30 years after the blizzard vh1

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Mozart82

Re: 30 years after the blizzard vh1

Post by Mozart82 »

My favorite parts are the soloed Revelation classical guitar parts each time and when Ozzy says He was a F#@n' genius! Randy's Jam at the end of the song was cool too. I like Steve Vai and Nikki's comments. The footage clips were cool but too short. I can't wait to see the full concert clips. 8) :D
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

i haven't seen it yet, i'll have to keep my eyes open :)
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

I totally agree with previous comments how the should have included Bob, Lee & Max in the doco - after all those 3 made up 3/5 of the magic that we all know & love that's on Blizzard & Diary (other 2/5 obviously Randy & Ozzy.)
Yes it promised so much & delivered very little & as a 30th anniversary doco it should have been much much better.
Mind you what really got me fighting back the tears was right at the end when Zakk says "thanx Randall" - I dunno if it could have been put any better...
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

barossadude wrote:I totally agree with previous comments how the should have included Bob, Lee & Max in the doco - after all those 3 made up 3/5 of the magic that we all know & love that's on Blizzard & Diary (other 2/5 obviously Randy & Ozzy.)
Yes it promised so much & delivered very little & as a 30th anniversary doco it should have been much much better.
Mind you what really got me fighting back the tears was right at the end when Zakk says "thanx Randall" - I dunno if it could have been put any better...
Stated perfectly barossadude. It is horribly awful that Sharon is such a wicked witch. To not include Bob, Lee, and Max in this is unconscionablly evil and remarkably shortsighted.
I didnt mind Zakk playing along with Randy as it does show his being a huge fan of Randy's - not a bad endoresement for the newer Ozzzy fans (post-Randy).

All in all a barely decent presentation, marred only by one woman's greed and incompetance.
rhoads_forever

Post by rhoads_forever »

Not having Max was a bonehead move, the engineer (forgot his name) is a moron. Not having Bob or Lee I can understand, this Doc is from the Ozzy camp, not Peter or another filmakers POV.

I did enjoy the doc however. The little video they had was ok, I certainly didn't expect a pro shot from Randy's side. Ozzy was the star attraction, hence the camera following Ozzy.

I hope that the box set DVD is a full doc, just seems like the VH1 doc was cut down.

I got chills listening to the solo tracks and Ozzy listening to Dee (and throwing the kiss) at the end. Zakk was pretty good too, I would like to have a separate spot on the DVD for Zakks playing and the moron engineer solo Randy's solo's.

As much as I'm a Randy freak, I feel $150 is outrageous for this box set. Maybe after a couple months when they come down in price I'll buy them, we'll see. I've grown up with Randy (figuratively speaking) so hearing remasters of Blizzard and Diary are not worth $150 (to me).
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

I WATCHED IT THE LAST 2 NIGHTS & IT'S ON AGAIN TONIGHT @ 7PM CENTRAL TIME(oops caps)
i wish i had a dvd-r because the outtake stuff was pure Randy awesomeness.
i'd love to hear the iso parts on the original tapes.

i did think it was kind of cheesy how they did just Randy & ozzy's tracks on goodbye to romance.i'm sure there's a legal reason for that.

just give sharon her pointy hat & broomstick now. :roll:
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

rhoads_forever wrote:Not having Max was a bonehead move, the engineer (forgot his name) is a moron. Not having Bob or Lee I can understand, this Doc is from the Ozzy camp, not Peter or another filmakers POV.

I did enjoy the doc however. The little video they had was ok, I certainly didn't expect a pro shot from Randy's side. Ozzy was the star attraction, hence the camera following Ozzy.

I hope that the box set DVD is a full doc, just seems like the VH1 doc was cut down.

I got chills listening to the solo tracks and Ozzy listening to Dee (and throwing the kiss) at the end. Zakk was pretty good too, I would like to have a separate spot on the DVD for Zakks playing and the moron engineer solo Randy's solo's.

As much as I'm a Randy freak, I feel $150 is outrageous for this box set. Maybe after a couple months when they come down in price I'll buy them, we'll see. I've grown up with Randy (figuratively speaking) so hearing remasters of Blizzard and Diary are not worth $150 (to me).

it was outrageous and proposterous to only include the DVD in a way overpriced $150 boxset. No excuse that you couldnt' buy the DVD/2 CD set. None.
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

halo8th wrote:
rhoads_forever wrote:Not having Max was a bonehead move, the engineer (forgot his name) is a moron. Not having Bob or Lee I can understand, this Doc is from the Ozzy camp, not Peter or another filmakers POV.

it was outrageous and proposterous to only include the DVD in a way overpriced $150 boxset. No excuse that you couldnt' buy the DVD/2 CD set. None.

Have a look on youtube.
Im not gonna give the link on here but if you search for the following member Zammarikthe2nd and have a look at his videos you will see he has uploaded the tv version of the documentary in 5 parts.

Jas.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The coffee table book that comes with the box set ?. Are the pics/stills that are shown in the 30 year Blizzard film, the same ones that are in this book. As i recognised a couple from the pics that have been posted up from the book.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

I wonder how they got the pix of randy standing outside the tour bus.The guy that took those pix used to sell copies on ebay.He went by travarrow.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Not all from the trailer are in the book, Shaun. I thought for sure the pic of Randy and Ozzy with the record awards would be in there. The book is quality and a good deal of the photos were new to me. :D

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

oth wrote:I wonder how they got the pix of randy standing outside the tour bus.The guy that took those pix used to sell copies on ebay.He went by travarrow.
The guy may of sent Ozzy a set of those pics. Or he may of giving them permission to use them. In the closing titles i noticed the photographers names, was that guy mentioned ?. I see the youtube links have been disabled due to copyright claim.