Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mikesline
Cool Member

Re: 1982

Post by mikesline »

1982-i rang in 1982 with ozzy,randy,rudy,tommy,don and little ronnie seeing thier performance
in downtown LA.

RANDY RULES!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Matlike wrote:everything just was...cooler...people wore their hair long, jean jackets were in...
People wore jeans that came up to their waist not around their ass...

I saw a kid today at my work whose pants came up halfway around his ass and looked to be 3 sizes too small. how on earth is that cool???

Randy wore tiny girls jeans, but they fit him properly!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

nah,overall i think clothes are way better today.
1982 was members only,jordache jeans and polo shirts or grungy denim n corduroys.Either u looked like a guido or a kmart reject.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

oth wrote:nah,overall i think clothes are way better today.
This doesn't look stupid to you?

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

When it comes to fashion, everything comes and goes (with the time), so there is never really a "cool" image in my opinion. What is perceived as "cool" (at the time) eventually becomes outdated. People get tired and move on. Nowadays, you just have a bunch of people trying to replciate what was done in the past. There is no "new" image anymore. There is only so much you can do with clothing anyways.

So, nowadays - I just wear khakis and a polo shirt, or a button down. Sometimes I wear a sport jacket. I keep it mostly casual. And normal. I also like wearing sports stuff (Nike, Addidas, ect.). I hope to get married sometime in the future and have kids. You know, the whole "dad" thing...take the kids camping...help them with homework...going to the mall...changing diapers...watching them take their first steps.

Honestly??? I can't wait!!!!!!
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Mamma´s gonna worry!!! :wink:
Mikel
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

stealaway wrote:Mamma´s gonna worry!!! :wink:
Andrew's been a bad bad boy :lol:
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

I personally love 70's clothes! All i wear are vintage t shirts and wide flared jeans!
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Thinking about 1982... I just bought Disney´s "Tron; the original classic" on dvd!!! It´s great film, even considering on today´s standard, at least I think so- the whole concept and production is really good!!!
I just can´t remember if I saw it in the movies back in 1982... Can´t recall why, either...
Nor does my sister remember... But I remember seeing "E.T." with every kid in tears in the end of it...
"E.T. phone home..." Classic stuff!!! :D
Time machine, where are you??? :lol:
Mikel
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

AndrewT1976 wrote:Yeah, no kidding - like say tomorrow you go to a gas station and get to talking with the clerk (who is also the owner) and you say " hey bud, how long have you owned this place." And he says "Oh, my friend. A very long time now, since 1980." You would immediately think of Blizzard of Ozz. Then when you leave you'd look at the building and wonder if there was ever a kid who went in there in 1980-82 and was wearing an Ozzy shirt, or maybe if the place ever had the radio on, and the first time Crazy Train played within those walls.

I dunno. I guess I'm crazy:))
Nah, you're not crazy. It's nostalgia. It's bites us all and you'll never lose that interest ... especially as you get older. Music and other things in life are definitely not the same. We look back to when we really liked or loved it more and it makes us crave it. Just Google '80s nostalgia and see what you find.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Paul Wolfe wrote:

GOD! That is beyond stupid! In other countries, like Japan, they don't really have fads. They wear what they want to wear. The reason why things end up looking the way they do in the U.S. is because people try to focus on what's cool and what someone else is wearing instead of being themselves.

It shouldn't matter what decade. You could either wear a normal pair of jeans or parachute pants! :lol: It's up to the individual. I choose jeans and my ass is not hanging out of them. :lol:

Speaking of the '80s and nostalgia, look at video games back then to now! :shock: Randy liked Asteroids. I wonder what he would have thought of the blood and gore games of today.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

Silver Rhoads wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:

GOD! That is beyond stupid! In other countries, like Japan, they don't really have fads. They wear what they want to wear. The reason why things end up looking the way they do in the U.S. is because people try to focus on what's cool and what someone else is wearing instead of being themselves.

It shouldn't matter what decade. You could either wear a normal pair of jeans or parachute pants! :lol: It's up to the individual. I choose jeans and my ass is not hanging out of them. :lol:

Speaking of the '80s and nostalgia, look at video games back then to now! :shock: Randy liked Asteroids. I wonder what he would have thought of the blood and gore games of today.

lol ur crazy.. japan is all about fashion.. they take trends from the us. see it all the time... they go crazy over what we do there and rock it out.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

Silver Rhoads wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:

lol ur crazy.. japan is all about fashion.. they take trends from the us. see it all the time... they go crazy over what we do there and rock it out.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

sik_kreations wrote:
Silver Rhoads wrote:GOD! That is beyond stupid! In other countries, like Japan, they don't really have fads. They wear what they want to wear. The reason why things end up looking the way they do in the U.S. is because people try to focus on what's cool and what someone else is wearing instead of being themselves.

:lol: Well, sure they are influenced by the U.S., but '80s hard rock or metal never went out of style there. They listen to whatever they want and wear whatever they want. I think that's cool. I'm not saying you should wear a Member's Only jacket. Randy wore a Member's Only jacket back then. :lol: But I digress. The '80s seems to have had more fads than in recent years.