Hate To Ask This

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Re: Hate To Ask This

Post by cableguyxx »

AndrewT1976 wrote:In regards to the box set, I was hoping they would throw in a tassled shirt like Ozzy wore instead of that rather pedestrian cross. I think wearing the tasseled shirt and watching the DVD would have really put the viewer "in the moment." lol.
'In the moment' ? :lol: Thats funny Andrew! I could see us all sitting there in tassled Ozzy shirts watching the DVD! hahaha. What a great idea. Unfortunately to get in the real Ozzy moment from that time to watch the DVD, we'd all have to don an evening gown, get shit faced on booze and coked out of our minds! On the bright side, we'd probably see things we'd never seen :lol:

The gold cross as an added bonus was beyond lame. Lets face it, the majority of people that actually dropped coin on this box set are going to be 40 +. WTF are they expecting us to do with that silly thing, other than leave it in the box to complete the set? :roll: In that aspect, they could have done better. I'm very happy otherwise.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Could've done without the cross. How bout a of Randy or a posterof ozzy and Randy if it had to include ozzy.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Geo Sav wrote:Could've done without the cross. How bout a of Randy or a posterof ozzy and Randy if it had to include ozzy.
Unless it includes a photoshopped in Sharon on there, it won't work. :wink:
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

They should have included a poster of the Bob and Lee live lineup. Dutchman posted a few awesome photos the other day. Each day I wake up, I find myself more heavily geared towards the original BOO lineup, and start to think of the Rudy/Tommy lineup as really lame.
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

My first post. Been following this forum since news of the box set surfaced. Some great insights can be found here, and some wild, and emotional speculation too. Fiction you could call it. But had to hit send with this comment about Tommy and Rudy. To say they are 'lame' is obviously an opinion based on emotion, not fact.

Tommy Aldridge frankly buries Lee Kerslake on the drum kit. He has a resume to prove it too. He was playing with Gary Moore when he got the call from Sharon, and Pat Travers before that. Not too shabby for being lame.

Second, and I hate to say this, but, I wouldn't necessarily believe everything Mr. Daisley says.... Fact is, both he and Lee pissed off the Osbournes enough 'somehow', that 30 years later they still hate each other. What gives? Bob and Lee were veterans when they signed on with the Blizzard of Ozz. They know the biz.

He has been in 'final image selection' mode for his upcoming book for over a year.

Just put the book out Bob!

cheers
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Coming right out in your first post and referring to other people's opinions as 'fiction' is certainly a different approach, but freedom of speech is the order of the day here, so, by all means...hopefully you'll understand if folks consider your opinions the same.
Tommy Aldridge and Rudy Sarzo are consumate performers. That seems to be their forte and what folks hire them for: Their abilities to perform on the live stage.
Comparing the actual discographies of recorded music for each rhythm section tells a completely different story altogether.
One can see that Lee has recorded more albums with Uriah Heep than Tommy has with every project in his entire career.
Ozzy had to have Aldridge so bad, yet fired him when the recording of BATM was completed, then rehired him shortly after, only to have Tommy choose to leave permanently following the tour's end in South America.
I really cannot recall Ozzy mentioning Tommy's name since. Or the other way around, for that matter.
You could probably add Tommy to the club of folks who have a problem with the Osbournes, aside from Bob and Lee, I imagine Phil Soussan and Jake E Lee consider themselves members as well.
All of this of course is my own opinion...or fiction, if you like. :wink:
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

shred1 wrote:My first post. Been following this forum since news of the box set surfaced. Some great insights can be found here, and some wild, and emotional speculation too. Fiction you could call it. But had to hit send with this comment about Tommy and Rudy. To say they are 'lame' is obviously an opinion based on emotion, not fact.

Tommy Aldridge frankly buries Lee Kerslake on the drum kit. He has a resume to prove it too. He was playing with Gary Moore when he got the call from Sharon, and Pat Travers before that. Not too shabby for being lame.

Second, and I hate to say this, but, I wouldn't necessarily believe everything Mr. Daisley says.... Fact is, both he and Lee pissed off the Osbournes enough 'somehow', that 30 years later they still hate each other. What gives? Bob and Lee were veterans when they signed on with the Blizzard of Ozz. They know the biz.

He has been in 'final image selection' mode for his upcoming book for over a year.

Just put the book out Bob!

cheers
I couldn't agree more! Very ballsy for your first post, but also very honest. Since we are all being honest, its now my turn..Let me throw a lil gas on the fire and make a statement.

I have the utmost respect for Bob Daisley. He helped create 2 of the most important albums in metal history. But I also think he is full of crap on a lot of things, and I also believe that his main objective when it comes to promoting Randys legacy is the same as the Osbourne's. "How much money can I make"

There I said it!!!!!

Matt
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

Remedylane wrote: I have the utmost respect for Bob Daisley. He helped create 2 of the most important albums in metal history. But I also think he is full of crap on a lot of things, and I also believe that his main objective when it comes to promoting Randys legacy is the same as the Osbourne's. "How much money can I make"

There I said it!!!!!

Matt
I agree totally.................
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

I was just talkin about the whole "vibe" of the BOO vs. DOAMM lineup, and my thoughts are that HAD the Ozzman kept Bob and Lee for a few more tours and albums, you'd probably hear of the Blizzard of Ozz band being one of the best 80's bands of all time, and they probably would have gotten more accolades fro
Rolling Stone magazine because they fostered that tough backstreets UK feel - kind of like the real Black Sabbath did back in the late 60's.

Let's face it, Bob and Lee looked like stoners who could rock. They had a Bob Segar band vibe which in my opinion is bad ass.

Just look at the whole Ozzy/Tommy/Rudy lineup and stage wear during those tours. They look pretty dated and cheesy in today's standards. Ozzy was definitely the cheesiest with his red cup over his sweatpants. Glam didn't look right for that band. Denim and leather did.

Randy was the only member who ALWAYS looked like a real rock star. Rudy did to a certain extent, but his moves were so corny. I mean, really...

Give me two tickets for a Bob/Lee show, or two tickets for a Rudy/Tommy show, and I'd definitely take the former!
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

The original line up is ALWAYS the best. That's where the magic happens.

1. Original Stones line up
2. Original Sabbath line up
3. Original WHO line up
4. Original G'nR line up
5. Original Queen line up
6. Original Floyd line up (w/Barrett, but also with Waters and Gilmour)
7. Original Metallica line up
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

AndrewT1976 wrote:Randy was the only member who ALWAYS looked like a real rock star. Rudy did to a certain extent, but his moves were so corny. I mean, really...
In Rudy's defense, he was asked by Sharon not to move around on stage because it might show up Ozzy. I believe he was told to stick to a little "box" and that was it.

AndrewT1976 wrote:The original line up is ALWAYS the best. That's where the magic happens.

1. Original Stones line up
2. Original Sabbath line up
3. Original WHO line up
4. Original G'nR line up
5. Original Queen line up
6. Original Floyd line up (w/Barrett, but also with Waters and Gilmour)
7. Original Metallica line up
I don't know, I prefer Metallica's second lineup personally. When they replaced Dave on guitar and brought Kirk in. Early Kirk period, they were pretty good.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Cryptic Night wrote:I don't know, I prefer Metallica's second lineup personally. When they replaced Dave on guitar and brought Kirk in. Early Kirk period, they were pretty good.
Hah, early Kirk pretty much played Daves stuff note for note :P

Anyway, about Dave. I think Megadeths best lineup was the RIP one
with Friedman and Nick Menza :) don't kno if it's the 2nd or the 3rd
or even the 4th one?
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Hah, early Kirk pretty much played Daves stuff note for note :P
Well what I meant by early Kirk is 80's Kirk. After that he kind of just became blah for me :lol:
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

kirk always sucked giraffe testicles so theres no difference between early kirk and later...dave mustaine was always a better player..
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

Don't know if i'm allowed to say it or not, but the New Mexico footage is up on youtube for anyone who wants to see it...Go find it yourself though