Ummm...Does this Explain Why the Box Set is So Expensive??

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AndrewT1976
Madman

Ummm...Does this Explain Why the Box Set is So Expensive??

Post by AndrewT1976 »

fortress
Madman

Re: Ummm...Does this Explain Why the Box Set is So Expensive

Post by fortress »

1.7 millions for them is like what??? 1000$ for us?
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

Pretty much.

I still find it interesting. Well, anyways, I know they (the Osbournes) give a lot to charity, so I don't think they were trying to be sneaky or anything. The recession has affected everyone (apparently).
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Karma is a bitch :lol:
They should be fine...that article claimed their net worth in '03 was $135 million USD.
Though in one related article, Sharon had looked through the previous year's expenses to see she had spent 300K on cosmetics! :shock:
Wasn't this woman known for her business sense? How do you not pay taxes for two years? Whoever was keeping the books for them is probably working on their resume right about now...
I think they'll be able to pull through without the beach house.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

AndrewT1976 wrote:Pretty much.

I still find it interesting. Well, anyways, I know they (the Osbournes) give a lot to charity, so I don't think they were trying to be sneaky or anything. The recession has affected everyone (apparently).

Yeah? And what charity is that?? And how much was the donation? Dates? "recession" has nothing to do with it.
The only thing they give to is themselves. Now i understand....rock stars spend ALOT of money. But the Osbourne's have taken greed to a whole new level. They spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend and spend and then spend more on bull**** stuff they DON'T even need.
And yet, you have all this money coming in and going out and you don't have an accountant looking at this????? come ON.
Good for the bastards. Like the other person said....karma is a bitch. Only thing i wish is that the sum was more money.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

whoopiecat wrote:Wasn't this woman known for her business sense? How do you not pay taxes for two years? Whoever was keeping the books for them is probably working on their resume right about now...
that's it in a nut shell...she is a very good business woman when it comes to managing people, but so isn't an accountant.....they (the accountant) are directly responsible for the tax dodge. OZZY INC is a company and the ceo would not know the details of the books they just rely on what there people tell them...that's how so many companies get ripped off
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

While they are Rich.....a Million dollars is a Million dollars!!!
Theyve Got Money Coming in & going out EVERYWHERE
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

DMRX wrote:While they are Rich.....a Million dollars is a Million dollars!!!
Theyve Got Money Coming in & going out EVERYWHERE
but if their net worth is $135mil then $1.35mil is only 1%....very easy to over look
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

LMAO, you think Sharon does her own taxes? Gets her Turbo Tax going, gets a calculator out, etc? Please! She has an accountant, I bet you anything, that does all of that crap for her. I mean, wouldn't you have your own accountant if you had all that money? I bet that accountant screwed something up and she is not paying a penalty. My old man has done the family's taxes since an accountant messed up on ours a few years ago and we ended up owing quite a bit of money to the government because of errors.
Regardless, I bet 2 million is something that the Osbournes can afford.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

I haven't got all that money but I do have my own accountant....costs me a small fortune every year the bastard :lol:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Did anyone read past the headline?

On Saturday, Sharon Osbourne, 58, who is said to be "mortified" with the financial mess, took to her Twitter page to do a little explaining. "You can't rely on anyone but yourself. But you have to be on top of your own business affairs. My fault...lesson learned."

Sounds like Sharon had an accountant she thought she could trust and he/she failed to file the taxes... not the first time a legitimate mistake has been made in the trust department.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

:P
Paul, you should know by now that the majority of Americans never read past the headline! :lol:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

NicDots wrote::P
Paul, you should know by now that the majority of Americans never read past the headline! :lol:

Very true, Nic!
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

believe me it's not just in america