2 and a half unreleassed songs (Randy)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Re: 2 and a half unreleassed songs (Randy)

Post by Cryptic Night »

shred1 wrote:How about dangling then, cause I don't think we will hear the stuff., due to legal reasons discussed here at length.
So, bearing that in mind, there will be tons of speculation, finger-pointing and heated forums about music that in fact is out of reach of everyone but the participants in the BOO feud.

Sorta like playing the 'fans' against the middle, in my opinion.
Not sure why you would announce something like that unless you can have rights to release said songs, otherwise, this is another round of the blame game.

The only monetary value all these 'lost treasures' possess is via the fan's wallets - but to some they are actually more valuable if we never hear'em...
Bringing such things up to the public is a good way to get Sharon's attention. If she knows that everyone wants to hear these songs or tapes, whatever, she'll eventually cave in if she's going to make enough profit.

I mean, if Lee said "I have a few tapes of unreleased songs we had" and it spread across the fans, it'll eventually reach Ozzy and Sharon.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

That is EXACTLY what I mean.

'Sorta like playing the 'fans' against the middle, in my opinion.'

You my friend, are a betting/negotiation chip in this. She isn't going to cave.
Then Bob and Lee get publicity and blame Sharon. And we don't hear the tunes.

Step and repeat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Does anyone have a link to this interview with Lee Kerslake ?. Cheers :wink:
jckmdcn

Post by jckmdcn »

maybe the songs will never be released, because they were re-written for Bark at the Moon or Ultimate Sin. I always felt that Bark at the Moon had some "Randy Moments" on it.
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Does anyone have a link to this interview with Lee Kerslake ?. Cheers :wink:
Lambchops said it should be online next week. He posted that he "did a great interview with Lee Kerslake this morning. Was very impressed with his demeanor and personality. Seems like a very easy going guy and I can see why Randy would have got along with him."
Ric

stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

It´s weird if they only now remember taht there´s unrealeased/unfinished songs... It´s not weird that Max didn´t know about them...maybe he simply never heard them, even if there were some stuff... Pretty exciting thought, anyway!!! :wink:
Mikel
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

stealaway wrote:It´s weird if they only now remember taht there´s unrealeased/unfinished songs... It´s not weird that Max didn´t know about them...maybe he simply never heard them, even if there were some stuff... Pretty exciting thought, anyway!!! :wink:
Max engineered the album, and has said he & Randy were really the only ones doing the production. I don't see how he could NOT have heard anything recorded during those sessions.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

6stringer wrote:
stealaway wrote:It´s weird if they only now remember taht there´s unrealeased/unfinished songs... It´s not weird that Max didn´t know about them...maybe he simply never heard them, even if there were some stuff... Pretty exciting thought, anyway!!! :wink:
Max engineered the album, and has said he & Randy were really the only ones doing the production. I don't see how he could NOT have heard anything recorded during those sessions.
If they are un-released, unheard and one perhaps unfinished, they may not have even recorded them on anything other than a portable tape recorder.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

That´s exactly what I mean; that they didn´t record those songs. They may have played them, but not in the studio... therefore Max likely didn´t hang around at their rehearsals... :?
Mikel
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

stealaway wrote:That´s exactly what I mean; that they didn´t record those songs. They may have played them, but not in the studio... therefore Max likely didn´t hang around at their rehearsals... :?
Point taken, but Lee is quoted as saying that these are unreleased songs from the Diary sessions... I took that to mean the studio sessions, in which case Max would have to have heard them. Time will tell I guess.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

6stringer wrote:
stealaway wrote:That´s exactly what I mean; that they didn´t record those songs. They may have played them, but not in the studio... therefore Max likely didn´t hang around at their rehearsals... :?
Point taken, but Lee is quoted as saying that these are unreleased songs from the Diary sessions... I took that to mean the studio sessions, in which case Max would have to have heard them. Time will tell I guess.
I think the "DIARY SESSIONS" could be taken either way. The recording session or the writting session. but the "HALF" song could be something like... this song was written but Ozzy (and Bob) never put lyrics to it. Could just be an instrumental track.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm sure Don Airey mentioned something on the lines of a complete song that he wrote with Randy. This has been mentioned in the past but it has never been released. No big hoohar it's like everyone who is jerking off over the grail tapes. Why get so worked up when you'll never hear these unless Bob leaks them out. As i cannot see Ozzy & $haron ever burning any bridges to have them out to the buying public. They'll never let these be heard as long as they have orifices for waste products.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Very good points here! I wish we´d get a definite interview with Max Norman, Lee Kerslake, Bob Daisley, Don Airey and Ozzy!!!
Kinda discussion where only facts matter and not anyone´s personal opinions... Well, taht´s not likely to happen, so I guess we have to imagine...
Luckily, I could get my Crazy train-life & death of RR-book tomorrow!!! Thumbs up!!!
Mikel
singerman71

Post by singerman71 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I'm sure Don Airey mentioned something on the lines of a complete song that he wrote with Randy. This has been mentioned in the past but it has never been released. No big hoohar it's like everyone who is jerking off over the grail tapes. Why get so worked up when you'll never hear these unless Bob leaks them out. As i cannot see Ozzy & $haron ever burning any bridges to have them out to the buying public. They'll never let these be heard as long as they have orifices for waste products.

I spoke to Don personally a few years ago after a small show he did with ex whitesnake members.He did confirm a song he and Randy wrote appeared on one of his solo albums,he approached Mrs Rhoads to ask if he could credit Randy on the writing of the song...she politely said no.

I ask Don if he knew of any unreleased songs.....he imediatly said yes, there were songs worked on in the Blizzard and Diary sessions that were never finished but nothing consided as unreleased :-)
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

singerman71 wrote: I spoke to Don personally a few years ago after a small show he did with ex whitesnake members.He did confirm a song he and Randy wrote appeared on one of his solo albums,he approached Mrs Rhoads to ask if he could credit Randy on the writing of the song...she politely said no.

I ask Don if he knew of any unreleased songs.....he imediatly said yes, there were songs worked on in the Blizzard and Diary sessions that were never finished but nothing consided as unreleased :-)
So, the song was released on one of his CDs, but Randy doesn't receive credit? Which song and CD is it? I'm curious to hear it.