SPOILER ALERT!!! Box Set Etiquette

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

dmnjr
Cool Member

SPOILER ALERT!!! Box Set Etiquette

Post by dmnjr »

Fellow Randy fans, I've been thinking about this lately. With all the hype surrounding the box set this weekend and the coming days, I'm asking that we refrain from putting spoilers in the headlines. For most of us, $150 isn't on the cheap, and I'd rather not see a post headline reading "DVD a waste, barely any Randy footage" or "Zero Diary Footage" and such before we get our merchandise. Let us decide for ourselves. Some of the posts on here are rather sad and whiney lately, saying as that I've waited over 20 years to see new footage!! 30 minutes plus of QUALITY Palladium footage is nothing to sneeze at!!! You can't please everyone, and there are some of us that didn't grow up in instant-interent-era of Youtube, where everything has been uploaded quickly and free. I spent many a weekend combing the record stores and magazines as a pimple-faced teenager looking for bootleg footage and cds. :lol: It is what kept the Randy aura and mystique alive for me!!

All I'm saying is don't spoil it for everyone if you get your stuff before everyone else and are not pleased that you didn't get 70 plus minutes of Diary Pro-Shot footage. We know it's not going to be on there.
ncm

Re: SPOILER ALERT!!! Box Set Etiquette

Post by ncm »

Well said, i second that.
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

Yeh I couldnt agree more with this, im looking forward to reading peoples responses and opinions on the footage and the various other items but Ied rather not see pictures of the footage until I get it. I might get it later you see being from the uk.
richemms

Post by richemms »

all in favour of NO negativity.

Mine should arrive tomorrow as it's mid-Atlantic at the moment. Hopefully UPS will deliver!

I'd sell my soul for 30 mins of ANY Randy footage - so all you'll hear from me is "YESSSSSSSS!!!"
deportationblues

Post by deportationblues »

I'd propose a moratorium on any spoilers for the boxset until June 3rd. In case people overseas get it late.
dB
kevinkyle46542

Post by kevinkyle46542 »

agreed, to tell the truth ANYTHING NEW or cleaned up randy is more than welcome in this household, restored or what ever if its got to do with our hero its welcome here, so if anybody is dissatisfied, i take extra copies at a devalued price!!!! LOL
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Well said, D...and seconded!
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
juray

Post by juray »

I COMPLETELY 100% agree with this - we owe it to ourselves to enjoy it!!!
ShaolinGuitarMaster

Post by ShaolinGuitarMaster »

Agreed, as long as Sharon didn't crap in my box.....set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSRGMrnRt-E

...because if she did, I'm telling everyone. :)
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

ShaolinGuitarMaster wrote:Agreed, as long as Sharon didn't crap in my box.....set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSRGMrnRt-E

...because if she did, I'm telling everyone. :)

Ha ha ha , i expect to recieve a turd in a box seen as thogh i cancelled my boxset in favour of not been robbed.
tone1963

Post by tone1963 »

100% agree... I should get mine any minute now. I'm planning to stay away from the Forum for a few days.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

dmnjr wrote:Fellow Randy fans, I've been thinking about this lately. With all the hype surrounding the box set this weekend and the coming days, I'm asking that we refrain from putting spoilers in the headlines. For most of us, $150 isn't on the cheap, and I'd rather not see a post headline reading "DVD a waste, barely any Randy footage" or "Zero Diary Footage" and such before we get our merchandise. Let us decide for ourselves. Some of the posts on here are rather sad and whiney lately, saying as that I've waited over 20 years to see new footage!! 30 minutes plus of QUALITY Palladium footage is nothing to sneeze at!!! You can't please everyone, and there are some of us that didn't grow up in instant-interent-era of Youtube, where everything has been uploaded quickly and free. I spent many a weekend combing the record stores and magazines as a pimple-faced teenager looking for bootleg footage and cds. :lol: It is what kept the Randy aura and mystique alive for me!!

All I'm saying is don't spoil it for everyone if you get your stuff before everyone else and are not pleased that you didn't get 70 plus minutes of Diary Pro-Shot footage. We know it's not going to be on there.
This site is for discussing RR. Why don't do refrain from logging on this site. I lot of us are waiting to buy this based on value by what is in it. So I'd like it discussed!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

That make absolutely no sense. Just don't log on...
deportationblues

Post by deportationblues »

makes sense Hansolo, I probably won't logon until i get mine tomorrow at the earliest.
dB
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

I agree with not spoiling it, I can't wait to get this and tear it open and enjoy! I have been waiting since 1982 when we lost our hero for something like this to come out!! It's going to be a long weekend waiting for sure. It seems so close but so far away!!!

Scott