Folks, we have SOME confirmation

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Folks, we have SOME confirmation

Post by axeman_12656 »

The Wizard Of Ozz, who is the admin of the official Ozzfest site often throws a bone to the fans. He promised us over a year ago that we would not be disappointed. anyway.. he had this to say today!!

"The live footage you see in the trailer will also be on the boxset dvd as bonus footage without everyone talking over it as well as in the documentary portion. There is 70 minutes of bonus footage on the dvd!!"

we will Indeed get the footage WITHOUT interviews overlapping the footage.

It's a good day.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Whipper
Cool Member

Re: Folks, we have SOME confirmation

Post by Whipper »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8)
Thanks for that info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, even if I couldn't afford it, I'd still be getting it! It's all about priorities. We don't need groceries for a couple weeks. There's plenty of trees in the back yard that we can chew the bark off of instead! :mrgreen:
Ric

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Sounds very promosing! 8)
(first have to see it... :wink: )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

That's awesome, glad that he cleared that up. CAN NOT WAIT!!
James UK

Post by James UK »

For me this is THE most exciting release of any LP/CD or DVD in the past 29 years!!!

Like everyone else here i'd love to hear the full Southampton show, extended YCKRNR, Tonight etc but .... a possible 70 minutes of extra footage!!! Unbelievable!

I don't post that regularly but while i'm writing this I want to say a big 'Thank You' to all the mods and contributors here and over at TK. These are the most brilliant sites for Randy related information! Since I first heard Mr.Crowley in mid '82 I seemed to spend the next 20+ years searching for anything Randy/Ozzy/QR related. Apart from Tribute, a very grainy VHS After Hours and a couple of boots I found nothing. Then when I 'discovered' UR and TK a few years ago, Darin's, Trigger's and all the other contributors of audio really opened up new doors for me. Hearing how Randy's playing progressed through those tours really blew me away. I can't say 'Thank you' enough to you guys for all your generosity!!!!!!!

Then getting in touch with Darin and Barkatozz and acquiring copies of their DVD's...wow! Both were brilliant and a revelation for me. Thanks again!!!

...and now this! Thanks to Randy for the memories and thanks to Ozzy and the Rhoads family for releasing this!!! This represents a major milestone in my own Randy Rhoads journey.

Bloody awesome. Brilliant. Can't wait.:D :D :D :D :D
richemms

Post by richemms »

James UK wrote: I want to say a big 'Thank You' to all the mods and contributors here and over at TK.
+1
without these forums they'd be little noise made for Randy!
Bongo Christ

Post by Bongo Christ »

Didn't he also tell us last year that the box set will be released in April when there was absolutely nothing being said officially? He was only a month out.

30 mins Blizzard, 20 mins After Hours and 20 mins Diary?
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Bongo Christ wrote:Didn't he also tell us last year that the box set will be released in April when there was absolutely nothing being said officially? He was only a month out.

He did..

I say 30 min blizzard 20 mins after hours and 20 mins random things like best new talent award so on.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Cheers for heads up, be nice but why put over 30minutes when they could of put a shitload down?.
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

axeman_12656 wrote:
Bongo Christ wrote:Didn't he also tell us last year that the box set will be released in April when there was absolutely nothing being said officially? He was only a month out.

He did..

I say 30 min blizzard 20 mins after hours and 20 mins random things like best new talent award so on.
I agree I can see the palladium footage being the main and best footage. Then you will have after hours. Im not sure how much of after hours their is but im sure I read in rudys book their were no hidden songs that were not recorded. Which leaves roughly say 10 mins and this will be of maybe a few hidden delights that we may not have seen, which obviously includes that diary footage from the side of the stage. Be interesting to see where this diary footage come from if their was so little of it.