of getting back to his older Black Sabbath roots, but Ozzy's never been at the creative helm of his own band's music.