2 and a half unreleassed songs (Randy)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sbjch1997

2 and a half unreleassed songs (Randy)

Post by sbjch1997 »

In an interview on the randy rhoads fb page (the vid will b up next week) they say that there are two and a half unreleased songs from the diary sessions. Anyone ever heard this?
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Re: 2 and a half unreleassed songs (Randy)

Post by axeman_12656 »

just read that... LEE KERSLAKE stated this.

Amazing thought.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

sbjch1997 wrote:In an interview on the randy rhoads fb page (the vid will b up next week) they say that there are two and a half unreleased songs from the diary sessions. Anyone ever heard this?
I saw that too. Kerslake's statement is an interesting contrast to Max Norman's, when asked about any unreleased material in a 1982 interview... Max said there isn't any. Hmm...

http://jasobrecht.com/randy-rhoads-max- ... interview/
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

I knew it all along!

This concept of "there are no more live concerts. There are no unreleased songs. There are no more this or that..."

All lies from the Ozzy camp.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

AndrewT1976 wrote:I knew it all along!

This concept of "there are no more live concerts. There are no unreleased songs. There are no more this or that..."

All lies from the Ozzy camp.
you are constant with the anti-ozzy stuff. how about this... why hasn't your boy BOB ever mentioned them?

post sounds personal Andrew.... i don't meant it to. ;)
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

If we don't get to hear them then this statement doesn't mean crap to me. Weird though considering what Max said. And ive never heard the allmighty Bob mention any unreleased songs. I hope its true, but only if we get to hear them.

Matt
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

Nothing personal taken. I don't think Lee has any reason to lie. Also, it's a proven fact that Ozzy and Sharon kind of lie all the time....so....
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

So just that im clear, what exactly have Ozzy and Sharon lied about?

Im not sure why Lee would lie. But I also know that even if its true, we aren't gonna get to hear the songs. For the past 30 years no one has mentioned there being more songs. So its just kinda weird.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

AndrewT1976 wrote:Nothing personal taken. I don't think Lee has any reason to lie. Also, it's a proven fact that Ozzy and Sharon kind of lie all the time....so....
I don't think Lee has any reason to lie either... matter of fact i don't think he is. could be on the grail tapes
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

axeman_12656 wrote:
AndrewT1976 wrote:Nothing personal taken. I don't think Lee has any reason to lie. Also, it's a proven fact that Ozzy and Sharon kind of lie all the time....so....
I don't think Lee has any reason to lie either... matter of fact i don't think he is. could be on the grail tapes
No mention of them being on the master reels when the album was re-mastered for the box set. Must just be on rehearsal cassette tapes.
LeapFrog

Post by LeapFrog »

I guess it depends on what you call "songs." If there is just music, then Max could be thinking there are no more songs.

As far as Ozzy/Sharon holding out on us: It could be a very simple explanation of they just don't remember. I'm certain that they don't go around obsessing over this stuff like we do. And everyone will tell you that Ozzy was really fucked up during this period, so his memory can't be trusted, and why would Sharon know these things? She was busy trying (and doing a good job of it) of putting Ozzy on the map, not hanging around the studio.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

LeapFrog wrote:I guess it depends on what you call "songs." If there is just music, then Max could be thinking there are no more songs.

As far as Ozzy/Sharon holding out on us: It could be a very simple explanation of they just don't remember. I'm certain that they don't go around obsessing over this stuff like we do. And everyone will tell you that Ozzy was really fucked up during this period, so his memory can't be trusted, and why would Sharon know these things? She was busy trying (and doing a good job of it) of putting Ozzy on the map, not hanging around the studio.
True. And even bands are sometimes surprised what turns up. The first band I was in was back in 1985. We (the band) thought there was no footage from back then......20 years later, I guy says..."my brother filmed you guy's when you did a show out side in the summer of 85..!!! He still had it and we were stunned..............
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Lee Kerslake has had thirty years to spill that there are left over songs. He just remembered? 'Round the same time as the boxset re-issue?
Bollocks.

Here's Bob and Lee peddling jam tapes with RR on Facebook.

Sorry, but, THIS is why I find myself falling out with Bob and Lee's stories & intentions.

This tidbit will no doubt keep Bob and Lee's name circulating on chat boards for a couple months.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

shred1 wrote:Lee Kerslake has had thirty years to spill that there are left over songs. He just remembered? 'Round the same time as the boxset re-issue?
Bollocks.

Here's Bob and Lee peddling jam tapes with RR on Facebook.

Sorry, but, THIS is why I find myself falling out with Bob and Lee's stories & intentions.

This tidbit will no doubt keep Bob and Lee's name circulating on chat boards for a couple months.
It's not really appropriate to call it "peddling". There has been a lot more talk about the subject because of the box set.......and the fact that Bob wanted to contribute to it by working WITH Sharon to include a CD that perhaps could have been titled "The Making Of A Blizzard" or something along those lines, was, I thought, a great idea.

If by wanting to release something, and make money from it, because it's to do with RR is "peddling", then the "Tribute" album, and the "Box Set" are the Osbourne's version of "Peddling" as well.

Not to mention any guitar or amp model that has been released.

I think you've forgotten two "tidbit's" that have always kept Bob and Lee's name circulating.....they are called "Blizzard Of Ozz" and "Diary Of A Madman"........................
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

How about dangling then, cause I don't think we will hear the stuff., due to legal reasons discussed here at length.
So, bearing that in mind, there will be tons of speculation, finger-pointing and heated forums about music that in fact is out of reach of everyone but the participants in the BOO feud.

Sorta like playing the 'fans' against the middle, in my opinion.
Not sure why you would announce something like that unless you can have rights to release said songs, otherwise, this is another round of the blame game.

The only monetary value all these 'lost treasures' possess is via the fan's wallets - but to some they are actually more valuable if we never hear'em...