Blizzard DVD trailer

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

AndrewT1976
Madman

Re: Blizzard DVD trailer

Post by AndrewT1976 »

Hey, does Ronnie maybe know of any footage?
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

whoopiecat wrote:Axeman, that is Don Airey on the trailer for the Dakota doc, commenting on Ozzy weeping. Jake was approached to be interviewed, but respectfully declined. That day wasn't easy for anyone, but his weight may be the heaviest.
I didn't realize that was Don Airey. Thanks for cleaing that up. I assumed it was Jake just because he was there.

Thanks again
Live Life Stronger Than Death
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Yeah Thats Don Saying "I looked up & the wing was,I kid you not Here( gestures about 2 feet from his face) " If you remember the stories,Don was taking pictures w/his Telescopic lense & said it seemed like there was a Struggle & when the Plane looked like it was coming too Close
he ducked & when he looked up........the wing was right in his face.
I couldnt even imagine how Fast it had to have happened,everybody (even 30 years later) was/is still trying to figure out what happened.

As to some of the Other Back & forths Ive seen in this Thread since my last post......No Comment,other than.......
If the Osbournes were Just about Money,they woulda put this out Years Ago....at least what they had,because Im under the impression that they just Aqquired this Footage.
And They HAD to get Back on Tour for Ozzy & the bands sake,Ozzy would Drank/Drugged himself to death very quickly if he didnt.
But I believe it was JET Records whom were Really Pushing it,Sharon had to go along w/it.
If you hear the Radio reports from Right After the accident,the Jet Represenitive/Spokesperson was the one saying the Tour would resume right away!!
In Rudys book & in Bernies Interview...he said that Jet had already given Bernie a Cash Advance Unbeknown to Ozzy/Sharon so they were Forced to go w/Bernie even though Rudys Brother was working out Much better .Their hands were tied,Jet wanted their investment to Pay off

And after seeing the Publics reaction to the 15 seconds of RR in the trailer,I'd Say 150 is VERY Fair of a Price Considering the Remastering was done by George Marino & the 100 Page HQ Book....that would have to be like 50 Bucks alone at a store,plus the New 180 Gram Virgin Vinyl & the Doc.....this day & Age thats Fine w/me.....I thought that was alot but after seeing the Quality of the Less than 2 mins of the Doc...I AM SOLD!

150$ Plus FREE Shipping,which coulda been another 25-30 Dollars easily
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

DMRX wrote:150$ Plus FREE Shipping,which coulda been another 25-30 Dollars easily
sadly it ain't free shipping to new zealand works out to be about $257.50nz ($193.9us) :roll:
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Sorry Mate'thats Lame:( Im sure the stuff will hit You Tube as soon as its released,Im gonna Buy it still but Im Looking for it whenever it appears! I just read something about Lars from Metallica & their last album Leaking about Ten Days before release & he said"Shit Ten days from release this Day & Age is really a Feat" being the way File sharing has grown & become since the Whole Napster Fiasco Ten years Ago Not Leaking untill ten days when they were workin on it for years .That was pretty Cool I thought after the way He started the Lawsuit w/Napster when they ALWAYS Used to Stress the Fact & Importance of Word of Mouth & Tape Trading was how they Got As Big as they did w/No Life till Leather,I think the Cassette even said "Duplication is Highly reccomended" in Older Documentarys & Interviews,I just though it was Outta Line being as to thats how they got their Break?? But I guess when Youve got a Record amount Royalty being paid per album sold & the Black album was still on the Billboard 5 years after it came out & they released their next record,that you'd want to get those monies & when their not getting the 2 or 3 bucks on the Million records they sold that year ,I'd want it too,it is after all their career,sorta double edged??Anyhow Randy Rhoads Rules!!!
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GuitarJoe wrote:Wow...CANNOT get over the negativity in this thread!! Yes, it is Sharon's job to think of ways to generate revenue. Some of you act like that a bad thing. The idea that this was some kind of plan twenty years in the making is laughable at best. Acting like Ozzy and/or Sharon don't care about Randy as a human being and just view him as a money maker is stupid stupid stupid. How many people are hard care RR fans? There's probably like 100 of us on this site & tk. You really think Sharon ( or anyone) is gonna get rich off that market? Hahahahaha!!

Go ahead, ask 20 random people the next time you're at the mall who Randy Rhoads is. I'd honestly be surprised if you got even one yes. Now ask about Ozzy. More than half easy. In other words, it's Ozzy's name selling this box set, the fact that they give so much time & attention to Randy is GREAT, it gives Randy the recognition we all know he deserves, but in no way is it going to "drive up sales".

I agree it'd be nice if we could just buy the DVD. But as someone already pointed out, if you were given the opportunity a year or so back to purchase a DVD featuring several never before seen Randy clips, would you buy it for $150? You're damn right you would! If ya wanna buy it, buy it. If ya don't, don't. But don't come on here an piss & moan & bitch & complain. After all these years we're FINALLY gonna see new Randy footage...and yes, we're gonna have to pay for it. Deal with it.
I've read all the post's in this thread and laughed at some of 'em been gobsmacked at others, but GuitaJoe's comments sum up my thoughts entirely.
Well said sir.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Matlike

Post by Matlike »

Fozzy41 wrote:
GuitarJoe wrote:Wow...CANNOT get over the negativity in this thread!! Yes, it is Sharon's job to think of ways to generate revenue. Some of you act like that a bad thing. The idea that this was some kind of plan twenty years in the making is laughable at best. Acting like Ozzy and/or Sharon don't care about Randy as a human being and just view him as a money maker is stupid stupid stupid. How many people are hard care RR fans? There's probably like 100 of us on this site & tk. You really think Sharon ( or anyone) is gonna get rich off that market? Hahahahaha!!

Go ahead, ask 20 random people the next time you're at the mall who Randy Rhoads is. I'd honestly be surprised if you got even one yes. Now ask about Ozzy. More than half easy. In other words, it's Ozzy's name selling this box set, the fact that they give so much time & attention to Randy is GREAT, it gives Randy the recognition we all know he deserves, but in no way is it going to "drive up sales".

I agree it'd be nice if we could just buy the DVD. But as someone already pointed out, if you were given the opportunity a year or so back to purchase a DVD featuring several never before seen Randy clips, would you buy it for $150? You're damn right you would! If ya wanna buy it, buy it. If ya don't, don't. But don't come on here an piss & moan & bitch & complain. After all these years we're FINALLY gonna see new Randy footage...and yes, we're gonna have to pay for it. Deal with it.
I've read all the posts on this thread, agreed with some, laughed at some and been gobsmacked by some, but GuitarJoe's comments sum up my thoughts exactly.
Well said sir.
+1

I also think this is happening because of well...US THE FANS...we've been asking and begging for more footage for a long time, and they have listened and finally delivered, and what better time than for the 30th anniversary.
Last edited by Matlike on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

agreed...
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Well Dont Know How I Forgot the one clip on the Diary Tour???I Slowed it Down & It DEFINATLY is a Crowd!!!!!! I will post it tomorrow!
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

One thing that blows me away about the new stuff is that Ozzy played so many shows n '81 where it seems nobody brought along a video camera and then he plays the Palladium and there's two guys with cameras at the ready :lol: You gotta love New Yorkers 8)
TAB, I know Iron already got you onto this at tk so thought I'd ask-any luck with figuring out when the Diary show was filmed? Looks like my top 3 guesses of San Fran, LA and Beaumont have already bit the dust so I'd love to know (no biggie if it's impossible to work out-I guess RR wore that outfit at plenty of shows).
crumblycake

Post by crumblycake »

What about Fresno CA? If I remember right they did stop there for both tours and according to a really good friend of mine, he remembers seeing cameras there...Does any have photos of the Fresno shows to post?
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Matlike wrote:
Fozzy41 wrote:

I've read all the posts on this thread, agreed with some, laughed at some and been gobsmacked by some, but GuitarJoe's comments sum up my thoughts exactly.
Well said sir.
+1

I also think this is happening because of well...US THE FANS...we've been asking and begging for more footage for a long time, and they have listened and finally delivered, and what better time than for the 30th anniversary.
Agreed.

While I do concur with people on the fact that Sharon is probably not the nicest, most honest person in the world, but please, the way some folks go on about her, you'd think she was Hitler or something.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Gus wrote:One thing that blows me away about the new stuff is that Ozzy played so many shows n '81 where it seems nobody brought along a video camera and then he plays the Palladium and there's two guys with cameras at the ready :lol: You gotta love New Yorkers 8)
TAB, I know Iron already got you onto this at tk so thought I'd ask-any luck with figuring out when the Diary show was filmed? Looks like my top 3 guesses of San Fran, LA and Beaumont have already bit the dust so I'd love to know (no biggie if it's impossible to work out-I guess RR wore that outfit at plenty of shows).
Hi Gus, what makes this paladium show exceptional is that YES yjet played loads of shows in 1981 but Ozzy wasn't a solo star until that tour gained momentum! the paladium show is one of the first shows he played, the band had only played about 6 shows prior to them showing up in NY.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

DMRX wrote:Well Dont Know How I Forgot the one clip on the Diary Tour???I Slowed it Down & It DEFINATLY is a Crowd!!!!!! I will post it tomorrow!
You mean at 00:53 in the (unedited) Blizzard trailer?
For sure I see a 'person' in front of the stage. (outer right bottom in the screen at 00:53) It would be a very good sign if that was filmed during the tour!

(and if they even have stuff like that 'Happy Birthday' shit, well...... :wink: )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
DMRX wrote:Well Dont Know How I Forgot the one clip on the Diary Tour???I Slowed it Down & It DEFINATLY is a Crowd!!!!!! I will post it tomorrow!
You mean at 00:53 in the (unedited) Blizzard trailer?
For sure I see a 'person' in front of the stage. (outer right bottom in the screen at 00:53) It would be a very good sign if that was filmed during the tour!

(and if they even have stuff like that 'Happy Birthday' shit, well...... :wink: )

who knows, the same guy that filmed the Happy Birthday thing could have just filmed just tiny bits of everything while on tour, maybe he just went side stage for a few minutes one night during a show and started filming. I can picture that happening..

*EDIT* never mind i was informed that the guy who filmed happy birthday was not around other than that party most likely