New Guitar World Randy Cover

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

Re: New Guitar World Randy Cover

Post by hansolo »

Yeah, Randy had a girlfriend at that time. But Sharon made it sound like - "Wife swap" was cool with her even though she wasn't there at the first album (from what I heard). We've all done certain girls being a horny dude with nothing else to do...
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Poor Randy was thinking about just keeping his job.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

dasboot wrote:GW did such a great job in 87 but this sucked. All rehash except for the horrible Sharon comments mentioned here. It also pissed me off when she referred to Randy as a 'little shit'. Even the transcription and performance notes have been published before. I have the issue. The private lesson on i dont know live was cool. They could have at least transcribed ylamlay or ysia. And most of the pics wernt good.
Even more odd was her description of Randy on the doc, referring to him as a "blonde thing". :?
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

dasboot wrote:It also pissed me off when she referred to Randy as a 'little shit'.
I'm not sticking up for anyone, but "little shit" is actually a good saying. My wife calls me a little shit or a hot shit. It just means someone is very funny and a bit mischievous. It's not putting him down at all. It's easy for some things to be misinterpreted. :)
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Sharon does seem to be writing herself more into the band's history, as time passes, but then, who is around to refute her?
From Bob's 'History With The Osbournes' on his site:

5. Who managed the band from day one and when did Sharon get involved?

BD. Don Arden had signed Black Sabbath to his Jet Records label but when the Sabs fired Ozzy for being 'out of it' and non-productive, Don decided to keep Ozzy. Don's daughter Sharon phoned me in London from L.A. to see if I knew any guitarists for Ozzy's band which was being planned. Sharon was taking care of her dad's investment and looking after Ozzy's needs, whatever they were. Don's son David Arden took care of Ozzy's management when Ozzy returned to England from America during the second half of 1979, through the formation of 'The Blizzard of Ozz' and then through the recording of the first album; Sharon was still in America. The London Jet Records office/David Arden managed Ozzy/The Blizzard of Ozz from conception until after the first album was recorded and released. I think it was August 1980 when Sharon returned from America and got involved with the 'bandwagon' that was already well and truly rolling. When she and Ozzy got romantically involved during the first U.K. tour in late 1980, she took over the day-to-day management and eventually, later, exclusive management in 1982.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Well, literally, the term wife swap would mean that Jodi was involved too. I think Sharon was either misquoted or displaying her rather poor vocabulary. I've actually seen and heard Sharon use words that are totally just...not correct for what she's trying to say. I'll never forget when she was asked about Anna Nicole Smith and Howard K. Stern (Anna's lawyer at the time). She was talking about how much she disliked him and how he was "precocious." :shock: She of course was wording this as if it was an insult. She clearly doesn't know what "precocious" means cause she was actually paying the man a compliment! :lol: Perhaps she was referring to her situation with Ozzy and that maybe OZZY (not Randy) was playing wife swap (seeing as he was going woman to woman at the time)? I don't have the article or magazine but perhaps that is what she was trying to say.
We can't forget that Ozzy and Sharon didn't any schooling past the 8th grade and probably phrase things poorly and have bad diction.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

NicDots wrote:Well, literally, the term wife swap would mean that Jodi was involved too. I think Sharon was either misquoted or displaying her rather poor vocabulary. I've actually seen and heard Sharon use words that are totally just...not correct for what she's trying to say. I'll never forget when she was asked about Anna Nicole Smith and Howard K. Stern (Anna's lawyer at the time). She was talking about how much she disliked him and how he was "precocious." :shock: She of course was wording this as if it was an insult. She clearly doesn't know what "precocious" means cause she was actually paying the man a compliment! :lol: Perhaps she was referring to her situation with Ozzy and that maybe OZZY (not Randy) was playing wife swap (seeing as he was going woman to woman at the time)? I don't have the article or magazine but perhaps that is what she was trying to say.
We can't forget that Ozzy and Sharon didn't any schooling past the 8th grade and probably phrase things poorly and have bad diction.
Ah, good point. That does make more sense. Things always get misinterpreted.
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

I agree it was some rehashed info we all pretty muck knew but the pictures where cool -also Im sure RR never lacked for female company and would not have banged Sharon no matter how drunk he might have got--shes just wishing out loud
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

just got mine in the mail. gonna have to make some toilet time. :evil:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I got my copy yesterday and some of the pics are awesome check em out. :wink:
Attachments
000_0013.jpg
000_0010.jpg
000_0012.jpg
000_0008.jpg
000_0004.jpg
000_0007.jpg
000_0005.jpg
000_0009.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This pic is almost biblical
Attachments
000_0003.jpg
000_0014.jpg
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Dude, that pic IS biblical. Randy, shredding in the rays of the sun. His guitar looks like the staff of God or something. Awe-inspiring!
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Guitaridol, thank you very much for the scans!!! I´ve looking for GW mag, but haven´t got a glimpse of it! I´m still looking and I´m gonna get it!!! Still waiting for my copy of Joel McIver´s book... they don´t hurry, since I´ve paid it already... gosh! :|
Mikel
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

stealaway wrote:Guitaridol, thank you very much for the scans!!! I´ve looking for GW mag, but haven´t got a glimpse of it! I´m still looking and I´m gonna get it!!! Still waiting for my copy of Joel McIver´s book... they don´t hurry, since I´ve paid it already... gosh! :|
It has just came out in the UK 1st July so you should be able to get it in any good newsagents in Europe.
I'm waiting for my copy of the book i've just bagged one from ebay for a reasonable price. Looking forward to reading that one.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Got it!!! Local store had few copies, so I picked one up- to go wíth groceries!!!
Mikel