The Official "I just received my 30th BOX SET today!" thread

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Guitarworks68

Re: The Official "I just received my 30th BOX SET today!" th

Post by Guitarworks68 »

Jazznroll wrote:Looks 'rad man' cheers for sharing photos also is the live cd a mix of gigs or just montreal?
Actually....I had to book it to work and havent listened to it yet, but I think it is various songs from different shows.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Guitarworks68 wrote:
Jazznroll wrote:Looks 'rad man' cheers for sharing photos also is the live cd a mix of gigs or just montreal?
Actually....I had to book it to work and havent listened to it yet, but I think it is various songs from different shows.
Never mind i just got mine i dont think its montreal, its mega!! Not impress with the blizzard booklet and packaging, the diary one card which is nice.
EDIT.
sounds like an early 81 gig mixed with late one, like rochester, some new fills in crowley, the drum and bass sound like they only learnt beliver recentley.. Im chuffed. :D sorry for clogging up your thread.
windingrhoads

Post by windingrhoads »

Very nice, thanks for taking the time to post these pics. Actually, I'm surprised that one of the members here said they were not impressed with the booklet? I think it looks pretty cool. The only thing I can't understand is why they didn't put more in the gatefold, pics or whatnot? Can you tell me if the BOO or DOAM come with CD booklets? One would hope that we could get the same booklet that comes in the single version being sold in stores?
Guitarworks68

Post by Guitarworks68 »

windingrhoads wrote:Very nice, thanks for taking the time to post these pics. Actually, I'm surprised that one of the members here said they were not impressed with the booklet? I think it looks pretty cool. The only thing I can't understand is why they didn't put more in the gatefold, pics or whatnot? Can you tell me if the BOO or DOAM come with CD booklets? One would hope that we could get the same booklet that comes in the single version being sold in stores?
Windingrhoads....you are welcome. I personally love the coffee table book...Sure there are a lot of pics I've seen before, but many I haven't. The CD's just fit into a slot on one side and the vinyl on the other side comes with the original sleeve that was with Diary and Blizzard..lyrics etc.
richemms

Post by richemms »

Got mine! UK too! Nice one Ozzy!
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

SOOOOO??? what about the footage?? is it worth it or not?? are we just seeing ozzy ?? talk talk. This is the moment we all have waited for and no real comments about what we were intereseted in.. THE FOOTAGE :)
richemms

Post by richemms »

I'm watching it now!!! More in the next hour!
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

My wife just called me at work (10:00 a.m), it just arrived!!!!!!!! She opened it and went through it all over the phone with me, giving me the details on everything. Now the gears are turning on a good excuse to get the hell out of here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might just have to go with Tito's 'bad pork' idea! :twisted:

Edit: Forgot to add location: Sudbury (Northern Ontario), Canada. Still trying to sneak out to go home!!!!
Last edited by Whipper on Fri May 27, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ric

Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

windingrhoads wrote:Very nice, thanks for taking the time to post these pics. Actually, I'm surprised that one of the members here said they were not impressed with the booklet? I think it looks pretty cool. The only thing I can't understand is why they didn't put more in the gatefold, pics or whatnot? Can you tell me if the BOO or DOAM come with CD booklets? One would hope that we could get the same booklet that comes in the single version being sold in stores?
I aint got the box, i got the cds in post and aint impressed with the BOOKLET in blizzard is what i meant, also on the cd at the end of dee it sort of drops out for second so maybe a hitch on tape.
richemms

Post by richemms »

I'm not going to give ANY spoilers - but all I can say is -- the best $150.00 I've EVER spent.
Highlights : RR solo, 1982 footage (soundboard recording too), 1981 NYC Footage is cool and what we expected, remasters are awesome, Live CD in better than tribute (RR solo is FAR better!).
Guys, please support this and not download it -- we wanna see more from OZZY and I believe there's more from him with Randy.
Zakk Wylde rocks too. Hat off to the guy!
As much as this box set is about Ozzy - it's also about Randy too.
I'm happy -- VERY HAPPY!
ShaolinGuitarMaster

Post by ShaolinGuitarMaster »

richemms wrote: As much as this box set is about Ozzy - it's also about Randy too.
For me, this box is about RANDY!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Awsome you guys are lucky. I can't wait
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

Weird. My boxset is sitting in Knoxville....

"Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 06/01/2011, By End of Day
Last Location:
Departed - Knoxville, TN, United States, Friday, 05/27/2011"
tone1963

Post by tone1963 »

Got mine yesterday (May 26th) Ottawa, Canada
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

zennman wrote:Weird. My boxset is sitting in Knoxville....

"Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 06/01/2011, By End of Day
Last Location:
Departed - Knoxville, TN, United States, Friday, 05/27/2011"
UPS tracking is absolutely horrendous!!!! Last night, when it updated after the weather delay notice, it said expected delivery is Monday (it was originally Friday today). Then when it updated as having arriving in my city, it actually changed to Tuesday?!?!?! Why in hell would they add another day to the ETA after it gets that close to the destination?!! It's been sitting on my kitchen table for the last 3 hours now, yet it's still telling me to expect it 4 days from now! :shock: :roll:
Last edited by Whipper on Fri May 27, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ric