The Official New Footage (NYC and NM) Thread (Box Spoilers)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Robthewild1

The Official New Footage (NYC and NM) Thread (Box Spoilers)

Post by Robthewild1 »

Hey yall, I noticed there is no threads discussing the newly released footage from the Boxset!

So I said, hell...I'll start it up for us :) Basically just a general discussion on it, what you thought, favorite bits, blah blah blah. Whatever you want.

-----
So, someone wanna start us off?
"I don't wanna stop here..." -Randy Rhoads
oth
Mass Poster

Re: The Official New Footage (NYC and NM) Thread (Box Spoile

Post by oth »

a)it sucks
b)youre not allowed to talk about it here yet because you may upset peeps who havent seen it yet!??
c)all of the above
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
xk319

Post by xk319 »

then tell us what sucks in detail!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

its just a hypothesis of mine im busy working on at this time...my findings will follow.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I have watched the Bonus material everyday but 1 since i have had it... and it wasn't until last night that i watched and was thinking... "Wow... This really is awesome stuff" We are all taking it for granted. I think we expected a little more because the snippets we saw on the trailer were really close up... but the general shot when you actually see the material is a little further back and Randy isn't as close as he appeared on the clips. Also the tapes only being 3:20 long should have been a little more discussed before the release so people knew for sure to expect that.

The highlight for me is Paranoid. It is the full song and Randy tears that solo up. I also like the bridge in the last verse where Randy plays the wrong part and you see Ozzy look at him like WTF. CLASSIC, and it shows that Randy was human. Never dreamed I would see footage of my hero playing Flying High Again. I'm very thankful

New Mexico leaves you wanting to see the rest of the show so bad. But the highlight of that footage for me is the outro of Over The Mountain when the camara zooms in on randy's guitar!!! AMAZING!!!!! Another part, even though very small, that i adore is just seeing Randy walk out during the intro and look at Tommy waiting for the drum role to kick in and begin the show. It's the small details that I love.

THANK GOD we FINALLY have the end all be all version of After Hours!! its unreal to see it so clear after years of shitty bootlegs. I'm cool with the edit of Ozzy's flub on Crazy Train. It doesn't really change anything. The Audio sounds so much better than what I am used to.

What is missing in the BEST NEW TALENT AWARD footage from MTV. That would have capped everything off.

After watching the doc.. who here wouldn't give their first born child of the acoustic version of Revelation Mother Earth?!?!?! It sounds beautiful. I would have rather had a guitar vocal mix on that song than Goodbye to Romance.

EVERYONE... Please just enjoy this set... Don't over analyze it.. Don't tear it to peices... just enjoy it and BE THANKFUL.
Last edited by axeman_12656 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

I've seen this from a friend. Personally i'm not buying this until there's a stand alone DVD. If not, oh well, no big deal.
The Palladium footage is "fair" quality at BEST (just a shade above bootleg quality). I think the Osbourne's over-used the word "amazing" to describe this. It sounded more like a sales pitch.
The premium quality of After Hours would be the reason to own this after far too many unclear bootlegs floating around.

BTW....the thread says "spoiler". So if someone doesn't want to read about it...they should know better than to click in here.
wave maker

Post by wave maker »

Very cool to see DOAM footage...I'm confused about Randy's guitars....the one he is using for Over the Mountain is not the same guitar as seen in After Hours..(i was not aware or have forgotten that there were 2 white V's). Probably discussed in previous threads but can anyone sort me out on this??
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

wave maker wrote:Very cool to see DOAM footage...I'm confused about Randy's guitars....the one he is using for Over the Mountain is not the same guitar as seen in After Hours..(i was not aware or have forgotten that there were 2 white V's). Probably discussed in previous threads but can anyone sort me out on this??
There was only 1 white Jackson guitar.

I haven't seen the footage, but I'm sure it was the same guitar.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
jimiforrest

Post by jimiforrest »

The white Jackson (Concord) that he uses on Over The Mountain on the DOAM footage is sitting on a stand to the right of Randy's amps in the After Hours footage. Same guitar.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Why isnt this stuff on youtube yet?
wave maker

Post by wave maker »

The volume/tone pots look like they are in a different position than the guitar sitting on the stand in After Hours. It must be the camera angle / lights...anybody else notice this or I am finally cracking up...
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

axeman_12656 wrote:I have watched the Bonus material everyday but 1 since i have had it... and it wasn't until last night that i watched and was thinking... "Wow... This really is awesome stuff" We are all taking it for granted. I think we expected a little more because the snippets we saw on the trailer were really close up... but the general shot when you actually see the material is a little further back and Randy isn't as close as he appeared on the clips. Also the tapes only being 3:20 long should have been a little more discussed before the release so people knew for sure to expect that.

The highlight for me is Paranoid. It is the full song and Randy tears that solo up. I also like the bridge in the last verse where Randy plays the wrong part and you see Ozzy look at him like WTF. CLASSIC, and it shows that Randy was human. Never dreamed I would see footage of my hero playing Flying High Again. I'm very thankful

New Mexico leaves you wanting to see the rest of the show so bad. But the highlight of that footage for me is the outro of Over The Mountain when the camara zooms in on randy's guitar!!! AMAZING!!!!! Another part, even though very small, that i adore is just seeing Randy walk out during the intro and look at Tommy waiting for the drum role to kick in and begin the show. It's the small details that I love.

THANK GOD we FINALLY have the end all be all version of After Hours!! its unreal to see it so clear after years of shitty bootlegs. I'm cool with the edit of Ozzy's flub on Crazy Train. It doesn't really change anything. The Audio sounds so much better than what I am used to.

What is missing in the BEST NEW TALENT AWARD footage from MTV. That would have capped everything off.

After watching the doc.. who here wouldn't give their first born child of the acoustic version of Revelation Mother Earth?!?!?! It sounds beautiful. I would have rather had a guitar vocal mix on that song than Goodbye to Romance.

EVERYONE... Please just enjoy this set... Don't over analyze it.. Don't tear it to peices... just enjoy it and BE THANKFUL.

Great synopsis! I agree 100% There is obviously more little stuff that RR fans would love to see or hear but that might not be meaningful to the general Ozzy fan. I think they did a great job of trying to make everyone happy. The more I watch and listen to the box set, the more I'm glad I got it. I think we all would hope for some sort of Randy-centric release in the future, although the box set is definitely Randy heavy.
tone1963

Post by tone1963 »

cableguyxx wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote:I have watched the Bonus material everyday but 1 since i have had it... and it wasn't until last night that i watched and was thinking... "Wow... This really is awesome stuff" We are all taking it for granted. I think we expected a little more because the snippets we saw on the trailer were really close up... but the general shot when you actually see the material is a little further back and Randy isn't as close as he appeared on the clips. Also the tapes only being 3:20 long should have been a little more discussed before the release so people knew for sure to expect that.

Great synopsis! I agree 100% There is obviously more little stuff that RR fans would love to see or hear but that might not be meaningful to the general Ozzy fan. I think they did a great job of trying to make everyone happy. The more I watch and listen to the box set, the more I'm glad I got it. I think we all would hope for some sort of Randy-centric release in the future, although the box set is definitely Randy heavy.
+1
I'm glad I purchased the box set
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

tone1963 wrote:
cableguyxx wrote:

+1
I'm glad I purchased the box set
+2
No regrets yet!

btw. because we have seen it so many times already we don't even realize, but the long awaited "After Hours" show finally in the best quality is probably the Holy Grail. I am very happy with it!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Forgive me if I overlooked it but has anyone said if there's footage of the Spotlight Solo?