Hate To Ask This

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Re: Hate To Ask This

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Never been a Pearl Jam fan, but I was all for them fighting the Ticketmaster corporate greed monopoly... more artists need to follow their lead.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

Paul Wolfe wrote:To clarify, a bootleg is not subject to copyright infringement laws, however a bootleg recording is a recording obtained illegally - as in you have to sneak in the recording device and record the performance without consent of the artist. All the RR boots were illegally obtained because bootlegging was illegal at the time (whether it is still considered illegal is a moot point).

I understand the MODs not wanting to post links to the box set stuff.

However, I also have zero problem with people who want the stuff for free. The Pirating industry would never have gotten so big if the music industry hadn't jacked prices to an unaffordable level. The 'music industry' likes to say the Internet has led to their downfall, but really, their greed has caused them to implode. Hollywood is doing the same thing. The Internet has allowed the common man to influence the greedy rich, the battle is not over. Those who set the prices need to learn that if they lower prices they will sell more, raise prices and more pirating will take place. Pretty simple once the greed glasses are removed.

Now, as for the 30th doc... I didn't see it, but wasn't it aired on VH1? If so, anyone with a Tivo or VCR (apologies to the younger members who've never heard of a VCR) could have a free copy to share online, right?

Either way the artist gets screwed here, Paul I do agree that if most industries would lower their prices they would see alot more in sales, also with you on the whole greed thing. But, I have to much respect for the artists that I like than to basically rip them off, which is essentially what you do when you download it for free. Heck, I bought 2 copies of the new Whitesnake cd just because Doug Aldrich is so cool with his fans (Plus, its an absolute kick-ass cd) Granted that is just my opinion on the subject and everyone has a right to their own.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Alex wrote:But the torrents weren't.
So if somebody put out the boxset on a torrent, they wouldn't break any law?
Alex wrote:And like Paul pointed out, anyone with a Tivo or VCR could have recorded that documentary, so I am not completely sure why you are having a hissy fit over those Megaupload links.
Stiltzkin wrote:Wait, so you were not going to buy the boxset, but you want it for free?
And you provided the links for other people to get it for free too?
That is correct.[/quote]

I'm throwing a hissy fit because you obviously have no problem with
"stealing" something (because in the end, it's theft) some artist(or whoever)
put money into just because you don't agree on the price. That my friend
is pure ridiculous :lol: :lol:

So in a few years, when people start to question why there isn't anymore
Rhoads material. Why would somebody feeld the need to buy the source,
market it and then release it, when people like you just want to get it for free?

---

On a side note... Would it really matter if they lowered it from $150 to $50
when people still get it for free ?
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Stiltzkin wrote:
Alex wrote:No. Offering information to where you can find something is not illegal. As I said, if that was the case, then Google would be in deep, frickin' trouble. Offering the downloads themselves, now that is illegal.

I won't budge on that point.
the MegaUpload links you provided is/was a direct pointer to the files.
Alex wrote: Thing is, I would never have bought the boxset, regardless if it was available online or not. So is that really jeopardizing anything, being that they would never have gotten my money in the first place anyway?

Also, if they rely on 100 people or so stepping up, then they are in big trouble as it is already.
Wait, so you were not going to buy the boxset, but you want it for free?
And you provided the links for other people to get it for free too?
What I have yet to grasp is that the O's(or whoever) put up the money
to make this new footage available. Regardless of how much money they have or don't have,
they took action when noone else did.
fortress wrote:your wrong
real classy. wrong about what?

about the quote.... :roll:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:On a side note... Would it really matter if they lowered it from $150 to $50
when people still get it for free ?
Yes, because I could justify that amount for a purchase of something I've had for years. I already have the vinyl - since '81, I've had the CDs since they were first released. The only thing I don't have is the live part of Diary and the DVD. Fifty bucks for that is reasonable, $150 is greedy.

KISS did it right with Kissology $35 per set.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

tedeeoo wrote:But, I have to much respect for the artists that I like than to basically rip them off, which is essentially what you do when you download it for free.
I agree to a point. The fans get ripped off by the high prices, too. I don't buy much music anymore, I've got all the old stuff which is where my tastes reside.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I agree, if you want to download it for free, do the legwork and find it yourself, don't post a request and ask someone else to do all the work for you.
As I've said, I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I thought maybe I'd ask a nice community if anyone had been able to find it, and if I may be given some links or something to get it myself. Nobody had to help me, but it was worth a shot.

On a side note, I'm sorry I ever made this thread. :roll:
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:The fans get ripped off by the high prices, too.
But who decides the price? :)
I'm not gonna say what a reasonable price would be
because there's obviously alotta people that has to get paid
not to mention there has to be a certain income to even consider
sending any artist on tour.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Cryptic Night wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:I agree, if you want to download it for free, do the legwork and find it yourself, don't post a request and ask someone else to do all the work for you.
As I've said, I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I thought maybe I'd ask a nice community if anyone had been able to find it, and if I may be given some links or something to get it myself. Nobody had to help me, but it was worth a shot.

Cryptic Night wrote:

The audio are everywhere but didnt fine the footage yet. BUt i'm sure it will popup eventually. WE just asked people here cuz we all been on this site for alot of years hoping for new footage. Personnaly, i would have shared everything i had from Randy.. for all the years they have us wait, i will sincerely no cry or have a tears for the Osbournes not having my 150$ for the box set. They have tons of stuff and they just dont release it so screw them.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

I mean, just release the footage alone and we will all buying it...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

fortress wrote:Personnaly, i would have shared everything i had from Randy.. for all the years they have us wait, i will sincerely no cry or have a tears for the Osbournes not having my 150$ for the box set. They have tons of stuff and they just dont release it so screw them.
Let's say you have spent a vast amount of $$$ on Randy material for years.
Everything from obscure bootlegs to unknown audio/video recordings.
One of these items could be the stuff from the Phoenix bros. We'll put
a number oon it, let's say you spent $1000 over the course of 30 years.

Now Randy fans know that this material is around, they begin to scream
about how they want a last glimpse of their long gone hero.
So you've spent $1000 in money and around 30 years of effort in even
finding all this material. Would you let it go for free?
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Stiltzkin wrote:
fortress wrote:Personnaly, i would have shared everything i had from Randy.. for all the years they have us wait, i will sincerely no cry or have a tears for the Osbournes not having my 150$ for the box set. They have tons of stuff and they just dont release it so screw them.
Let's say you have spent a vast amount of $$$ on Randy material for years.
Everything from obscure bootlegs to unknown audio/video recordings.
One of these items could be the stuff from the Phoenix bros. We'll put
a number oon it, let's say you spent $1000 over the course of 30 years.

Now Randy fans know that this material is around, they begin to scream
about how they want a last glimpse of their long gone hero.
So you've spent $1000 in money and around 30 years of effort in even
finding all this material. Would you let it go for free?

I did buy 2 radio controlled car that costed me 500$ each (for my 2 kids).. When my friends come to my house, i didnt mind racing with them using one. I Pay for the parts, maintenance etc etc.. I have one of my friend who is kind of rich guy who have a boats, snowmobile etc etc. He always invite a bunch of friends on his boat and just dont ask anything to anybody...

YOu know? i just dont care to share with people.. AT the end of the day, people forgot that its just damn ffreaking video, just material.. All this a alot of bullshit.

(sorry for my bad english, i'm still learning)