Which performances are on the Live CD?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AceVader
Cool Member

Re: Which performances are on the Live CD?

Post by AceVader »

It's available digitally on Amazon as well. Thats how I acquired some of the tracks.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Jazznroll wrote:I think they did some sort of fake doubletracking on ozzys vox.

If they did, it had to have been back in the day as has been mentioned elsewhere on this board. No way Ozzy could lay these tracks down now with his aging pipes. It doesnt sound auto-tuned to me. Double-tracked later (in the 80s) is a distinct possibility, since the studio stuff is obviously double and triple tracked, especially on BOO.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

AceVader wrote:
Jazznroll wrote:I think they did some sort of fake doubletracking on ozzys vox.

If they did, it had to have been back in the day as has been mentioned elsewhere on this board. No way Ozzy could lay these tracks down now with his aging pipes. It doesnt sound auto-tuned to me. Double-tracked later (in the 80s) is a distinct possibility, since the studio stuff is obviously double and triple tracked, especially on BOO.
Im saying they just took the live track and pasted it over itself panned it abit and that was it no re recording, i thought this when i heard fha, plus if you got a multitrack recorder like me its fun to do and makes the vox stand out abit.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

"No, this is the end. Believe me, if I had a suitcase full of Randy's playing I would gladly put it out. We have rehearsal tapes and goofing around, but nothing he would be proud of and we would be proud of. This is the finest I have on Randy Rhoads and knowing Randy like I did, if he were alive he wouldn't even want this album to be put out. He'd say it's rubbish. He wouldn't like this album, I know that, but this is the best I have."

- Ozzy.

Sorry. I just had to post it. Gives me a chuckle every time I think about how often and how long everyone has said there isnt any more of Randy to be released.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Maybe Ozzy´s suitcases were empty [or full of beer-cans!!! :lol: ] and Randy tapes were in Sharon´s handbags!!! :D
Mikel
jimiforrest

Post by jimiforrest »

I'm guessing this is a two-track board tape(s). Very difficult to overdub, if not impossible. Could they add to it? Absolutely. Crowley is from the Diary tour...listen to the extended intro.
El Cochino

Post by El Cochino »

The more I listen to these tracks I come to the conclusion that when the vocals on Tribute were recorded, there were several takes and/or versions. I bet if you strip away the double tracking (on Ozzy's vocals) on Tribute it could be argued that the vocals on this new live CD is from the same recording session. Hey... I've got no problem with that, the CD sounds AMAZING!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/BruinJer/HeavenHell.jpg[/img]
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I studied Mr. Crowley tonight and went through all the boots I have. None of them matches with this live cd version.
But the Keyboard intro does, this intro has to be from the 1980 first blizzard tour, it's exactly played like in Manchester, Ipwich and Chelmford, can't be a coincidence imo. So I say the keyboard intro is from Southampton 1980.
Mr. Crowley itself ends in 1980 as far on the boots we have usually with the same bridge that's always there before the 2nd solo. In this live cd recording it doesn't end like that. So it can't be a 1980 recording. (assuming the didn't cut/paste in this recording...)
When listening to the outro, say the last 15 seconds where Randy isn't really playing anymore with the band but just making noise one can hear some very high pitched feedback squals. They are all there in the 1981 boots from the Blizzard tour. None of those very high squals in the outro can be heard in the 1982 boots we have. (another sign his 1982 sound was less dynamic compared with his 1981 sound)
So the Mr. Crowley has to be a 1981 recording, I'm very sure about that. It's not Montreal or Cleveland....... so there must be a third show out there recorded pro in 1981...... And it is from a 1981 show we don't have a boot from yet either.

(this makes me think about what Dave T. said..... the show I suspect: May 22nd 1981 - Checkerdome, St. Louis, MO assuming Dave T. didn't talk crap]
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

keyboard intro was also at london right? at least what it says for the track used on flying live again, but it flows straight into the intro keys for crowley on this they kinda stop as if the actual intro and song was taken from a different show
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
kevinkyle46542

Post by kevinkyle46542 »

intresting you guys here are a stumpted as i am about certain songs,,,,do we agree that the sabbath stuff is all one gig? it sounds all very flowing and tone wise pretty good, side note only oz could get away with calling his crownd a bunch of dummies?? lol !! (iron man), FHA is most definitly montreal, i feel heavy about beliver until i heard the solo....now again i am wondering where this came from...and its definetly randy...no doubt in my mind we have not been duped
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Is it just me or does Randy have an awesome amount of NASTY growl on Believer here?? Never heard that sound. A bit on SS, too, but not like Believer. GREAT tone. Wow.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

The solo spot, alot of stuff is from Quiet Riot Days (im talking about what he play starting at 6:00). On Tribute, its alot more polished and reworked.

So, i assume its an early show!!
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

AndrewT1976 wrote:maybe back in 87' they did vocal overdubs for several live shows. then picked the performance that would ultimately be Tribute.
No, it's definitely from pre-1982.

Ozzy's voice changed significantly after that for the rest of the 80's. I mean, listen to any boot, and listen to Tribute and you can tell Ozzy's voice characteristics had changed dramatically.

Hell, his voice didn't sound like his voice on BOO and DOAM from when he recorded BATM.

I would think that they took a few good performances from Ozzy from that time period and spliced them. (Early in the BOO tour, Ozzy's voice was good.)
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Is anyone able to contact Kevin Churko? He's the one that mixed and worked on the live CD. Maybe he was asked not to say anything. I don't understand why everything has to be a secret.