'Goodbye to Romance' 2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mojopin70
Mass Poster

'Goodbye to Romance' 2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix

Post by mojopin70 »

wow beautiful

this sounds great like this also....for the fact you can hear randys guitars clearly ,,,,but this better not be the version they are putting out alone ..( without bob and lee again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vrT1SQDYhA
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Re: 'Goodbye to Romance' 2010 Guitar & Vocal Mix

Post by mojopin70 »

oh heres ozzy opening the box set 30th editions...and seeing bob and lee on the back of blizzard ...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzYEIxxVnRU&NR=1
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
randyrulz

Post by randyrulz »

Waiting for Flying High to hit You-Tube.........
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Awsome!!! Yeh that would be cool to hear FHA!
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

I'm not the biggest fan of the new GTR re-mix. If it was a "rough demo" of a studio outake of Ozzy and Randy working on the development of the tune, then I would find value in it. But unfortunately, it was a quck 2 seconds where the producer dropped the faders on Bob and Lee's performances and said "here's the re-mix." To me, it just sounds like the tune is lacking. If ANYTHING, they should have just released the solo guitar track. Who cares about Ozzy's vocals anyways. WE JUST WANT GUITAR. I'm still thankful for something rather than nothing, but still...
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

I'm not sure what your ears were hearing, but I can hear parts that were previously buried in the mix, and/or over powered by bass and drums. There is so much new I'm hearing on this one track that I am now actually even more excited about the box set. This is a bonus track and is meant to be similar to what Kevin did with Afterglow. I'm glad Bass and Drums were left off of it!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i agree on the left you can hear the acoustics perfect!!!!but on the right is the electric that i cant stand...i mean i just dont like the sound of an electric on the clean channel. theres not much you can do with the sound as far as mixing it with an acoustic guitar..but its very interesting to the ears without the bass and drums..
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

I agree, I just wish that they would release some alternate takes. That way, every single note is something we'd be hearing new and differant than the original version. I get what you're saying about hearing the additional guitar work that was buried/clouded by the bass and drums.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

cableguyxx wrote:I'm not sure what your ears were hearing, but I can hear parts that were previously buried in the mix, and/or over powered by bass and drums. There is so much new I'm hearing on this one track that I am now actually even more excited about the box set. This is a bonus track and is meant to be similar to what Kevin did with Afterglow. I'm glad Bass and Drums were left off of it!
Amen! I think I'm gonna grab my acoustic and sit down with this remix and attempt to re-learn this song seeing as I can actually hear what's going on now. Before everything was pretty buried under synth, drums, bass. Now I can hear what Randy's playing. 8)
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

randyrulz wrote:Waiting for Flying High to hit You-Tube.........
i posted a link to download it in the other thread with artwork of both Flying High Again (Live) and Goodbye To Romance (Vocal and Guitar Mix)
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I love it. The guitars are beautiful. They should have never buried them with the other instruments. I agree I would love to to hear demos and out takes also.
myhero

Post by myhero »

Love it. Thanks
mojopin70
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I wanna hear the Revelation version that's supposed to be on the box.
electricmombie

Post by electricmombie »

Yeah. You can definitely hear much more details about Randy's guitar tracks on the new guitar and vocal mix. It's cool for what it is, though.