Bob Daisley's grail stuff.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

distortionplus
Cool Member

Bob Daisley's grail stuff.

Post by distortionplus »

I know Bob says he has all this stuff. Stuff that did not make album partial songs. Songs that did make album in progress or being rehearsed. If he really has this stuff obviously much of it would be without any Ozzy vocals on it. Don't understand any legal hang ups with releasing stuff without Ozzy.
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Bob Daisley's grail stuff.

Post by Tito »

maybe cuz it will show that ozzy didnt have shit to do with the writing process i would think?thats my only guess..
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

distortionplus wrote:I know Bob says he has all this stuff. Stuff that did not make album partial songs. Songs that did make album in progress or being rehearsed. If he really has this stuff obviously much of it would be without any Ozzy vocals on it. Don't understand any legal hang ups with releasing stuff without Ozzy.
I'm sure Ozzy's on some of the stuff. And it's possible it'd show the Osbournes that they were wrong about their "history" of how things went.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

distortionplus wrote:I know Bob says he has all this stuff. Stuff that did not make album partial songs. Songs that did make album in progress or being rehearsed. If he really has this stuff obviously much of it would be without any Ozzy vocals on it. Don't understand any legal hang ups with releasing stuff without Ozzy.
the legal hang up is any studio stuff would have been done at the expense of jet so would fall under any contract that was done for blizzard/diary.....sharon now owns all that legal stuff so it would need to be cleared for release.

There is absolutely nothing stopping bob from "leaking" them on to the net, but then he won't make any money from them so that won't happen
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

sytharnia wrote:
the legal hang up is any studio stuff would have been done at the expense of jet so would fall under any contract that was done for blizzard/diary.....sharon now owns all that legal stuff so it would need to be cleared for release.

There is absolutely nothing stopping bob from "leaking" them on to the net, but then he won't make any money from them so that won't happen
Which proves that its absolutely about the money. I know ive slammed the Osbournes a little bit on the forums as of late, but lets look at this one from their perspective. Im assuming that they have not heard Bobs tapes. We also have no way of knowing what they offered him money wise. How much should they offer for stuff they haven't heard? Should they just takes Bobs word that the tapes are the "holy grail"? Bob has 3 choices. He can "leak" the tapes to the internet. He can sell them to the Osbournes for whatever they offered. Or he can take the tapes to his grave and deny all of the Randy fans from ever hearing the "holy grail". If he plans on taking them to his grave, then why did he ever even bring them up to begin with??? Money. Thats why.

Matt
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Remedylane wrote:
sytharnia wrote:

Which proves that its absolutely about the money. I know ive slammed the Osbournes a little bit on the forums as of late, but lets look at this one from their perspective. Im assuming that they have not heard Bobs tapes. We also have no way of knowing what they offered him money wise. How much should they offer for stuff they haven't heard? Should they just takes Bobs word that the tapes are the "holy grail"? Bob has 3 choices. He can "leak" the tapes to the internet. He can sell them to the Osbournes for whatever they offered. Or he can take the tapes to his grave and deny all of the Randy fans from ever hearing the "holy grail". If he plans on taking them to his grave, then why did he ever even bring them up to begin with??? Money. Thats why.

Matt
You make it sound like it's criminal for a hard working man such as Bob to get what he deserves.

Is he poor? No. Do I think he deserves money for his efforts with Osbourne's and whatnot? Yes. If he wants money for the tapes, then so be it. I think he more than deserves it. Especially considering how screwed over he's been with the Osbourne's.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

[/quote]You make it sound like it's criminal for a hard working man such as Bob to get what he deserves.

Is he poor? No. Do I think he deserves money for his efforts with Osbourne's and whatnot? Yes. If he wants money for the tapes, then so be it. I think he more than deserves it. Especially considering how screwed over he's been with the Osbourne's.[/quote]

What is it exactly that he deserves???? I never said he should give the tapes away. But like I said, He has 3 choices. He can sell them to the Osbournes, Leak them onto the net, or take them to his grave. Im not against him wanting money for them. Don't even see how I made it sound criminal. Everything I said was true. While we are on the subject, what entitles Bob to have the rights to the tapes more than Ozzy or Lee?? They are on the tapes too, Bob just somehow ended up with them. Im sure they are Ridge Farm outtakes kinda like the RR solo on the Blizzard remaster. And if the Osbournes haven't even heard the tapes, how can they determine what their value is? How do they know Bob isn't trying to screw them over because he feels they screwed him over? And as far as them screwing Bob over, he and Lee signed their contracts back in the day. Every court in the land has ruled against them. So why do people keep saying he got screwed? Its getting old. There is no doubt that Bob and Lee along with Randy and Ozzy made those 2 albums magical. But its still a buisness. Bob and Lee made a bad buisness decision.

Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

As bad as it is that Bob and Lee got fucked big time in their contracts, they SIGNED them. And as it's been pointed out, every court, including the Supreme Court, has ruled against them. Now I imagine the Supreme Court justices of the United States are privy to all the required documents, testimonies, etc that they'd need to make the correct decision.
It sucks that it worked out that way, but Bob and Lee should have had a lawyer back when they signed those contracts.

I remember when Garni was talking about how the Osbournes "didn't care" about Randy when they wouldn't let him out of his contract. Hello! This isn't Girl Scouts here. What was Ozzy supposed to do, just let his writing partner walk out the door in the middle of a tour? It's absurd to even think of. A promise is a promise and a contract is a contract.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

My guess is Randy would have willingly fulfilled his contract before he left Ozzy. The O's say they were all session guys anyway, so Randy's contract would reflected that.

I think it sucks that the existence of these tapes was brought to light and then they won't ever get to the fans. Why bring it up before there is a contract to release them? It's just another tease for those of us who care.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Remedylane wrote:Which proves that its absolutely about the money. I know ive slammed the Osbournes a little bit on the forums as of late, but lets look at this one from their perspective. Im assuming that they have not heard Bobs tapes. We also have no way of knowing what they offered him money wise. How much should they offer for stuff they haven't heard? Should they just takes Bobs word that the tapes are the "holy grail"? Bob has 3 choices. He can "leak" the tapes to the internet. He can sell them to the Osbournes for whatever they offered. Or he can take the tapes to his grave and deny all of the Randy fans from ever hearing the "holy grail". If he plans on taking them to his grave, then why did he ever even bring them up to begin with??? Money. Thats why.

Matt
yes but at this stage he's not making any money off of randy's name because we don have the grails..so it is a some what mute point.

Personally I have zero interest in these tapes (or the ones sharon says they have)....lots of band have released albums with demo versions of songs etc etc and I find I listen to about half a song and turn it off and it never sees the laser of my CD player again...
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

NicDots wrote:As bad as it is that Bob and Lee got fucked big time in their contracts, they SIGNED them. And as it's been pointed out, every court, including the Supreme Court, has ruled against them. Now I imagine the Supreme Court justices of the United States are privy to all the required documents, testimonies, etc that they'd need to make the correct decision.
It sucks that it worked out that way, but Bob and Lee should have had a lawyer back when they signed those contracts.

I remember when Garni was talking about how the Osbournes "didn't care" about Randy when they wouldn't let him out of his contract. Hello! This isn't Girl Scouts here. What was Ozzy supposed to do, just let his writing partner walk out the door in the middle of a tour? It's absurd to even think of. A promise is a promise and a contract is a contract.

Bob and Lee won their London High Court case in 1986 against Arden and Jet Records for non payment of royalties. And after that, the royalty payments were suppose to continue as the albums kept selling etc, but they didn't, that is why Bob and Lee took them back to court. So not every court in the land ruled against them in that regard. What gives Bob the right to the tapes more so than anyone else..?? because he owns the tapes, not anyone else. But that doesn't mean he owns the music on them. Bob has let people hear bits and pieces from the tapes, to confirm that he does have what he says he has. So it certainly isn't the case that they made bad business decisions, but how long and how much money can they afford to keep running the Osbournes through the court system?
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

Alex wrote:
rokket wrote:So it certainly isn't the case that they made bad business decisions
I disagree. If that wasn't the case, then there would be a signed contract from whatever date 30+ years ago, giving them the rights to these things.

There obviously aren't.
Whats to diagree about? they WON their case in 1986 and received a payout for what was owed up to that point, if the contract hadn't existed they would never have won.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

They got everything due to them from Blizzard, the court issue was over Diary only.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.